Thread: ODA ~ From Such Humble Beginnings

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default ODA ~ From Such Humble Beginnings

I have recently completed a campaign report or AAR in the "Sword Dojo". I`m not sure that it is worthy of you folks but I just wanted to invite the regulars from the mead hall to take a look. This is the first AAR I have ever written and tried to write it in the form of a personal journal. Let me know what you think.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=111388
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ODA ~ From Such Humble Beginnings

Good!
    R.I.P. Tosa...

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wishazu View Post
    I have recently completed a campaign report or AAR in the "Sword Dojo". I`m not sure that it is worthy of you folks but I just wanted to invite the regulars from the mead hall to take a look. This is the first AAR I have ever written and tried to write it in the form of a personal journal. Let me know what you think.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=111388
    There seems to be a misconception about the Mead Hall and it's regulars, as if we'll bite your face off if you so dare to post something we find "unworthy" ala Hannibal Lectar. That's not what we're about here!

We are about constructive criticism to help out our fellow writers. AARs are certainly welcome here, you don't have to write a book to put your work here. Although you certainly can if you wanted, just look at froggy!

Thanks for the positive feedback Stephen Asen, I`m glad you enjoyed reading it.

@ Monk, I didn`t want to suggest that you guys were some bunch of elitist snobs, but after scanning a few of the other stories currently in progress here, I felt a little intimidated. lol Anyways, cheers for the welcome.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    We are about constructive criticism to help out our fellow writers.

If i was to complete one, i would want constructive critizm in abundance to improve my next piece of work.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

@ Monk, I didn`t want to suggest that you guys were some bunch of elitist snobs, but after scanning a few of the other stories currently in progress here, I felt a little intimidated. lol Anyways, cheers for the welcome.
    A lot of people seem to feel that way, but really we welcome all here! You don't need to compose an epic to be worthy of the Mead Hall. I really liked your work Wishazu.

I've also noticed there's been an explosion of AAR activity in the Sword Dojo of late. Good to see people still active there!
    Last edited by Monk; 01-31-2009 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    A lot of people seem to feel that way, but really we welcome all here! You don't need to compose an epic to be worthy of the Mead Hall. I really liked your work Wishazu.

I've also noticed there's been an explosion of AAR activity in the Sword Dojo of late. Good to see people still active there!
    Thankyou mate. I`m actually now thinking about writing a short story about one of the very minor characters from my Oda AAR - Li Kurosawa, the only surviving bodyguard at the battle of Iga.

As to the increased activity in the Sword Dojo, in their hearts everyone loves Shogun the most :) Every now and then they rediscover that. Besides, Samurai are COOL! lol

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Blog Entries

Thankyou mate. I`m actually now thinking about writing a short story about one of the very minor characters from my Oda AAR - Li Kurosawa, the only surviving bodyguard at the battle of Iga.

As to the increased activity in the Sword Dojo, in their hearts everyone loves Shogun the most :) Every now and then they rediscover that. Besides, Samurai are COOL! lol
    Shogun 2 for next total war game (or asia total war sounds good to me )