Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Vacuum [Concluded]

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Default Dark Vacuum [Concluded]

Dark Vacuum

Game Hosted by yours truly, YourLordandConqueror (aka, YLC)

Many thanks to various Orgahs for helping in different elements and concepts

Captains Log - 2253, 1313 hours:
    This is Fleet Captain Ivan Ostranovii of the ship Jovian Combine Navy Corp "Ravager". We have just escaped from an ambush within Jovian Combine space. The nerve! The Earth Colony Directorate's attacks have been getting more frequent and more reckless - and their continued success is not helping matters either.

We took immediate severe damage to the forward weapons control and port decks. Their strikecraft moved fast, and I had to scramble the fighters to counter them. I then used the fighters to broadcast a massive pulse to scramble the ECD's targeting systems. The signal, amplified by the closeness of the fighters, bought me enough time to begin jump sequences. My son, Lieutenant Grigorii Ostranovii, was leading the fighters out there the best he could, even as they were outmatched and outnumbered. Halfway through the jump sequences, we took a lucky hit to the aft, crippling the maneuvering engines, and sending a power surge back to the reactor, which immediately began to malfunction.

But the crew and I preserved, and the Ravager jumped to the Lonely Haven, as suggested by my own son. A giant Mobile Construction and Dockyard, the Lonely Haven would be able to repair the Ravager easily enough for a safe trip home. But before we could celebrate, it appeared 3 boarding craft had hitched a ride in the Jump Stream, and yet again the klaxons sounded as ECD Marines poured forth into my ship. But they were not expecting a desperate JCNC crew to counter them, and after hard fighting on almost all decks, the ECD Marines surrendered.

Captains Log - 2253, 1315 hours:

This is Fleet Captain Ivan Ostranovii of the JCNC "Ravager". All attempts to hail the Haven have failed, and I fear the worst. Is it possible that the ECD has penetrated this far in? If they have, why leave the Lonely Haven whole, yet kill the crew? I am being morbid - the Lonely Haven could be having technical difficulties and be unable to contact anyone. The last known recording from the Haven was a request for new communications equipment, so this could be it. We will dock soon enough to investigate further.

Captains Log - 2253, 1316 hours:

This...This is Fleet Cap- Oh, god, to hell with it. No...no, no man should have seen what I have on this day, no man should be cursed with the memories I now carry. The Lonely Haven is lost, it's crew dead or missing. Oh, how could this happen! How could it happen [weeping]! 10,000 men and women, gone to their deaths, ripped, torn, violated, smashed, crushed, say it however you wish [cry of despair]! Damn the Nephilim!

We should have known better. The ECD are not our only enemies in the bleakness of space - there is the Nephilim. Vile, twisted beings who may have once called themselves kin of man, be they Martian, Terran, Jovian, or Kyperian. They are born from the Transcendi, humans capable of psychic power. In man's "wisdom", he created an organization to control the Transcendi - the Terran Psi Corp - and trained them to use their abilities for the "good" of mankind.

When you treat something like a weapon, it becomes one. That was what happened to those poor souls, mere children, had to endure when being forced into the TPC, and it is what they became. Monsters breed monsters - if a Transcendi is to far broken, if their mind loses all sanity, their powers consume them, and they become "thought manifest", infinitely more powerful, and infinitely more cruel. That is what has happened to the Lonely Haven - infestation by Nephilim, casuing the crew to kill themselves off in anyway imaginable to escape the Nephilim's madness.

Captains Log - 2253, 1316 hours, Log 2:

This cannot be! The Ravager is docked into the repair systems of the Lonely Haven. I cannot undock her, or risk destroying my ship, but I cannot remain docked and risk exposure to the Nephilim! If the Nephilim are not on board already...for only a madman would do this.

Captains Log - 2253, 1320 hours:

I have organized the crew, and our prisoners, for this involves all of us, together and explained the situation to them. It appears that everyone is willing to cooperate in the investigation as to who locked the Ravager to the Lonely Haven. I cannot eliminate any suspects - for a Nephilim may hide in one person's body but control another from a distance.

The agreement is that we all meet up in the Flight Deck every day to cast a democratic vote - by listening to each person in turn, we might be able to detect the hint of insanity that is the Nephilim. With our votes cast with one vote and once voice, for there is no other way, we will then eliminate the accused with extreme prejudice - for there is no other way, when dealing with the Nephilim.

Captains Log - 2253, 1320 hours, Log 2:

The ECD Sergeant Major, Seraphina Baasch. She speaks of "Operatives", those who serve the part of the TPC who root out, hunt down, and kill Nephilim. She says one or two might have been in her own boarding party, since there are faces among her own that she is not familiar with. This is dire - Operatives only appear when it suits them and it is to their advantage, and when a Nephilim of immense power is their target. They will stop at nothing to get to the Nephilim, and have little mercy for those caught in the way.

...All in one day...I feel the old joke of the great space goblin rearing it's head...if I survive this, I think I will finally retire...
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my first large game, Dark Vacuum Mafia! I am looking for about 25-30 people, but even more are welcome! There will be a handful of Nephilim(Mafia) and Operatives(?), along with some town power roles for both the ECD and JCNC. Each person will also have personal victory conditions to achieve along with their main objective.

This game has a new rule, so allow me to explain.

First, the Ship is divided into four major sections - Crew Quarters/Mess Hall, Engine Room, Flight Deck, and Labs/Medbay. During the day phase, besides just posting your normal vote, you may post your location as well. By being in a location someone else is not, you may or may not be subject to whatever abilities they may have, and your abilities may or may not be usable only on those in the same location as you. Certain Locations will have benefits for certain characters as well. To announce your location, post Location:Airlock. To change your location, please post Relocation:Sucking Vacuum to notify me you moved.

Rule Addendum - If you do not declare your Location, you will be considered to be in the Crew Quarters/Mess Hall . Also, this effects the night phase only - your votes will all count as one.

Now, to rip the rest of my rules from my other mafia game...

Rules(shamelessly ripped from Netherworld, with a few modification according to this games needs ):

NO QUOTING PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S(Andres)-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word. Also, you cannot reveal victory conditions. Period.

The dead cannot reveal anything unless I allow them to, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other, except at Host discretion.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. Period. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. Period. You must unvote:playerX in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:YLC style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WOGs will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me WOG you. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

No links to anything outside of this thread. Period. I don't care if it pertains to something completely irrelevant.

It would be very helpful for the sake of my sanity if player's kept a tally running.

DON'T MESS WITH THE TALLY! If I determine ANYONE is intentionally misrepresenting the tally, I WILL wog the offender immediately. I will not put up with BS like that.

Voting periods will be 24 hours, though I may occasionally extend it to 36 if necessary.

Signed up(20/20)
    taka
    seireikhaan
    shlin28
    TheFlax
    777Ares777
    boudica
    White_Eyes :D
    Quintus.JC
    Andres
    Chaotix27
    187Beefyz
    LittleGrizzly
    CountArach
    Reenk Roink
    Sigurd
    Rythmic
    glyphz
    Jolt
    TevashSzat
    Ichigo
    ||GoTW||Warman8||Sldr||-III-||
    Last edited by ULC; 02-10-2009 at 23:02.

Default Re: Dark Vacuum - Sign ups!

first in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Inz

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Blog Entries

sexy

furthermore the location thingy is exactly what i planned for my game

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Arrggggghhhhhh!

(It's entirely possible that you may not have been able to hear that scream)

RL dictates that I should in no way enter this game. I'll only be able to offer token contributions til next Tuesday at the earliest. However I really don't want to miss out. If it looks like taking a while to start up, and you are prepared to accept my situation as a player then I am totally in.

Please.

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

In....I will do my best not to kill anyone

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

In.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Innage. I will, however, be gone from Thursday to Sunday this week with no internet. If this is a problem, YLC, feel free to remove me from the sign-up list. I don't mind either way.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Opposite of out!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Sure.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Due to some minor confusion at to my "Location" rule, I have edited it for further clarification.

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Looks promising.

In.
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

In.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Default Re: Dark Vacuum (Sign ups)

This is a bump to see if enough people are interested. If I don't have 25 people by Saturday, I'd like the mods to lock this thread

IN

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Since I can't be on at weekends, I suppose this means I'll be WoG'd in two weeks at best, correct?
    BLARGH!

If there is a specific reason you are absent, I will be lenient in such a case - however, I expect activity during the week

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Sorry for not being active in your last game, but I can probably be active after this upcoming weekend. Before that, my activity will probably be limited.

If more people than 30 want to join, feel free to take me out of the list to get more active people in
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    If there is a specific reason you are absent, I will be lenient in such a case - however, I expect activity during the week
    I won't be on in the next weekends. Basic reason (Used already in Scourge). I'm studying in a distant city, and I only have internet in college. Thus, I can't log on at weekends (Unless I'm back at home).
    Week activity is promised.
    BLARGH!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Though I won't be active on weekends either. Can't get on the internet then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    Should you allow my weekend inactiveness, I'll join in.
    BLARGH!

Your both fine

The I Is In.
    BLARGH!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since I got more time on my hands now, I like to join !!

Game has started! PM's to be sent out.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast