Thread: If you construct a type IV Gov do you have to have a client ruler?

Default If you construct a type IV Gov do you have to have a client ruler?

As the title of the post says really..

If you construct a type IV Gov do you have to have a client ruler?

With there up keep cost it just seems not worth it really...

A side question I playing as AS and have taken the Galatians settlement in Asia minor. Will I have to have a type IV gov installed to be able to recruit Galatians wild men?

Thanks

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: If you construct a type IV Gov do you have to have a client ruler?

Technically you don't have to, but it's a bit of an exploit to install a type IV and then not assign a client ruler. The previous versions of EB automatically generated client rules through the script, but this was buggy and had to be replaced by the current system.

Galatian wild men can be recruited by a level 4 regional MIC. This level can built under a type III or IV government. The fifth level of regional MIC (which does require a type IV government) gives access to Galatian heavy cavalry (equivalent to Brihentin), but since you are the Seleucids, you probably don't need this unit. You can find this information in the recruitment viewer, that came with your EB install. The RV installer can be found in the extra subfolder in the R:TW root folder (not the EB subfolder).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: If you construct a type IV Gov do you have to have a client ruler?

Excellent thanks Ludens

It can save you some time too if you recruit a couple extra allied generals to invade with so as soon as you conquer a settlement you can leave one of your allied generals in it and build a Type IV Gov. Now your allied general will become a client ruler. This gives you a client ruler one turn sooner than if you had recruited him from the city after building the type IV gov building.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Too bad those generals cost money to recruit...
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 01-25-2009 at 06:16.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by davepyne View Post
    It can save you some time too if you recruit a couple extra allied generals to invade with so as soon as you conquer a settlement you can leave one of your allied generals in it and build a Type IV Gov. Now your allied general will become a client ruler. This gives you a client ruler one turn sooner than if you had recruited him from the city after building the type IV gov building.
    Wasn't the new client ruler recruitment set up in such a way that removing a general from the province he was recruited in immediately after recruiting basically made him a warmonger/dedicated field general unsuitable for governing cities and removing him later made him a rebellious client?
    If this is not so, can someone please confirm that client rulers are *adaptable*?
    Would be an entirely new set of tactical options... (Especially for factions like KH who have no swift-moving cavalry generals/governors).

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

They're adaptable... It even says so in the "recruited general" trait. Just have him conquer a city, put in a type 4 and watch him turn into a governor.

Actually, just to be obnoxious about stats, the Galatian heavy cav is equal to the Remi Mariepos (the belgian heavy cav).

They're just slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    They're adaptable... It even says so in the "recruited general" trait. Just have him conquer a city, put in a type 4 and watch him turn into a governor.
    Yes, but once he's a governor, he can't become a general again, right?

That's right. Then he'll be a really slow general who wants to return to his domain.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking