Thread: Frame Hitching in campaign battles

Default Frame Hitching in campaign battles

Hello I have a fairly up to date computer XP, 2 gigs of Ram, Quad core cpu, and a gtx 280. Overall performance is great but when playing battles in the campaign while frames are normally high every once in a while particularly when scrolling around the battlemap or zooming and seeing the sling stones from from accensi there is a slight hiccup or mini freeze that lasts a fraction of a second. It occurs regardless of graphic setting. It doesn't seem to happen in the custom battles which I used to test out how powerful the archer units were.

It is not super critical but is annoying since the game runs perfect the majority of the time. Is this normal? Is it a byproduct of the heavy scripting in the campaign? Does it have something specific to do with slingers (since this is where is seems to happen most often when draws the slingstones)? Is the new card and drivers not optimal for the Rome total war engine anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Frame Hitching in campaign battles

Campaign script doesn't have any effect on the battles.

My guess would be that indeed your drivers are toe advanced for RTW.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

I had this problem until I upgraded my CPU drivers. Perhaps this will help you too.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

CPU drivers meaning chipset drivers correct? I'm using the latest ones which are 15.23 nforce for my motherboard. What's up with the Total War engines falling out as time passes? I know MTW 1 is impossible to run on a modern computer?

So there isn't any other possibility?

No, I was talking about the AMD drivers for the CPU.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I have an intel core 2 Quad though. I wasn't aware there are drivers for a CPU. Only chipset and bios both of which are up to date on my machine. The only available software for intel are generic test utilities none of which tell the part how to behave.

What does the AMD driver look like? A link to where it is? Is there anything for Intel?

You do not install an AMD driver when your CPU is an Intel. However, googling for amd cpu driver gets you relevant results. Not so much with intel cpu driver.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-02-2009 at 07:15.

================
    ================