Thread: Do you change ancillaries between generals? Is it buggy?

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Do you change ancillaries between generals? Is it buggy?

Historically a king can give his friends, tutors etc. what we call in game as "ancillary" to his son to educate and improve them. I tried it in one of my last campaign that I gave some advisable ancillaries to faction heir. Though I did not try with last game cos I had not met a CTD, thanks God; my king is getting older so I think to give some of his ancillaries to heir, I know that not all ancillaries can be given to other general, but I am just curious wether it is buggy or not or dev team advices this practice.

As my last campaign works OK without any CTD, so ı am indecisive on it so now I avoid it until one can answer me.

your comments will be appriciated.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Do you change ancillaries between generals? Is it buggy?

Personally I never do, except to get rid of an ancillary if I want a character to get a governorship or satrapy and they already have eight. I have never had, or heard of, any problems related to swapping retinue.

yes I do, old character often pass their military-retinue (armourer, chirurgeon etc) on to the next generation, when they retire from soldiering
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Blog Entries

I've had Archimedes become nigh immortal :D

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    Historically a king can give his friends, tutors etc. what we call in game as "ancillary" to his son to educate and improve them. I tried it in one of my last campaign that I gave some advisable ancillaries to faction heir. Though I did not try with last game cos I had not met a CTD, thanks God; my king is getting older so I think to give some of his ancillaries to heir, I know that not all ancillaries can be given to other general, but I am just curious wether it is buggy or not or dev team advices this practice.

As my last campaign works OK without any CTD, so ı am indecisive on it so now I avoid it until one can answer me.

your comments will be appriciated.

1-I switch them in event that the person I'm taken them from is close to death. just like what you are doing in fact.

2-as far as I can tell, Its not buggy. I dunno though.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 01-26-2009 at 23:51.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

My old king passed sixty before a plague takes him today I will give his ancillaries to his heir.

I have no chance to make archimedes immortal but it would be great

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill