Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More intense battle music

Default More intense battle music

Is it possible I can change the battle music into more "actiony"

example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ziy...eature=related

Blog Entries

Default Re: More intense battle music

You could turn off JUST the music by going to Audio options-Mute Music, then get a CD Player/iPod with a deck, with different playlists/CDs for different parts of the game.

Theres not way I can get the game to play it though?

Blog Entries

Maybe. I'm not a modder.
    Besides, why is it so important it comes from the computer? You'll still be able to hear the marching/killing/exploding.

IDK that would be just irking to me, I believe I have some type of condition...every thing has to be perfect for some reason, I knwo its bad, but at least im not lieing about it:D

Hi Zues,

I am sure you can change the music ... try looking in the eb/data/sounds/music folder ... you can either rename your own music to the names already used in there i.e. replace the existing music with a file of the same name....

or use your own names but then you will need to edit the descr_sounds_music.txt file in the eb/data folder to reflect your own file names. I dont know much about music files but they appear to be mp3 format, other than that I cant help... just remember to back up the originals in case it goes wrong !!

ps, I have not done this myself so try it at your own risk...

cheers,

Pobs

Thanks I will do

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zues! View Post
    Theres not way I can get the game to play it though?
    HELL NO!!!! YOU INSULT THE EB TEAM BY SAYING THIS!!!!
    IN FACT MINUS BALLOONS FOR YOU!!!!!

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Im sorry I didnt know! *runs and gets under rock*

(Goes after him with an axe, a sword and several other Sweboz warriors!)

Its ok but i cant stand ppl that dont apperciate the EB teams hard work. I mean sure the music is a bit slow but then again they didnt have rock guitars and heavy metal bands back in 272BC.

My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Blackeyes View Post
    (Goes after him with an axe, a sword and several other Sweboz warriors!)

Its ok but i cant stand ppl that dont apperciate the EB teams hard work. I mean sure the music is a bit slow but then again they didnt have rock guitars and heavy metal bands back in 272BC.
    No they didn't, but we do, and we want to hear it by god.

Besides, 90% of everything we know about the ancient period is guesswork. Educated guesswork, sure, but guesswork nonetheless. So who are you to say they didn't have rock guitars and heavy metal bands!?

you cant hold that against me...not appreciateing this mod....Im sure they broke their back trying to do it. but to tell you the truth i dont know what to appreciate:D I love love love this game, and i believe EB made Rome Total War famous, but other than that idk what to appreciate....i know many of you like the accuracy of the history, and everything but I know very little about this...hell, Ionly know how to spell 3 on unitsb by heart theTriarii, Principes, and Hes...Hes...make that 2 units

The third unit that you are looking for is Hastati. Also i know that i may be a little insane but still they put ALOT of work in this mod. You gotta give them cudos for that. What i truly appreciate about this mod are the units, which IMHO, look 10 times better than the vanilla color-coded ones, the perfectly fitting music for each culture type ad of course little gems that they have hidden throughout the game. Like this one for instance....

Finding this little beauty made my day.
    So you cant fault me for being at least a little fanatical.

My balloons:

they put ALOT of work in this mod.
    Sure they did ... By the way thanks EB team for this great mod

What i truly appreciate about this mod are the units, which IMHO, look 10 times better than the vanilla color-coded ones, the perfectly fitting music for each culture type ad of course little gems that they have hidden throughout the game.
    Couldn't have sad it better myself. I also believe the music is fascinating especially the "barbarian" factions music and above all the nomads battle music - could any tell me who made the later?
    The rest of the music is also great but these above are my favourites.
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Having tried to walk into battle to the sound of authentic drums and pipes as well as to the sound of Rock Music (Man'O'War are crazy about us Viking Re-enactors for some reason;-)). I can tell you it has pretty much the same effect, so I prefer the ancient and authentic sounds. Personally I took the Res Publica Romana battle music and taught it to our drummerboys...
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

I agree that I hate to see people put in some loud Rammstein or something music in the historical correct EB. But still, I did some modding on a blank RTW folder and I did put in some nice sound tracks.

If I remember correctly, go to data (or EB in this case, dunno EB more complicated), go to sounds or music and throw in your music, then you go back to data/EB and look voor de descr_sounds file, you can choose here which music is played and when. (I know, Im quite inaccurate, this is the direction where you should search)

Putting in 300 music/Lord of The Rings/Troy or another nice battle movie sound track really owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post

Putting in 300 music/Lord of The Rings/Troy or another nice battle movie sound track really owns!
    Exactly what I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    No it wouldn't! Trust me on that.

The music from Troy isn't that bad, play IBRR with the Soundmod on and sounds great, but I play EB for its historical accuracy so I wouldn't do anything to EB.
    Last edited by lenin96; 01-27-2009 at 02:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

i always let the windows media player run in the background, when I'm tired of EB-Music (can't hear the same ALL the time!). For battles I mostly let run some epic sound, like Ride of the Valkyries or sth.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

ERROR READING USER PROFILE Member AqD's Avatar

HELL NO!!!! YOU INSULT THE EB TEAM BY SAYING THIS!!!!
    IN FACT MINUS BALLOONS FOR YOU!!!!!
    It's bad after you listen to the same music for thousands of times and in ALL RTW mods (I changed them to use EB music! )

To the OP: get some other sound mods like PI's and copy & edit data/descr_sound_music.txt. If you don't want to bother with crypt files, just play movie soundtracks....

Well i think the eb music is amazing, i dont think is slow at all and it fits perfectly each nation, i really love the new steppe music its amazing and its really intense it can really pump a battle, but well i also respect the opinion of the op, but like olaf said the eb team has really putted a lot on this mod even to include a custom soundtrack, but well i think people should appreciate more this mod.

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both." Erwin Rommel
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."Erwin Rommel
    "So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by SwebozGaztiz View Post
    Well i think the eb music is amazing, i dont think is slow at all and it fits perfectly each nation, i really love the new steppe music its amazing and its really intense it can really pump a battle, but well i also respect the opinion of the op, but like olaf said the eb team has really putted a lot on this mod even to include a custom soundtrack, but well i think people should appreciate more this mod.
    why do you guy jump to the conclusion that i dont appreciate this mod, and what the makers of it have done

gaestate and thrash metal.... awesome... lol actually i think the celtic (barbarian? only played celtic factions as far as "barbarians" go) is awesome! i digereedon't quite get the digeeree dos tho

a.k.a. Burebista Member Βελισάριος's Avatar

It's not that people think you don't appreciate the mod, Zeus, it's that you don't appreciate it enough.

In Zeus' defence, though, I have to say... tastes differ. Some people find classical music insufferable (see Munich underground for more detail). De gustibus non disputandum

Personally, I like the EB soundtrack more than the original R:TW one. Especially the themes composed by Morgan Casey, the Western Greek themesong is rapidly becoming one of my favourites! If ever a song was perfect for its setting, then this is the one. True, because of some of the modern instruments it is, technically anachronistic, I still think it captures the nature of the Greeks splendidly.

Not to mention the sweeping, powerful main theme. A work of art by any standards. (hey, I'm a fan!)
    To settle the deal between Romans and Greeks once and for all... both Italy and Greece are in deep s*** at the moment. Do you really think who had the biggest spear in antiquity makes any difference?

I personally like the music in the game the way it is because it adds to the environment without being overpowering and being a distractor. Minus maybe the campaign map music for Getai that had a very "horn-heavy" (don't remember too well because I quit playing that campaign after facing a combined alliance between Epeiors, KH, and Makedonia) sound I haven't run into music I didn't really enjoy within the mod.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

I just have a radio/CD player next to my computer. That way I don't even have to quit the game to change the music. Plus I can't run anything else in the background anyway, but even if I could I would still rather have the EB music easily available.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Im sorry my friend, i'm not saying that you dont appreciate the mod is like Burebista said it doesnt seems that u fully appreciate all the effort that has been placed on this mod, i am no one to judge u and yeah a lot of people may not like classical music but like i said on my previous post the music really fits each nation, but i do respect your personal opinion man...

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both." Erwin Rommel
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."Erwin Rommel
    "So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by SwebozGaztiz View Post
    Im sorry my friend, i'm not saying that you dont appreciate the mod is like Burebista said it doesnt seems that u fully appreciate all the effort that has been placed on this mod, i am no one to judge u and yeah a lot of people may not like classical music but like i said on my previous post the music really fits each nation, but i do respect your personal opinion man...
    The music changes from nation to nation? Hmmm Maybe I need to stop fighting Carthage

No, the music is based on which nation you're playing as, not which one you're fighting against. So it doesn't matter who you're fighting. As long as you're playing Romani, the music will be the same. Maybe turn the music off and play some music on an ipod? -M
    My Balloons:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast