Thread: Client ruler nationality

Default Client ruler nationality

I probably didn't pay attention to that before, but in my Romani campaign when I've created Type IV government in Emporion and recruited a client ruler (Hellenistic general) turned out that the guy has a Roman name and "Gens xxxxx" as a trait. So, the guy is Roman. I think that the ruler should be of the nationality of the unit you recruit. Because the whole idea behind the client ruler is to allow a lot of local authonomy where the ruler is someone from the local nobility.

For example if you recruit Hellenistic Mercenary General, he should be hellenistic; if it's Celetic Lesser King, he should be Celtic. His nationality trait should be determined by the region he's recruited in. If it's Emporion and he's Celtic, he should have some Iberian nationality. If he's Hellenistic, he should have either Greek or Celto-greek nationality and so on.

Is it possible to do and if yes, then how?

Default Re: Client ruler nationality

Yes, it's possible to do, we did so in previous versions of EB, using the script to spawn the client rulers. The new client ruler implementation without the script is conceptually worse but won't crash your game.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ok. Problem solved then, thanks

I think that client rulers and recruited generals should get a trait "hails from City_Name" or something like that.
    That way it doesn't really matter that they've got the same name as your FM's, they've just adopted such a name.

I suppose such a system is not too hard to implement, but I'm afraid I got no experience or courage to mod the EB EDCT and the like...

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ulpius View Post
    I probably didn't pay attention to that before, but in my Romani campaign when I've created Type IV government in Emporion and recruited a client ruler (Hellenistic general) turned out that the guy has a Roman name and "Gens xxxxx" as a trait. So, the guy is Roman. I think that the ruler should be of the nationality of the unit you recruit. Because the whole idea behind the client ruler is to allow a lot of local authonomy where the ruler is someone from the local nobility.

For example if you recruit Hellenistic Mercenary General, he should be hellenistic; if it's Celetic Lesser King, he should be Celtic. His nationality trait should be determined by the region he's recruited in. If it's Emporion and he's Celtic, he should have some Iberian nationality. If he's Hellenistic, he should have either Greek or Celto-greek nationality and so on.

Is it possible to do and if yes, then how?
    I roleplay this thing like this: Client Ruler gets the throne. He takes Roman name to please his Roman overlords. And they are sponsored by Gens XXX. I usually also give them some local name like - Publius is Ptolemaios in Egypt and so on.