Thread: EA...

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

This really ticks me off,of course Y'all know I uninstalled Shogun,but today I made room and was ready to install it when low and behold,I'v thrown away that flimsy peice of junk called a CD case,and NOWWW,I can't play my game because of that d@mn EA code lock F-u I'm Paranoid thing.Is there anyway around this,or can I file suit,or SOMETHING??THis 45% bucks down the drain and I ain't exactly rich!

(AND Yes,WHen I get upset I start talkin like a Redneck cuz I was born and am at heart,from Lousiville,Kentucky.)
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

There are two things you can do:

1. Find the case in the garbage. Though you shouldn't have thrown it away and get mad because of your mistake, you may still find it.

2. Find a random cd key generator or cd key hack. Look around I know they are out there.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

Note that the latter amounts to supporting software piracy. Any links to such posted here will be deleted.

Hirojima-san, it appears that you are the first person in history who actually *has* lost his CD key - most others come here whining for one because they don't want to buy the game. Congratulations for a groundbreaking achievement in honesty

------------------
    "No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."
    - G'Kar in Babylon 5:"The Long, Twilight Struggle"
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Only thing to do is contact EA (maybe another choice of words would be wiser...). I have heard from a few people that could prove they had bought their copy and then got good service from EA.

BTW, flaming them because you did perhaps the single most stupid thing I can think of is... errr... even more stupid?

Hell we got much better reasons for flaming EA than that.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I agree with Erado... seems this poor lad is blowing flames up his own arse...!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Welll,what the hell do you expect,I was angry.I really didn't wanna look for a hack,since I'm bad at searching for anything.I don't see how I chould prove ownership,I bought this game last christmas.

And I guess I should be proud to be the first person to acctually admit I lost my key...STILL,I don't see why EA is the only puplisher I buy from that requires a authorization key.

And to whoever said theres better things to Flame EA about...*ROFLMAO*Hell yea there is..

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome.With sufficent enlightment,we can give substance to any distinction:Mind without body,north without south,pleasure without pain.Renember,enlightment is a function of will power,not of physical strength."-Shang-ji Yang,essays on mind and matter.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

Oh,Btw,another reason I was so angry is this has happened to me not once,not twice but THREE times!!Three times I lost the code to three EA games.

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome.With sufficent enlightment,we can give substance to any distinction:Mind without body,north without south,pleasure without pain.Renember,enlightment is a function of will power,not of physical strength."-Shang-ji Yang,essays on mind and matter.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Man, Katasaki you gotta get organized or you are going to go broke.Not that I'm immune to doing foolish things,my wife says I should run for president of the club,but you lost the key codes to 3 games?Time to learn from your mistakes my friend.I keep a notebook in my desk with all that kind of pertinent info in it.I also never throw the CD cases out,don't understand that one,I guess I'm just a packrat. I feel bad for you,did you register the game when you first got it?Maybe by contacting EA they can help you.
    Good luck!
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

cd cases are like coathangers; if you leave them alone in a quiet, dark place, they multiply. i've more cd cases than games at this point.

K.

Perhaps you have the receipt, a credit card statement showing the purchase, or the actual box it came in. If you bought it with a credit card, you could check to see if the store you got it from still has your card (ie, proof of purchase) on record...

Or, go to the police and take a polygraph test...

this has got to be one of the more amusing threads that popped up in last few months... muahaha, sorry i'm in this mood... "bad at searching for anything" hehe... and you lost your cd keys 3 times lately, i can see how that is EA's fault, that's very unfair to you if you ask me, LOL, why don't you go SUE them- for the psychological trauma that has apparently caused you? (hell there was a woman a while ago suing a ZOO after a giraffe licked her - when she was feeding her, mind you, so why not?) ...oooooh, couldn't help it... hehehe...

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

LOL

I wonder what hte likelehood is of you still having the box when you theough the CD case out.

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

I always open a CD game only to find a little round mirror in it instead!! I mean, where is the game? I find it kinda awkward to hold the mirror with that center hole too -- it scrapes my finger, and after a lot of usage, the finger starts to hurt. Perhaps you could get EA to pull your finger if you ask nicely...?

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

vanya,

if you twirl the mirror on your finger and hold a sharp needle on the shiny side you can hear the lord's prayer chanted backwards by the grateful dead.

K.

Kraellin, that's not true . I Know because i tried it.

The song is sympathy for the devil sung by Boy George and Luciano Pavarotti... or was it Barry White with Elvis Costello, i'm not sure.

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

What also amazes me so much, is the fact that all these jokers lose their CD cases but still manage to hang on to their cd's...
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well Erado this is the first time that I have seen someone lose a case that they actually had.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Quote Originally posted by Katasaki Hirojima:
    [THis 45% bucks down the drain and I ain't exactly rich!

(AND Yes,WHen I get upset I start talkin like a Redneck cuz I was born and am at heart,from Lousiville,Kentucky.)[/B][/QUOTE]

Why let dangerous redneck cdrom cases into your house ? Don't you have a corral to keep them all in ? lol

website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

OK!!THats enough now,it isn't funny anymore.Got that!?!I Was ANGRY!!GODDAMMIT!!Now your makein' me more angry with your Fuc*in jokes ya d*mn a$$holes!

------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Steady on lads...

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

oh no! now i feel really bad...

... because i'm baaaaad, i'm baaaaad, you know it- i'm baaad...

ahmm... anyway... on a second thought, some anger management counselling also appears to be an option there

on a serious note, i'm starting a new movement to force the game publishers to print cd codes right on the cds. it's going to be a big fight so we need all the support we can get. volunteers- please sign up ASAP. donations for legal fees are welcomed as well...