Thread: Who the heck was _spw_ doing the EB1 skins?

Default Who the heck was _spw_ doing the EB1 skins?

Because i want to have his children. Seriously, the skins he did surpass all of the ones done by other artists. I have gone back and brushed all of theirs just so they will being to approach the quality of spw's work. I really hope he's working on EBII. Also, pm me if you want my opinion on which artisits should not be working on EBII, because I've got some opinions on one guy in particular.

Anyhow, I <3 you, spw.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Who the heck was _spw_ doing the EB1 skins?

Spartan Warrior? He was indeed one of the best artist we had. His models are really stunning, even when depicting simple and cheap units.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tudhaliya View Post
    Also, pm me if you want my opinion on which artisits should not be working on EBII, because I've got some opinions on one guy in particular.
    Seems presumptuous me thinks.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Seems presumptuous me thinks.
    I think judging art is one of those things where you don't have to be able to make it yourself to be able to critique it. Especially when the artwork is trying to model something "real". For example, my untrained eyes are quite familiar with what a human face looks like, and thus I can judge whether an artist's depiction of a face is good or not. Another example is scale mail. The scales should be roughly the same size, and probably be lined up somewhat (especially on "elite" units that can afford good armor). If the scales are all out whack, that will be apparent even to a layman like myself.

But yes, criticism sucks. So we should all try to do better so no one bitches at us.

~Tudhaliya

I think judging art is one of those things where you don't have to be able to make it yourself to be able to critique it. Especially when the artwork is trying to model something "real". For example, my untrained eyes are quite familiar with what a human face looks like, and thus I can judge whether an artist's depiction of a face is good or not. Another example is scale mail. The scales should be roughly the same size, and probably be lined up somewhat (especially on "elite" units that can afford good armor). If the scales are all out whack, that will be apparent even to a layman like myself.

But yes, criticism sucks. So we should all try to do better so no one bitches at us.

~Tudhaliya
    critizism without constructive words sucks....
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

~Tudhaliya
    Youv'e missed the point. It just seems like a presumptuous attitude to say something like that in a public place.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Sorry to be pedantic but scale armour's scales weren't always all the same size:
    http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:....wikimedia.org
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Youv'e missed the point. It just seems like a presumptuous attitude to say something like that in a public place.
    You might be right. I do need to work on my social manner - I always seem to be a bit out of synch with everyone.

As for the pedant above: the scales we're talking about, in what way are they not all the same size? I was just assuming that while they might vary depending on what part of the body they cover (large ones for the immoble areas of the chest and back, small ones closer to the armpits and other joints). Is it rather that the distribution is random? Because in that case I'd have to retract my earlier criticism about the quality of some of the skins.

Because i want to have his children. Seriously, the skins he did surpass all of the ones done by other artists. I have gone back and brushed all of theirs just so they will being to approach the quality of spw's work. I really hope he's working on EBII. Also, pm me if you want my opinion on which artisits should not be working on EBII, because I've got some opinions on one guy in particular.

Anyhow, I <3 you, spw.
    would you mind giving a few examples please?
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majd il-Romani View Post
    would you mind giving a few examples please?
    I think its a better idea to let him PM you, not post the examples.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

What the heck is the reason for this thread, couldn't you pm him about this?! Or did you just wanted to trash someone who gave up he's some of he's free time to do some skinning...
    Last edited by Tux; 02-05-2009 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    What the heck is the reason for this thread, couldn't you pm him about this?! Or did you just wanted to trash someone who gave up he's some of he's free time to do some skinning...

Agree, this mod is done voluntarily guys, these guys are giving their all for this mod, and you know what? They aren't even getting payed for it. So just sit back and enjoy what you have, Or would you rather just not have any game at all?
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR