Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it something in the water there?: Student decapitated at Va Tech

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Default Is it something in the water there?: Student decapitated at Va Tech

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...KbXSPgzlknS5Yw

Is it something in the water at Virginia Tech that makes the Asians go insane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Re: Is it something in the water there?

Might it be the history which attracts whackoes of every creed?
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Default Student decapitated at Virginia Tech

Not sure if you guys have heard this, yet. But here it is:
    A female Chinese graduate student has been decapitated by a fellow student at Virginia Tech, the scene of the worst school shooting in US history in 2007, police said.

"There were seven witnesses in the cafe. There had been no argument, no shouting" when the young woman was attacked, said Virginia Tech spokesman Mark Owczarski, confirming that Yang had been decapitated.

Source:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...23/2472870.htm
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/...a_tech_slaying

Kinda disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: Student decapitated at Virginia Tech

Depressing that it occurred at Virginia Tech. Poor girl.

On a less serious note, why did the killer use a knife? Are there gun precautions at Virginia Tech now?

Edit: Isn't this a Backroom topic, seems out of place in the Frontroom?
    Last edited by naut; 01-23-2009 at 03:18.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

You can't decapitate someone with a gun.

So when do we get to know the motivation?

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Dude... what the HELL?!

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inb4 "To the backroom and awaaaay"
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Student decapitated at Virginia Tech

How long does it take to decapitate someone with a kitchen knife?

Decapitating one is worse than shooting 32.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 01-23-2009 at 04:43.

China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Exclamation Re: Student decapitated at Virginia Tech

If there's already a thread in the backroom, this should be merged into it or closed. It's far too serious and disturbing for the classy frontroom. In fact, my sense of humour has temporarily evaporated...

Exclamation Re: Is it something in the water there?

Omg. This immediately reminded me of this old newsbreaker:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...anscanada.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ed-victim.html

What the heck is going on? I mean no offense at all, but is decapitation a common occurence in Communist China?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah Magnus View Post
    If there's already a thread in the backroom, this should be merged into it or closed. It's far too serious and disturbing for the classy frontroom. In fact, my sense of humour has temporarily evaporated...
    Don't worry, it'll come back soon enough.

Well I didn't actively search for a thread on this pre-hand, so might as well close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

No, decapitation is not a common occurrence in China. Which is why this is so troubling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Wooooo!!!

How to get ahead in education .

QUICK QUICK!!!

Someone ban bread knives from student dorms!!!! Hire some guards to do random strip searches of them! Buy some metal detectors for the front doors! PLEASE, think about the children!!
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Someone ban bread knives from student dorms!!!!

Disarm the students and leave them defenseless.... are you crazy ! we should give them extra knives, maybe even swords... and a machine gun each!! then see if some crazy kid with a knife can take out any students...

In all seriousness thoughts and prayers to the victims and killers familys.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Default Re: Is it something in the water there?: Student decapitated at Va Tech

WHAT THE ****

I get sad some days.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Hmm......I have a good friend who goes to Va Tech and he says the food there is just wonderful...... maybe they're putting something in the food?

From what I understand, university food is rarely great
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

It seems its not food that caused it... but the stock market

http://shanghaiist.com/2009/01/30/di...e_virginia.php

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

What's wrong with the US... as far as I know is where most of the school shootouts happen.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    What's wrong with the US... as far as I know is where most of the school shootouts happen.
    Well, you see the Americans are inherently evil and backwards. We do not value the sanctity of life as our vengeful Christian God, wants, nay deamands blood. This wouldn't be a problem if said God let us blow off steam in the bedroom. However we are also taught sex is wrong. So instead of learning about love and romance we are indoctrinated with images if violence from a young age and tuaght that women are evil. Then as the ultimate nail in the coffin we all have very tiny members leading us to buy the biggest most powerful guns possible.

That is why there are school shootings...hope this has been helpful.

Although considering this is not a school shooting why post that question?
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-01-2009 at 02:51.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Well, you see the Americans are inherently evil and backwards.
    Don't be silly Strike , thats just Texans not Americans .

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    Don't be silly Strike , thats just Texans not Americans .
    Good show Irishman, good show.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

well... it's a university related murder... in fact in the same place that the last shootout happened...
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    well... it's a university related murder... in fact in the same place that the last shootout happened...
    It comes off as a post to stir up trouble. It assumes that something is "wrong" America because we have school shootings. An event which isn't all that common to deviate from topic.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-01-2009 at 03:12.

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

I say if your going to decapitate someone at least put their head on a pike. But thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mooks View Post
    I say if your going to decapitate someone at least put their head on a pike. But thats just me.
    We've tried that over here a time or three but it never works....the darned fish keep wiggling too much.

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Not to make light of this horrible event, but I think I'll be scratching VT from my list of possible graduate schools in the future...

Put it at the top of your list Sobieski , after the couple of incidents they will be making special effort and be getting loads of extra funding thrown at them .
    It like booking a holiday in a destination thats just had a terrorist attack , they give you a real bargain and go over the top on making sure you get the most out of it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast