Thread: Units?

Default Units?

Maybe there is some kind of help section but.. i've installed EB 1.1 and when i play as Romani there are ALOT of different troops NONE roman... Do i need to update?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Units?

You played singleplayer custom battle I assume?

You should play multiplayer custom battle if you want Romans to have Roman troops.

You assumed right ;) Why can't i have roman troops when playing custom sp battles? I sure hope that playing campaign i can have roman troops as roman.

I'm sorry for posting this topic here, i was in a rush and now i saw that there was a technical thread-thingy

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Firstly, did you install the trivial script when installing EB?
    If so, then to play custom battles use the multiplayer shortcut and to play the campaign use the singleplayer shortcut. Using the multiplayer shortcut does not mean you are playing multiplayer, use it and then click custom battle on the main menu to fight a singleplayer custom battle. Confusing, I know.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Legatus Member Tiberius Claudius Marcellus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jooohn View Post
    I sure hope that playing campaign i can have roman troops as roman.
    Actually, the developers believed that the Roman units were completely unrealistic and removed them from the game. You have to fight with Eleutheroi, Safot Softim bi Qart-Hadast, and Saka Rauka units instead.

It was a big disappointment for me at first; but you get used to the Hanging Gardens replacing the Forum, and other "oddities" when you play the Romans. It spices it up a bit.

Enjoy the game!
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:
    Casse, Epirote, Getai, Romani
    "it is in his character traits and that's how Tiberius chooses to rp him. In all honesty i think this would be boring without such ridiculous characters..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunus Tiberius Claudius Marcellus View Post
    Actually, the developers believed that the Roman units were completely unrealistic and removed them from the game. You have to fight with Eleutheroi, Safot Softim bi Qart-Hadast, and Saka Rauka units instead.

It was a big disappointment for me at first; but you get used to the Hanging Gardens replacing the Forum, and other "oddities" when you play the Romans. It spices it up a bit.

Enjoy the game!
    I do not think that was necessary mate.
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    I do not think that was necessary mate.
    Neither was the OT's question necessary...

It's all in the FAQ

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Neither was the OT's question necessary...

It's all in the FAQ
    A lot of people don't read the FAQ. Thats not good, but it doesn't excuse sarcasm when someone is legitimately asking for help and not trolling....

Quote Originally Posted by Cbvani View Post
    A lot of people don't read the FAQ. Thats not good, but it doesn't excuse sarcasm when someone is legitimately asking for help and not trolling....
    Just pointing out he should read the FAQ.

I concur with Havok on what he said.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

To my defense, this site is quite confusing. :)

Enjoy the game!
    I really don't understand what youre saying there....

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Basically, he's taking the p*ss out of the noob. I thought it was funny .

And joohn, this isnt a site...it's a forum, theres nothing confusing about it. This is what forums are like.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Enjoy the game!

BWWWWAAAAAAAA---HAAAAAAAA---HAAAAAAAA---HAAAAAAARRRRHHHH!!!

Good one, Tiberiulus Claudiulus Marcellulus, mentula magna.

Still, there is a first time on forums and even the internet for everyone; jooohn did not use the word "sorry" in his last post, but he did apologise for posting off-topic in his second post. So - Tiberius gave us a good laugh, quite an original one actually - why not leave it at that and teach our newcomer how to find his way about this forum (and others) in a constructive, non-resentful way.

Jooohn, if you have any questions about this forum, feel free to either use the "hail new members" thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=2129668) - or you can even send me a PM (personal message) but I would recommend using the thread because people there are usually very friendly and non-sarcastic and there are many people on this forum who know it's ways better than I do.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Enjoy the game!
    U r my new bestest friend

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Legatus Member Tiberius Claudius Marcellus's Avatar

For all those who enjoyed my little joke, thank you!

For all those who thought I should go jump in a lake - the same to you!

And jooohn, I hope you weren't bothered by my joke, though, I don't believe you actually understood it.
    To clarify: Yes, you get to use Roman units when playing the Romans.
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:
    Casse, Epirote, Getai, Romani
    "it is in his character traits and that's how Tiberius chooses to rp him. In all honesty i think this would be boring without such ridiculous characters..."