Thread: PLEASE help wrong info given !

Default PLEASE help wrong info given !

Hi,

throughout this forum I have searched and found that consistently the wrong information is given as to how to edit/change unit stats in Europa Barbarorum. Everyone has said to go into export_descr_unit in EB's data files and change the info there. Where this would be exactly how you would change it in RTW this does not apply in regard to EB, as it changes back to orginal EB stats as soon as you start up a campaign and click the advisor to start up the EB script. I have tested this estensively and have scoured the forums and online for a solution to this problem. All the people that think they have changed their units stats are probably playing their game for days or even weeks thinking that when those units come up they will have their edited stats but alas all their time playing was wasted (like mine) due to wrong information being provided. I would greatly appreciate any help in regards to this and please make sure you understand the problem and ARE SURE you know the solution before responding as things that seem basic or would be easy to do in Vanilla RTW aren't always as easy as they look when dealing with mods / scripts.

I anxiously await any and all help, and on a side note this mod is amazing and thank you to everyone involved. I beleive this to be the best modification for RTW ever made and I'm sure I'll love EB2 when it arrives.

Thumbs up Re: PLEASE help wrong info given !

It's not neccesarily wrong. The trivial script (I think that's it) changes the EDU whenever you click on multiplayer or singleplayer EB from its backup EDU files; it is those backup EDU's that you must edit.

Happy hunting!

Default Re: PLEASE help wrong info given !

See frequent issues.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

if it is those I have to edit then the information that has been provided throughout this forum previously have been in error and are wrong because they say to go to activison/rtw/eb/data/export_descr_unit and you are saying to go somewhere other than to that file which contradicts what has been said before , but I digress

so where would one find these super secret EDU altering background thingymibobs that one must edit to ACTUALLY change the EDU ?

Wow , you guys are awesome that has to be some kind of record. here I was thinking that it would be this time next week before my question was answered and you guys got it in under 5 minutes at 2 o'clock in the morning. You guys need to be getting paid for this becuase I pay for service that isn't as good as you guys.

your answer was spot on and right in the FAQ and easy to find ( once I had to link to the correct FAQ as their is more than one and both don't have this answer, so not that easy to find) but Amazing mod and I hope I didn't come accross as an ass or something its just that I spent days playing it thinking my files where modded then they weren't and I went to check and found the they were written over back to original !

Their were some people on these forums though that really I could tell had about 1/5th the savy I have in regards to computers and modding (i.e couldn't even find the data file for this or couldn't mod RTW) so I can just imagine the trouble their having

so again , can't thank you enough for keeping up with the forums and questions , and making the best mod ever for everyone.

Where as I don't believe you should charge for this or other mods (although I would buy this) I do believe you guys should accept donations as I would not be able to now but I would gladly contribute finnacially in the future if said option was available.

thank you again , and happy modding.

you guys are the Adam Sandler to my Jon Lovitz.........

think Wedding Singer.

Thumbs up Re: PLEASE help wrong info given !

Wow , you guys are awesome-
    I know, I am so cool. In fact, due to popular demand, I was forced to add the epithet "Magnus" to my username. It is good knowing the EB mob, and yea, the mob of the Guild as a whole, love me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytallgrass View Post
    Where as I don't believe you should charge for this or other mods (although I would buy this) I do believe you guys should accept donations as I would not be able to now but I would gladly contribute finnacially in the future if said option was available.
    Thank you for your words, and I just want to clarify that we do accept donations, which in their entirety go to maintaining our server. You can see the donation request sticky or make a donation directly through the "Make a donation" button on the bottom right of this page.

Right now our costs are covered for a bit, however. You can make a donation now and let Vercingetorix have more available in advance, or choose to wait until costs have caught up with the sum of donations.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking