Thread: Missing Shogun movies

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Default Missing Shogun movies

I've seen recently, in Washazus AARs that he gets in-game movies that I can't, for example, the seppuku one and the throne room emmissary one and all I get are the ninja and geisha assassination movies, could anyone tell me why?
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Re: Missing Shogun movies

It`s Wishazu mate lol At the main menu in Shogun, go into "options" select "Game" and make sure that both "throneroom" and "event movies" are selected.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Well I'm not sure about the Warlord Edition but when you install Mongol Invasion over STW it turns off the throne room and possibly also the event movies by default. So following Wishazu's advice to re-enable them makes sense.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Ok, I checked throne room, so that's sweet and I have event movies checked but still don't get seppuku movies but atleast I got the cool throne room movies thanks for the help.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Default AW: Missing Shogun movies

Seppuku movies are not too frequent and only show when a Daimyo ended his life himself due to the shame of being defeated or besieged (if I am not mistaken). You might see it during the further progress of the game. Additionally there is a folder where all the movies are. I watched them all with winamp once to ensure I didn't miss anything cool.

Default Re: AW: Missing Shogun movies

I never get the seppuku movie when I cause the daimyo to commit seppuku. That might be it Xehh.

I've also only had the one where a regular taisho commits seppuku a couple times, don't know what triggers it.

Default Re: AW: Missing Shogun movies

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    I never get the seppuku movie when I cause the daimyo to commit seppuku. That might be it Xehh.

I've also only had the one where a regular taisho commits seppuku a couple times, don't know what triggers it.
    It is triggered if the Taisho reaches -2 honor.
    I learned that by trying myself, sent the poor guy a lot of battles that he can't win, just too see how bad a general could be