Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cheats

Default Re: cheats

or you give the money to yourself and use force diplomacy to give it to the faction you want. that's how I do it.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Well, I'd like to give it directly and I've found this here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

but now, I have to search in the eb...files for the edited faction names <(-_-;)> I'll up that later if it's done. << well err... haven't seen Ibn-Khaldun's list, thank you :Smile:
    Last edited by Hotseat_User; 02-25-2009 at 14:42.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

I have a little problem with the "move_character" cheat. It doesn't seems to be working with Qart-Hadast and Roman FM (I haven't tried with the rest of the factions). It says Character not found when I correctly write their name. But I have no problem moving captain's around.
    Could anyone help me?
    Last edited by Raiuga; 06-13-2009 at 14:54.

Sorry, forgot one thing. How "force_diplomacy" works?

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Force diplomacy is a mod you install to make factions agree with whatever your diplomat proposes. After you install it, you can click the question mark in the corner of any diplomacy screen, and propose. The faction will agree. To use it again, you go into options and reset the advisor.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

I already solved my problem with the "move_character" and I already have force diplomacy mode. The solution for moving characters is to check the surnames they use lol.
    But now, I have problem moving Captain for carthage and rome

I don't think this is a cheat, but how can you add a new faction? For example if i want to make a new Thracian faction in Serdike...
    I saw this in an AAR and I think it's pretty cool

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You cannot create new factions, but you can change the color and name of existing factions midgame. That, of course, means that you will loose the faction you changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post

I already solved my problem with the "move_character" and I already have force diplomacy mode. The solution for moving characters is to check the surnames they use lol.
    But now, I have problem moving Captain for carthage and rome
    How did you do it? I can't seem to figure it out. For example: the character Pvblivs Clavdivs Marcellvs. What would you type for his name? I can't even do it for captains or admirals either.

Let's say I have Captain Manivs. I'll type create_unit "Captain Manivs" "roman missile accensi" and it says it doesn't recognize the character. The same goes for admirals or names characters. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    ... and "auto_win" to save some time on battles that you know you will win.
    Or the ones you've won already, but would have to play again due to game crashing.

Had I know how to do that in my first Sweboz game (second EB game) after finishing one of those elite stacks at 1AM...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    You cannot create new factions, but you can change the color and name of existing factions midgame. That, of course, means that you will loose the faction you changed.
    What are the commands for those? I'd like that for ArrPee reasons. I assume you can do this your own faction too... Or is that a big no-no?
    I has two balloons!

Romans have hidden internal names and the ones you see mean little as far as codes go. To start with all of their last names are "Romanvs" and there first names are simply their first name or their first name and a capital letter. So an example of what "Pvblivs Clavdivs Marcellvs" might be is something like "PvblivsD Romanvs".
    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    What are the commands for those? I'd like that for ArrPee reasons. I assume you can do this your own faction too... Or is that a big no-no?
    You cannot do that in-game with commands. You have to alter game text files to make the changes. And if you just want to change the name and color of a faction, it can be any one at any time, even your own.

You cannot do that in-game with commands. You have to alter game text files to make the changes. And if you just want to change the name and color of a faction, it can be any one at any time, even your own.
    Was afraid of that, it'd would've been nice and simple to change RGB values or summit in-game. Oh well.
    I has two balloons!

Hi, I am having problems using the move_character command. I would like to move "Hasdrubal", a Qarth family member, to 97,105 but am continuously unsuccessful. Is the following correct?

move_character "Hasdrubal" 97,105

Am I missing something? Thanks.

move_character "Hasdrubal ofcarthago" 97,105

Do a forum search for all the internal names.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

You can find the internal names very easily by opening the 'descr_names' file in the EB data folder. Then just scroll down to the faction you're looking for and there you have it.

The problem with moving Romans is that they have so few first names that the EB staff made many copies of them. So, 'Manivs Cornelivs Scipio' could have an internal name of 'ManivsA Romanvs' or 'ManivsK Romanvs' or ANY OF THE LETTERS IN BETWEEN. There's no way to figure out which copy of Manivs is used except to experiment. Save your game, then pick a nice out of the way location. Try teleporting your Roman to that spot. You probably won't get it on the first try, and you might actually teleport the WRONG Manivs before you get to the right one (hence the testing site). Eventually you should figure out which internal name the character has. Write it down and use it from then on.

Oh, and don't forget that all those fancy Roman cognomina are all given by script. Every Roman character has an internal 'last name' of 'Romanvs'.

Hope this helps...

p.s. Here's the other 'hidden' internal names I've discovered:

-Sweboz: all character have the last name 'der_deutsch'
    -Sarmatians: all character have the last name 'steppenwulf' (har har EB )
    -Saka: all character have the last name 'saka_soab'
    Last edited by Teucer; 10-07-2009 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    You can find the internal names very easily by opening the 'descr_names' file in the EB data folder. Then just scroll down to the faction you're looking for and there you have it.

The problem with moving Romans is that they have so few first names that the EB staff made many copies of them. So, 'Manivs Cornelivs Scipio' could have an internal name of 'ManivsA Romanvs' or 'ManivsK Romanvs' or ANY OF THE LETTERS IN BETWEEN. There's no way to figure out which copy of Manivs is used except to experiment. Save your game, then pick a nice out of the way location. Try teleporting your Roman to that spot. You probably won't get it on the first try, and you might actually teleport the WRONG Manivs before you get to the right one (hence the testing site). Eventually you should figure out which internal name the character has. Write it down and use it from then on.

Oh, and don't forget that all those fancy Roman cognomina are all given by script. Every Roman character has an internal 'last name' of 'Romanvs'.

Hope this helps...

p.s. Here's the other 'hidden' internal names I've discovered:

-Sweboz: all character have the last name 'der_deutsch'
    -Sarmatians: all character have the last name 'steppenwulf' (har har EB )
    -Saka: all character have the last name 'saka_soab'
    It could also be "Manivs Romanvs" without a letter.

And you can also use the search function to search for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Xxxx = first name
    Yyyy = surname

Aediu : Xxxx of_aedui(Yyyy)
    Arverni : Xxxx arvernioiYyyy The "oi" can also be "moc" or what ever words goes before the FM's surname.
    Carthage : Xxxx ofcarthago
    Pahlava : Xxxx of_parthia
    Sweboz : Xxxx der_deutsch
    Casse : Xxxx of_catuvellauni
    Hay : Xxxx ofarmenia
    Sauro : Xxxx steppenwulf
    Saka : Xxxx saka_soab

All the other names with first and last names are done in the normal fashion.

Member thankful for this post:

There are some minor mistakes in this list:

Aediu : Xxxx of_aedu (for the starting FMs) or aeduioi/aeduimoc(Yyyy)

Pahlava : Xxxx ofparthia

Casse : Xxxx ofcatuvellauni

Quote Originally Posted by burn_again View Post
    There are some minor mistakes in this list:

Aediu : Xxxx of_aedu (for the starting FMs) or aeduioi/aeduimoc(Yyyy)

Pahlava : Xxxx ofparthia

Casse : Xxxx ofcatuvellauni

Since Yyyy is the last name and since the oi or moc are part of the last name, I don't see where the problem is.

"of_aedu" - are you sure there?

Both Pahlava and Casse characters can be moved with what I posted, at least in my campaigns.

Ah- it is "ofaedu", but not "ofaedui".

I have these names from starting FMs from the desc_strat.txt, they work in my campaigns.

No problem with the moc/oi, I just wanted to be precise because only the Aedui starting FMs and their descendents are called ofaedu, while all others have a name pattern like the Arverni.
    Last edited by burn_again; 10-09-2009 at 17:45.

How do you move_character a three name Koinon FM? For simplicity's sake, say the name is Xxxx Yyyy Zzzz? I've tried many variations of the suggestions above for other factions but cannot get this one to work. Also, could someone tell me the file that contains all the starting FM's names? Thanks.

Ok, edit here: I figured out the answer to my first question: move_character "Xxxx Yyyy" 131,112
    Last edited by thrasius; 10-21-2009 at 19:45.

Names of starting FMs are in C:\...\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\desc_strat.txt

Is there a way to be able to see exact information on stuff like troops, cities, characters, etc? Toggle_fow doesnt reveal that sort of info.
    Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate

from Ibrahim, for barbaric healthcare

You have to toggle perfect spy in a script, then toggle fow will reveal almost everything.

What script do you have to change, and how? Im reading your original Antigonids thread now, and Im assuming thats what youve been using there?
    Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate

from Ibrahim, for barbaric healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by WarpGhost View Post
    What script do you have to change, and how?
    You don't have to change the script, perfect_spy is already in the generic script. You just have to press F1 in the game, click on the "?" and then activate the script through the advisor.

It used to be in the EBBS.txt too, but was removed somewhere around version 1.1 I think.

You can always just copy the line from your generic script into EBBS, so you have perfect spy all the time.

So, if I wanted to move a AS FM I would type

move_character[SPACE]"Firstname"[SPACE]"Lastname"[SPACE]x,[SPACE]y

with x,y gained from show_cursorstat.

AS last names would be found in EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_ampai gn\desc_strat.txt (do I need to find first names in their as well?)

for a Hayasdan character

move_character[SPACE]"ingamefirstname"[SPACE]"ofarmeniaingamelastname"[SPACE]x,[SPACE]y

Or is the last name/first name found in desc_strat.txt as well?

I'm at work so can't look. I plan on moving a host of characters across the map, having some Casse meet the Saba, Saka vs QartHadast etc etc while I play as Hay, FoW turned off and just watch the 'mayhem' ensue. (I need to be able to move AS captains and FM's though as they just wont leave me alone)

No space between x & y:

move_character[SPACE]"Firstname"[SPACE]"Lastname"[SPACE]x,y

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No space between x & y:

move_character[SPACE]"Firstname[SPACE]Lastname"[SPACE]x,y
    Fixed..

Hello! how are you? , i need help with the create_unit cheat, i am trying to use it but it doesnt work, maybe i am missing something
    for example i am using the Averni, and i want to create a nietos unit, so i write: create_unit "Gergovia" "gallic heavy swordsmen" 1 0 0 0, but it doesnt work, could you help me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast