Thread: koinon hellenon phalangites

Default koinon hellenon phalangites

hello guys, im sorry but i would like to know if the koinon hellenon phallangites are still available, haha im running some campaigns right now and in my current kh campaign i dont seem to find where to recruit those guys, sorry for this thanks for your time!!.

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both." Erwin Rommel
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."Erwin Rommel
    "So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: koinon hellenon phalangites

You only get hoplites as KH (Maybe you could build some local barracks in Pella). Or hire mercs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

There's a trigger for KH Phalangites. It's like a reform.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

oh thank you for the info, i checked the faq but there it is no trigger can you tell me what needs to be done in order to trigger those guys?

"So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

March of Time. Romani must build a huge city in Italy besides Rome (hard coded reform).

Quote Originally Posted by SwebozGaztiz View Post
    oh thank you for the info, i checked the faq but there it is no trigger can you tell me what needs to be done in order to trigger those guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Other Reforms:
    All other factional reform units are tied to the "March or Time" event (Vanilla Marian Reform) which requires the Romans to build a huge city in central Italy to trigger. This is just an arbitrary time delay.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Sharp/Charismatic/Languorous Member Novellus's Avatar

It takes a while before the reforms happen, but when they do, they'll make the battlefield pretty interesting. I didn't get any notification that he reforms took place. One turn, I just looked at my recruitment and noticed a brand new unit, just waiting to be recruited. On to Asia Minor!
    My Balloon! -Strategos Alexandros- "What to do with the Epeirotes?"

Why did the Romans fall?

Because everyone got sick of the Lorica Segmentata!

Ohh ok so this means i have to leave the romani alive?right now in my current Koinon Hellenon campaign those pesky romans started a war against me it was fun at the same the Karthadastim also attacked me on Sicily, but if i wipe out the romans from Italia there it is a chance this reforms won't happen??

Quote Originally Posted by SwebozGaztiz View Post
    Ohh ok so this means i have to leave the romani alive?right now in my current Koinon Hellenon campaign those pesky romans started a war against me it was fun at the same the Karthadastim also attacked me on Sicily, but if i wipe out the romans from Italia there it is a chance this reforms won't happen??
    If you even push the romans too hard they might take a lot longer to get a huge city beside Rome in Italy. The AI only upgrades cities after it runs out of other construction options in that city. (I think some buildings are an exception from this rule; never saw an AI city with extensive trading port upgrades yet). If it is constantly recruiting units and mercenaries it may during some rounds not have the cash left to keep building in all cities. This will slow down the development of the italian cities. If you want to get by those reforms really fast, try typing >>process_cq "Capua"<< into the console once every round and see to it that you don't have any direct border contact with SPQR.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Mmm dammit, i tried to avoid any wars with the romans, but they started, they wanted a ceasefire and one turn afterwards they blockaded one of my ports, so that means if i completely take the romans out of italy, i wont be able to get those phalangites??

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Nope. One way to 'fix' this problem of yours, would be to go to the EDB text file and look for the phalangites, then delete the line where it says: and marian_reforms. This way, you can get your units without having to wait till the MoT hits

Maion
    ~Maion

Default AW: koinon hellenon phalangites

In my Makedonian Campaign a pushed the Romani out of Italy and upgraded their cities to Huge (greek culture) then i used Force Diplomacy and gave them one of the huge cities (it was Arretium). Next round i could recruit my Hysteroi Pezhetairoi which are also triggered by the March of Time.

I always thought that the Romani need to upgrade the city to Huge, but i worked this way to.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Da's white wabbit.
    Maybe you want them to build a huge city north of rome though (I resent having huge cities of foreign cultures in my victory condition area because of culture penalties and Capua is one of the places you have to own eventually as KH IIRC). Was that one called "Arpi"? But even so, you'd have to do some "cheats"
    (console, then type >>add_population "Capua" -2000<< without the ">>" and "<<")
    as Capua has more starting population than the city of the province "Etruria" and the script always gives the AI any population used up in unit recruitment back every turn.
    Try to keep a "buffer state" between yourself and rome, maybe by taking their border cities and letting them rebel. Note: The builder faction of the government building determines where the city will rebel to so you may have to move some population there and build a higher level of governor's palace before you can make them declare unilateral independence.

*EDIT*
    Wow, I was still writing during the last two posts, so no need for my cumbersome method...
    Thanks Zett!!
    Last edited by Nachtmeister; 02-05-2009 at 16:45.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Sir Zett, you are most cunning I'll try this myself as well. If this works, we Rômaioi-haters will finally be able to crush the Barbaroi without having to wait for the MoT.

Maion
    ~Maion

oh those ideas help me a lot(once i get my computer running again tho) thanks to you i'll finaly be able to use non mercenary phalanxes :D

when however would be an appropriate moment to activate them?(both the KH phalangites and the Mak reformed ones)
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

I would say: be at least somewhere between 240 and 200 BC (depending on whether you play fast or slow) and lost a fight as the KH to a phalanx army.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 02-05-2009 at 18:52.

Well officially the romans already lost most of their Italia holdings to my armies, since i didnt wanted to have any civil revolts or anything like that i enslaved most of their towns, so anyways if i modify the edb text file would that be save game compatible or i will have to start my campaign??right now im really enjoying my kh campaign, and i really didnt wanted to have a war against the Romans but well you guys know that an alliance for the AI is not that important so, ill try to modify that text file after my shift is over and im at my place and ill let you guys know if that worked, but i want to thank everyone for their creative responses!!

Default AW: koinon hellenon phalangites

To make the Koinon Hellenon Phalangitai recruitable go to the "export_descr_buildings" file in your EB/data and search for "hellenistic infantry koinon phalangitai", then delete the "and marian_reforms" at the end of the line. You have to delete it for every "hellenistic infantry koinon phalangitai" entry. That makes at all 26 "and marian_reforms" you have to delete.

!BUT FIRST! make a BackUp of the file

IIRC its savegame compatible.
    Last edited by Zett; 02-05-2009 at 22:53.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Changing edb is save game compatible too. Adding the italy resource to any settlement in Romani hands and letting it turn huge should work.
    I did the same in my current campaign (see the last few posts in the city mod thread).
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 02-05-2009 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    If this works, we Rômaioi-haters will finally be able to crush the Barbaroi without having to wait for the MoT.
    Pluss those who always intend to crush any faction under the yelow earth because they dared to attack him. (twice even if he revives them in the meantime but I once did it thre times in a row - no idea which faction that was)

Really it would be great if that worked
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Hey guys thanks for your advicei will try this after my shift, hahaha its really nice to kick some romaioi ass using hoplitai haploi but haha you take many losses specially when fighting those italic allied heavies they seem indestructible anyways thanks for your advice!!