Thread: Little Preview

Default Little Preview

Something I found don't know if its been posted before or if its old if it is I apologize.

http://www.truegameheadz.com/bloghea...preview-video/

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

Default Re: Little Preview

Thats the first time I've seen that video.

Good find!
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Thanks for posting this link. The vid looks quite interesting...hmmm
    Of course it would be much more interesting if we had a ...

DEMO!!!!!
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

whe are not supose to spam that word any more the mods got fed up (just so you know)

(hmm how to edit my post i do not know)

but i was going to ad that unfortunately i can not see that page from work will have to see it when i get home

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merak View Post
    (hmm how to edit my post i do not know)

but i was going to ad that unfortunately i can not see that page from work will have to see it when i get home
    The ability to edit posts is disabled until you are promoted to full member status (you are currently a junior member). Just keep posting well and regularly and a mod will promote you reasonably quickly.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Merak View Post
    whe are not supose to spam that word any more the mods got fed up (just so you know)
    Ermmm thanks for telling me :)
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

no problem my pleasure :)

Good share! Although it makes my desire to play the game even bigger. February is going to be a long month this year...

( Just noticed I was logged in - I'v been reading the boards again for a few weeks looking for ETW news - STW/MTW/RTW/MTWII veteran here )

Wow, not much that we didn't already know, but sweet just to see some more gameplay footage, great find man!
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kulgan View Post
    Good share! Although it makes my desire to play the game even bigger. February is going to be a long month this year...

( Just noticed I was logged in - I'v been reading the boards again for a few weeks looking for ETW news - STW/MTW/RTW/MTWII veteran here )

Obviously a man of few words too. 55 posts in 5 years? I hope ETW gives you more to write about!

and this February will be the longest in history...at least it feels that way.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

'play the three episodes which unlocks them into the Grand Campaign'

So the US is playable once you have done the 'RtI' (I feel smug as one of the thousands that predicted this) and won't be one of the original 12 factions. Maybe they start with just one territory, literally right after revolting.

Default Sv: Re: Little Preview

Quote Originally Posted by pdoyle007 View Post
    Maybe they start with just one territory, literally right after revolting.
    Hmm.... unless I'm wrong, that would be in 1776, right? Which would give only 48 rounds left to play in the grand campaign (2 Tpy, 24 years to 1800).

Perhaps the US gets some sort of advantage in prestige points when entering the competition with the other factions.

Off Topic: That CA rep, Kieran, doesn't it feel like he could pick up any girl in a bar if he talked to her just like he talks about ETW? Seriously, that's one smooth talkin' player right there

Default Re: Sv: Re: Little Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Hmm.... unless I'm wrong, that would be in 1776, right? Which would give only 48 rounds left to play in the grand campaign (2 Tpy, 24 years to 1800).

Perhaps the US gets some sort of advantage in prestige points when entering the competition with the other factions.

Off Topic: That CA rep, Kieran, doesn't it feel like he could pick up any girl in a bar if he talked to her just like he talks about ETW? Seriously, that's one smooth talkin' player right there
    48 turns would be far too short for a proper campaign. It probably works differently (we can only wait and see). Abd I bet the solution is really simple when we actually play the game.

He could certainly pick up any Total War fan in a bar if he promised to let them play ETW. It would work on me.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm not even joking.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Little Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    48 turns would be far too short for a proper campaign. It probably works differently (we can only wait and see). Abd I bet the solution is really simple when we actually play the game.
    Yep, probably.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about the prospect of playing an emergent nation, an underdog. Because that's how I always play the previous games. Always starting with the one and two province factions such as Scotland, Sweden (), Armenia and Bohemia - always surrounded and quite often, pounded.

I might be the only TW player in the universe to have never played as the Byzantines...

*Gasps *Whispers *

They just have too much land! And in Empire, factions such as the Ottomans and Russians are of little interest to me for the same reasons. The United States have the sort of fresh, "smash the old establishment" feel to them, and I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    He could certainly pick up any Total War fan in a bar if he promised to let them play ETW. It would work on me.

I'm not even joking.
    Absolutely... although I would be too busy playing Empire to actually......eh....I mean...forget it.

Heres another little preview. Not that good but eh its something.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=207715

That is a good preview, as is the other one. Pretty much anything new at this point is welcome while we wait on CA to release some kind of advertising demonstration to assist us in fully comprehending the intracies of this vast game.

Yes you can't spam demo at end of your posts, but you can mention demo still, just has to be in context and with in the thread. Rather then the old at end of post demo post.

but you could always put something in your signature
    Last edited by Polemists; 02-08-2009 at 12:31.

Check out the minimap in this screenshot! It shows the exact location of the 4 trade theatres and the three campaign theatres and how they are linked.
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 02-08-2009 at 12:36.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Those are good :) (Thanks Sir Beane)

It looks like a area of south america is in as one of the hope points, which is good for people who thought that whole region was not included.

It's true they are just little costal areas but at least they are conquerable.

I would love to conquer one and then try to toll all the other powers who try to cross my land.

Military access just got alot more expensive

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sv: Re: Little Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post

I think that this just unlocks the other maps and those trade theaters.

Here's another video that's in German but goes over just about everything. (You can see the subtitles if you move your cursor on the box)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fL...eature=related

Note that is a Beta version. Also Note the boats can turn without moving...

Quote Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
    Here's another video that's in German but goes over just about everything. (You can see the subtitles if you move your cursor on the box)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fL...eature=related

Note that is a Beta version. Also Note the boats can turn without moving...
    Nice find Discoman .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Yes with game play footage! Some interesting information on building and ministers.

The Rake killed a Gentleman…

The announcer was being funny…all in all better than what we have had in English.

Also one more video from there…have we seen it?

Sharks & Pirates… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3t_pil54zU&NR=1

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Yes with game play footage! Some interesting information on building and ministers.

The Rake killed a Gentleman…

The announcer was being funny…all in all better than what we have had in English.

Also one more video from there…have we seen it?

Sharks & Pirates… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3t_pil54zU&NR=1
    How come I have managed to miss all of these great videos? Well I say great, they're prety mediocre really, mostly talking about things we already know. Still anything is better than nothing.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

This is the problem, even though any videos are nice, the fact is you are seeing a beta...or early alpha at best.

We all want to see the complete game...perhaps in a DEMOnstratative type represtation.