Thread: Svenn's Installation woes

Default Svenn's Installation woes

Hi

Yetsterday i downloaded and installed EB 1.1 and EB 1.2 patch,

I have Vista, and RTW gold (w/BI)

All of that was saved into Program Files.

I got as far as the first title screen, the one with 'EUROPA BARBAROM' then something written in french underneath, and something like 'Modification for Rome - Total War' underneath that.

So i uninstalled RTW Gold, and all EB related stuff.

Ive now reinstalled Rome TW gold to c:\home\users\saved games - this is okay yes?

Im now ready to install EB and patch.

Theres 2 setup icons on my desktop still (EB1.2 AND EB12) willl i be okay to run setup from them or do i have to download again from torrent/filefront?

Also when you install RTW Gold you dont have a choice not to install BI with it, am i right in thinking EB wont work with BI present?
    If so how do i resolve this?

Thanks

What shll i do?

Default Re: Svenn's Installation woes

EB works with RTW Gold perfectly. I even adapted it so it runs with BI and not with RTW 1.5 as it does when you just installed it.

I don't know why you wanted to reinstall however. The game clearly worked. Just have some patience, it can take 2 minutes to load, it can take 30 minutes as well. Depends on your computer. It takes about 10-15 minutes for me.
    Eb is a very heavy modification for RTW, with lots of added Data. The RTW engine wasn't really made for that much data, so loading it may take some time. Once it has loaded, it should run fine.

"I got as far as the first title screen, the one with 'EUROPA BARBAROM' then something written in french"
    LOL, have you ever heard of the language they call Latin?
    Playing EB means promising to read lots about history - reading the in-game discriptions alone is almost like reading an encyplopedia - so I hope you are up to the task.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-31-2009 at 12:04.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Default Re: Svenn's Installation woes

Theres a diffrence between having read a little history and being an expert in languages

Thanks for your help