Thread: help

Default help

as my first post i would like to say that EB is a great game this is definatly the best mod i've played for the game

but onto my problem that i have been unable to figure out how to fix. uninstalling/reinstalling everything does not work and has gotten progressivally worse

battle map experiences complete blacking out/whiting out/disappearing of units, sky, trees etc, in some combination (trees will black out and some units will too, some disappear and the ground whites out) this occurs in both RTW before EB installation and in EB. This has not occured before the last week or so when i uninstalled/reinstalled RTW and EB due to some CTD in the casse campaign that could not be avoided and a botched installation of 1.2. on recent attempts even the campagin map is affected with various things missing from the display (flags, persons, shadows)

i am running windows xp pro and have ati x600 if anyone has any suggestions on what i can do to tinker or if i need to reinstall/uninstall properly that would be great

adding RTW patch 1.3 is also one thing i am speculative about, it gives three options, modify, repair, and uninstall. the installation of 1.3 only works after uninstalling (but what is it uninstalling??) so i believe that could be the cause as well.

thanks for your help!

Default Re: help

Try the installation guide in my signature. It may help clean up the mess (uninstalling everything) and well, if you take away the fact it is written for EB 2 versions ago and so proceed a little cautiously it is still quite useful.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

About that last thing part. Are you sure you don't already have RTW 1.3 or 1.5? Because then that 1.3 patch isn't needed (duh).

About the rest... Have you tried updating your video drivers?

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Or perhaps you updated your video drivers recently? Try to downgrade them, driver programmers make mistakes too.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

video drivers have been unchanged since this all started, and i have uninstalled reinstalled several times both rtw and eb. the rtw is vanillia so 1.3 not on it already. Maybe there is something not being uninstalled properly that is interfering with the game when reinstalled.

Please run a validation.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by HorusLupercal View Post
    video drivers have been unchanged since this all started, and i have uninstalled reinstalled several times both rtw and eb. the rtw is vanillia so 1.3 not on it already. Maybe there is something not being uninstalled properly that is interfering with the game when reinstalled.
    My RTW is Vanilla too and it is 1.5. I suppose you mean that it says 1.0 on the main menu (or was that options menu) when you start RTW vanilla.

Run a validation as Bovi says, if anything RTW/EB related is not being installed properly it should show.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Thanks for the help guys, i fixed the problem, which doesn't mean I know how it orignated, considering i just changed the screen resolution which never changed to begin with...