Thread: Bees

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Bees

I saw a Bee kill a little garden bug once. It was eating my lettecue, then the Bee swoop down and started to attack the bug, then it killed it.

It was funny .

Who here hate Bees though? They scare me, I can't be more then a few feet from them or I freak out.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: Bees

As I said in another thread, bees are cool, 'cause they're the reason flamethrowers are legal in 40 states.
    Last edited by Lemur; 02-04-2009 at 23:33.

You wouldn't happen to know of a site called Cracked, would you, Lemur?

Thanks, desert. Sometimes control-C doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Blog Entries

You sent us a link very much to the drug Salvia, are you trying to get us all high Lemur?

On a strangely normal note i too hate bees, though not as much as people who are allergic to them i'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    You sent us a link very much to the drug Salvia, are you trying to get us all high Lemur?
    Note that the article I linked talks about unlikely things that are legal in the U.S.A. (such as flamethrowers). I doubt any of it applies to the United Kingdom, where over-sharp scissors and mean looks are outlawed under anti-social rules. I hear that hip-checking your buddy into a hedge can result in a life sentence over there.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want to be stung...and I havent been for...around 7-8 years. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Note that the article I linked talks about unlikely things that are legal in the U.S.A. (such as flamethrowers). I doubt any of it applies to the United Kingdom, where over-sharp scissors and mean looks are outlawed under anti-social rules. I hear that hip-checking your buddy into a hedge can result in a life sentence over there.
    Do the voices tell you this? I've never heard such rubbish!

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Mantrapping
    David's Tool Kit: A Citizen's Guide to Taking Out Big Brother's Heavy Weapons
    Long Term Survival in the Coming Dark Age - Preparing to Live after Society Crumbles
    Modern Weapons Caching: A Down-To-Earth Approach To Beating The Government Gun Grab

Oh dear gods, is this true?!?!?

I like bees...they make honey ! Plus: no bees, no plants, no mankind!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Killerbees and some hornets are a different story, but when you ignore bees and the like they will ignore you. Last time a wasp stung me was 20 years ago when I tried to launch it with the nail of my indexfinger when it crawled my left arm: boy do they have reflexes.

Now they can crawl whereever they want. It will probably be scary when you are allergic for their poison, but it's still a better tactic than to panic when one comes near.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know I did that once with a bee Tosa, but sadly, it stung me a second before I wack him off.

I live in suburbia near Chicago and we have two beehives in our back yard. We've had them long enough so that we can harvest the honey and sell it/use it. It's pretty cool. I'm super comfortable around honeybees now. The only time I was close to getting stung was after I helped extract the honey from the honeycomb. You can mow the lawn an inch away from the entrance of their hive and they won't bother you.

Bumblebees give me the ***** though, been stung a ridiculous amount of times by those lil' *******

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Bumblebees give me the ***** though, been stung a ridiculous amount of times by those lil' *******
    Are you serious? Here in Bavaria they don´t bother at all. Just your regular juggernauts not caring too much about humans. Hornets and wasps are a different story ...
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

We had some super-aggressive bees set up by our garden last year. They built their nest in a railroad tie that was being used as a wall for the tomato bed. I didn't even know they were there until I mowed too close and they went ballistic. Got a really fantastic sting right on my temple—hurt so bad I wasn't sure it was even a bee. I'd never had a sting hurt like that in my life.

Unfortunately I didn't know about legal flamethrowers last summer, so poison did the trick.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    We had some super-aggressive bees set up by our garden last year. They built their nest in a railroad tie that was being used as a wall for the tomato bed. I didn't even know they were there until I mowed too close and they went ballistic. Got a really fantastic sting right on my temple—hurt so bad I wasn't sure it was even a bee. I'd never had a sting hurt like that in my life.

Unfortunately I didn't know about legal flamethrowers last summer, so poison did the trick.
    I had a similar problem once. Unfortunately the "Painted Turtle Farm" staff (sustainable garden run by students here at Gettysburg) forgot that there was a yellowjacket nest in one of their beds and asked me to turn it over. I got stung between four to five times, once on my right hand. That bugger really swelled up for several days.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Bees are cool. I've been stung quite a few times in the past, so I don't really fear them now. Actually, at one point 2 months before, one of those little guys flew inside my room and sat on my jeans. I grabbed a handkerchief, made it climb on it and gave it a drop of honey. The little bugger was licking it like crazy After a while, it flew away from the same window.

Maion
    ~Maion

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

BEES DIE ALL EXTERMINATE THEM DONT CARE ABOUT HONEY, THEY ARE EVIL AND DESERVE TO DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS! DO IT NOW!

*ahem* I am Apiphobic and a staunch defender of the extinction of bees, wasps and anything remotely related to those things. Though I have never been stung, thank all the gods of the Olympus for that.

If all bees were joined together in a remote place, and a nuke was to be sent to exterminate them, I would volunteer to push the button. :D
    Last edited by Jolt; 02-06-2009 at 18:29.
    BLARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by ||GoTW||Warman8||Sldr||-III-|| View Post
    I saw a Bee kill a little garden bug once. It was eating my lettecue, then the Bee swoop down and started to attack the bug, then it killed it.
    From what you are saying I would say that was a wasp. Bees don't attack other insects unless they are attacked first. The wasp probably paralysed the insect and then took it back to the nest as live food for the larvae.

Quote Originally Posted by Subedei View Post
    Are you serious? Here in Bavaria they don´t bother at all. Just your regular juggernauts not caring too much about humans. Hornets and wasps are a different story ...
    Heh, truthfully...I work in forest preserves over the summer and when clearing out invasive species I have this terrible habit of unearthing bumblebee hives. It's frustrating. :(