Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Godfather, Part 3 [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Godfather, Part 3 [Concluded]

Prologue

A lonely, rusty old van clanked and rattled its way through the town. While not being noticed at all by the villagers, the people inside the van were taking a good look at their changing surroundings. One of them in particular seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, deep in his memories. It had indeed been a long time since he had been through these parts.

The town was thriving, having fully recovered from its near-decimation of many years ago. It had almost been a perfect, thorough job, but the villagers had survived and removed the threat against them just in time. The sudden lack of reports coming from the town of Gameroom prompted the man to take a drive through town and figure out what had happened.

He didn't particularly care that people would identify him as part of la Cosa Nostra. Even if they did, they couldn't have done anything about it. His hired crew, as it turned out, had killed all but three of the villagers. This fact had steamed the man even further. They were so close! but they couldn't pull it off. In the end, the Gameroom lived. And now, it had repopulated.

The man, after driving through town, decided then and there that he would wait before he delivered his revenge. Sure, he could have hired a couple of bagmen off any street to come in and pump the last few people full of lead, but that would have been a hollow victory. Instead, he would wait. The Gameroom would repopulate. It would once again thrive. And as time passed, people would forget about the events that had transpired here as they became part of the distant past.

No longer.

And so, the van with the words Vincenzo's Guttering painted on its side pulled up to a select house, still not being noticed by anyone in the town. After all, this sort of company was a common sight around these parts, what with the local obsession with property. Nevertheless, the three men still took precautions, being modestly-dressed in guttering uniforms, walking up to the house, and ringing about the doorbell.

In a short time, somebody inside opened the door. Upon seeing who was visiting him, the man said in a loud, overly-theatrical voice, "It's about time! My house could really use some guttering work!" He motioned the three men inside, glad to be able to speak freely.

"You're using the same van as last time?" the owner said. "Won't anyone notice?"

"No," said Vincenzo, the man who had been deep in thought the whole ride over. "And if they do, they won't make the connection. That is why we have waited so long. The town won't know what hit them."

One of the others, Gregorio, piped in. "You know what you have to do?"

"Yes," said the owner, showing only a slight sign of nerves. "As per your orders, I have identified two townspeople to be my henchmen. I am certain they will accept my offer once I make it to them."

"They'd better," said the final "gutterer", Jacopo.

"They will" said the owner, getting more nervous.

"Good," said Vincenzo. "The time has come. As soon as we leave you will contact your two designated henchmen. Once you have done this, your task is to kill every single one of these miserable wretches living in this cursed town. They have wronged me once in the past, deprived me of several of my best man. You will see that they all pay. I will get my revenge, and you will be the one to deliver it."

Upon saying this, Vincenzo and the other two departed the house, leaving the owner in his own thoughts. Vincenzo had recruited him a long time ago just for this task. Now that it was finally upon him, he would see it through. He would personally wipe this pathetic town off the map. He would become the Godfather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

This game is a resurrection of the classic Godfather series, hosted by the legendary Silver Rusher, who is sadly no longer with us. This series has always held sentimental value for me, as I took part in both games and have fond memories. In my opinion, the intricacies that Silver designed provide for high psychological drama and endless replay value.

If you're interested in a little history, the first installment in the series is here. The Godfather, Part 1 took place in September 2006 and resulted in the first ever Total Mafia Victory. Part 2, played in October-November of 2006, became the first Mafia game to break 1,000 posts and I consider it to be the greatest game of all time, even eclipsing Capo II. I'll leave you to see how it ends.

At the start of the game, instead of selecting the mafia, I will select one Godfather, whose job is to PM me with two other villagers who will become the Godfather's grunts. The Godfather will not be able to kill anyone in the game unless he is the only mafioso left.

Once the two grunts have been selected, the town will elect a Chief of Police, who cannot vote but is immune to night kills. This will be considered Day 1 of voting.

Immediately after the Chief is selected, I will select, out of the left over townies, someone to be the Detective, who gets the usual powers. The Godfather shows up as innocent to the Detective.

When sending me their kills, the mafia need to PM me them in the exact form they will appear. Unlike in my Mafia series, I will do very little editing, so you will need to disguise/uniformize your writing style.

Each Grunt can kill one person per night. This means that when one Grunt is executed the mafia's firepower is essentially chopped in half. As previously stated, the Godfather cannot kill unless he is the only mafioso left, in which case he can kill one person per night.

Standard dead/PM rules apply. You can't post any sort of conversations you had once you are dead or reveal your role, or hint at your role. The Detective cannot reveal privately, and cannot try to get around this by posting something in his location or signature or anything like that for five minutes. Say that you're the Detective in the thread. Also, no screenshots. Anything else is fair game.

Voting procedure is also standard.

On the first day, you will be voting for a Chief of Police only, in which case the voting will be as follows:

Elect: GeneralHankerchief

If you wish to change your selection, please do so as follows:

Unelect: GeneralHankerchief
    Elect: Silver Rusher

Starting on Day 2, the usual Vote: GH system is in place. You are allowed to vote "abstain" and also, for the first time in one of my games, "no lynch".

The Chief of Police can only be removed through a lynching. If the situation arises where we need to elect a Chief of Police mid-game, I'll deal with that as it comes.

Inactive players will be dealt with via the Wrath of God. I hold no specific criteria for Wogging. Basically, if I think you're inactive, you're gone.

Tie votes will be dealt with by a re-vote with only the players with the most votes eligible for the lynch.

Finally... I'll let Silver explain the final rule:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    Each game in the The Godfather series will have its own special twist, which will differ between games.
    Roles:

Godfather: Randomly selected first. Picks two grunts. Shows up "innocent" on Detective investigations. Cannot kill until he is the only mafioso left. The Godfather's lynching results in an immediate victory for the town, even if there are still mafiosi alive!!!
    Grunts (2): Selected by the Godfather. Can kill one person each night. If only one grunt is left alive he cannot kill two people per night to make up for his partner's absence. Shows up "guilty" on Detective investigations.
    Detective: Randomly selected once the Chief of Police has been elected. Can investigate one person each night, however, cannot determine the Godfather. CANNOT REVEAL PRIVATELY.
    Chief of Police: Elected by town on Day 1. Cannot vote, but cannot be night-killed. The Chief cannot be sacked; if you wish to remove him from his position, you must lynch him. An optional feature to the CoP's role is that he may provide me with the daily lynch methods if he so wishes.

Let's have a great game, everybody!!!

Signed up (28/30):
    Ichigo (welcome back, BTW!)
    shlin28
    YLC
    777Ares777
    Andres
    seireikhaan
    TevashSzat
    Quintus.JC
    Lord Winter
    Rythmic
    White_eyes:D
    CountArach
    Tratorix
    Chaotix27
    Sigurd
    Reenk Roink
    glyphz
    boudica
    187Beefyz
    taka
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Jolt
    LittleGrizzly
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Ignoramus
    Askthepizzaguy
    TinCow
    Sasaki Kojiro (also welcome back!)
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 01-31-2009 at 22:44.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: The Godfather, Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

IN!

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Blog Entries

sexy

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Godfather, Part 3 (Sign ups)

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Im In as long as the game starts after this upcoming weekend at least
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

in.

In.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

In.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN I want to see the "Curse of GH where town always seems to win"

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Ichi! Haven't seen you in ages!

You know I am so in GH.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

In.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

In!

As I have also stated for YLC's large game, however, I will be inactive from now until Sunday. If this is a problem, GH, feel free to remove me from the sign-ups.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Why does no one want to play MY game

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

In!
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

IN

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

I don't want to get mixed up in this...

... but I fear it might already be too late.

(in.)

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

go on then :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tevash and Chaotix, that should be fine. You may miss the initial Chief of Police selection but nothing important.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Silver's Game was one of my first ones, and i enjoyed it immensely. I will gladly join the Founder's reincarnation effort.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I am in! Second game!
    BLARGH!

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

I tried to think of something clever to go here but failed miserably... IN!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

In!
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

In!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to cut off sign-ups at around 30. If you want in, say something or be prepared to miss the fun.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I would like to be in, but you're probably aware of my internet handicap.

I am usually only online once every two days, for the time being. I would probably be better off as an alternate (someone's getting WOGed? Replace him with me), but I'd like to join.

And I'll try to keep my chatter to a minimum this time. If I have a lot to say, I'll shove it in spoilers and in one post. But I will still probably be more talkative than the average player.

Let me know if I can join this one, GH.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast