Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Offices Mod

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default Extended Offices Mod

Extended Offices Mod: Current Versions:
    -EOM 3
    -EOM 2.1b V.T. Marvin's Adaptation

After bug report I have changed some files so if you have problems please use the link below to update my mod.

To Download Latest FIXED Version:

Click Here

-EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition + Latest Additions
    Last Updated: 24.08.2010

after the hours of planning and coding etc.
    I finally shaped my next version.

I decreased the legion numbers to 35.
    The Legates were triggered to get in a a certain city.
    to trigger offices you have to conquer 50 settlements.
    all of the legion descriptions were rewritten.
    Although I could not adapt, namely I could not open cas files but thanks to fraps I added RS legion images for my ancillary.
    I am currently testing my last version, codes are OK, but to test Romani I have to cheat and get 50 cities at once :-)

Version 2.1b is the adaptation of V.T. Marvin who used 25 legions with the system of 1 legion for 3 provinces. Also he made some changes with affect. If you need other info you can PM him or ask him here.

This mode is an improvement of my first mod "Parthian Satrapies" which added offices for Pahlava.
    Under the current support of the members; I improved my mod so as to add more offices for each Faction.

Excluded factions:

Kart-Hadast: not enough info and support to add this faction at the moment.

Barbarian Factions: not enough info and support to add these factions at the moment.

Known Limitations :

Because of previous tests showed some funny errors with previous saved games: Sorry guys, not save game compatible

This screen is taken from one campaign that I did not restart a new one after I changed the files.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you see titles are given to other factions, so if it does not matter you, you can continue your save games, if not start a new campaign.

-I have adapted my mod for city mod as well, I reduced the proconsular palace trigger with governors palace trigger, namely if you build cities it will be enough to get the offices.

- I will use original title if I can find, if not I will use English title, so wish me good luck to find a linguist other than me.

Information of Current Version 4.0:

I have added 6 governors for Carthage and fixed some bugs in my V : 3 and I changed my code to get my ancillaries easier. Also I have prepared this version as installation exe so you just click next and authomatically installs my mod.

Achaemenid Satrapies Edition just allows Pahlava to get Historical Achaemenid Satrapies that is stated in the Behistun Inscription and except Pahlava it has no other change on EOM V3.

Here is the satrapies that is stated in the Behistun Inscription:

Note: In wiki there are 22 of them one is missing I added Skudra (Thrace) and changed the satrapy of Yauna into Satrapy of Karia (That would be more logical)

* I am Darius [Dâryavuš], the great king, king of kings, the king of Persia [Pârsa], the king of countries, the son of Hystaspes, the grandson of Arsames, the Achaemenid.

* (2) King Darius says: My father is Hystaspes [Vištâspa]; the father of Hystaspes was Arsames [Aršâma]; the father of Arsames was Ariaramnes [Ariyâramna]; the father of Ariaramnes was Teispes [Cišpiš]; the father of Teispes was Achaemenes [Haxâmaniš].

* (3) King Darius says: That is why we are called Achaemenids; from antiquity we have been noble; from antiquity has our dynasty been royal.

* (4) King Darius says: Eight of my dynasty were kings before me; I am the ninth. Nine in succession we have been kings.

* (5) King Darius says: By the grace of Ahuramazda am I king; Ahuramazda has granted me the kingdom.

* (6) King Darius says: These are the countries which are subject unto me, and by the grace of Ahuramazda I became king of them: Persia [Pârsa], Elam [Ûvja], Babylonia [Bâbiruš], Assyria [Ahurâ], Arabia [Arabâya], Egypt [Mudrâya], the countries by the Sea, Lydia [Sparda], the Greeks [Yauna], Media [Mâda], Armenia [Armina], Cappadocia [Katpatuka], Parthia [Parthava], Drangiana [Zraka], Aria [Haraiva], Chorasmia [Uvârazmîy], Bactria [Bâxtriš], Sogdia [Suguda], Gandara [Gadâra], Scythia [Saka], Sattagydia [Thataguš], Arachosia [Harauvatiš] and Maka [Maka]; twenty-three lands in all.

* (7) King Darius says: These are the countries which are subject to me; by the grace of Ahuramazda they became subject to me; they brought tribute unto me. Whatsoever commands have been laid on them by me, by night or by day, have been performed by them.

* (8) King Darius says: Within these lands, whosoever was a friend, him have I surely protected; whosoever was hostile, him have I utterly destroyed. By the grace of Ahuramazda these lands have conformed to my decrees; as it was commanded unto them by me, so was it done.

* (9) King Darius says: Ahuramazda has granted unto me this empire. Ahuramazda brought me help, until I gained this empire; by the grace of Ahuramazda do I hold this empire.

The Factions that I added offices:

Pahlava: 22 local governors - satrapies + 4 Crown Offices: Eran Spahbeh(Commander-in-Chief), Êwênbed (the magus & judge of the empire), Hamârakara (Minister of Finance), Hazârbed (King's Bodyguard).

For Screenshots:

Romani: 16 local governors same as vanilla EB 1.2 + 35 Legatus Legionis Officer (Legion Commander) for 35 Legions added. And thanks to Dev Team I adapted this office with Marian Reforms.

List of the legions I used:
    Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix
    Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix
    Legio XXII Primigenia
    Legio I Minverva Pia Fidelis
    Legio IV Flavia Felix
    Legio XXI Rapax (Predator)
    Legio XIII Gemina
    Legio VII Claudia Pia Fidelis
    Legio XV Appolinaris
    Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis Constans Hispaniensis Britannica
    Legio III Italica
    Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis
    Legio XVI Flavia Firma
    Legio III Gallica
    Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix
    Legio VII Gemina Felix
    Legio VII Gemina Felix
    Legio XXII Deiotariana
    Legio V Macedonica

Legio V Alaudae
    Legio XV Primigenia
    Legio XX Valeria Victrix
    Legio I Adiutrix
    Legio III Gallica
    Legio XII Fulminata
    Legio XV Primigenia
    Legio X Fretensis
    Legio II Traiana Fortis
    Legio III Cyrenaica
    Legio IV Flavia Felix
    Legio I Italica
    Legio VIII Augusta
    Legio IV Scythica
    Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix
    Legio I Germanica

In descriptions there may be some small differences.

Arche Seleukeia: 11 local governors - satrapies same as vanilla EB 1.2 + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

Makedonia: 4 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

For Screenshots:

Ptelemaioi: 4 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

Pontos: 10 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

Baktria: 4 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

Epiros: 4 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

Koinon Hellenion: 4 local governors + 2 Crown Offices: Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief), Dioiketes (Minister of Finance).

For Screenshots:

Finally I have decided to add Hayasdan with Old Persian Titles.

Armenia: 4 local governors/Satraps

Compatiblity with other mods:

In theory my mod is compatible with all mods that did not change ancillary files. As far as I know no one tried to mod ancillaries before with EB

Here is the list of the tested mods by me or confirmed mods by the mod developers that I used them with my mod.

City Mod: Previously this mod unabled my triggers to get my ancillaries after I changed my codes to trigger with only cities not the large cities the problem was solved.
    If you have my first mod (Parthian Satrapies that I developed this mod on it) please change it with this one because Parthian Satrapies mod still needs large city goverment building to get ancillaries.

Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum): Konny said he only modded traits so there is no compatibility problem between my mod and his mod.

Minimod pack of LZ3: I am using my mod on his mod and all the mods that he used in his pack is compatible with me I installed my mod on his pack. In phases, I installed RTW - BI - Alex - EB - Official Fixes of EB - LZ3's Minimod Pack for alex.exe - His adapted campaign script - and finally my mod

but you can install my mod on others also other mod on mine. Until another modder will try to mod ancillaries there will be no differences. like 2+2=4 4= 2+2

As I like alex for AI I am testing my mod on it. But with any exe you can play my mod. Because all of the game engines (exes) uses ancillaries

To Download Previous versions:

For my last version : Extended Offices Mod V. 3

http://files.filefront.com/13783820

"Readme maybe outdated"

For the adaptation of V.T. Marvin : Extended Offices Mod V.2.1b

http://files.filefront.com/13783824

For EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition:

http://www.filefront.com/14296447/EO...s-Edition.exe/

Instructions:

-download and unrar it has no password

-back up your own files.

-copy export_descr_ancillaries file into Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data folder say yes to overwrite.

-copy export_ancillaries file Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text folder say yes to overwrite.

-copy the the ancillaries folder into Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\UI\ folder; I have included all the images now so you can either copy all the images or just in short the folder itself

Feedbacks

Please send your feedbacks if you like my mod. I will be appreciated if you will add screenshoots of your game play.

For barbarian, in fact whatever they are I will add tribal system, I need to read more to get info on what kind of govermnent system they use, any link reference will be appriciated.

Dedication and Thank you:

Dedicated to all EB fans and dev team.

Thanks

- The EB team who made this mod and helped me with technical info I really need.

- LZ3, for allowing to add my mod in his next release.

- The RS Team for allowing me to use their images for my ancillaries.

- V.T. Marvin and Darth Stalin for their help and their adaptations.

and all members who tried my mod and sent their feedback to me, which I need a lot.

Atra

P.S. For screenshots you can click my previous mod that I have built this mod upon in my signature.
    Also if anyone can send me tga files for the offices will be appriciated, my photoshopping is horrible :-)
    If you want me to add more offices please send me the original name of the offices and reference info cos searching, bug hunting, game testing takes my 90% of my time the rest is just coding
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-15-2010 at 15:50. Reason: Update

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Default Re: Extended Offices Mod

This will be awesome.
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

As I got accustomed to coding ancillaries, coding is easy for me but the time consuming thing is testing can you imagine how long I have to wait marian reforms to check wether my triggers works ok with it or not ....

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    As I got accustomed to coding ancillaries, coding is easy for me but the time consuming thing is testing can you imagine how long I have to wait marian reforms to check wether my triggers works ok with it or not ....
    LMAO!
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Dear Atraphoenix, I have just come accross this site, which you may find useful for your offices mod: here.

It concerns various Achaemenid and Pahlavan offices. Usable ancillaries-titles might be f.e.:
    ÊWÊNBED - "The magus & judge of the empire" - might be given to the governor of the Capital in King´s absence (boost to public order and influence)
    HAMÂRAKARA -"Accountant/Bookkeeper/Minister of Finance" - might be given to the governor of the Capital in King´s absence (boost to tax income and influence)

Possible near equivalent of these to be given to hellenistic factios might be DIOIKETES.

It would be nice to give those ancillaries - of course ony if "FactionwideAncillaryExists" <1 - to faction leader (highly centralized administration) at the beginning and let the player decide, whether he/she would want to confer these titles to other generals as a reward and/or to allow the King to focus his attention on other things (commanding the army, for instance).

I am not sure whether you can check for ancillaries in the EBBS, but if yes, it might be nice to intoduce a script, giving the faction, say, 500 mnai if the HAMÂRAKARA/DIOIKETES is both unselfish and loyal, whereby if he is selfish and disloyal those money would be taken away (as he is keeping the amenities of his position for himself - that would force the player to choose his top officers carefully)

V.T. Marvin wrote:
    Dear Atraphoenix, I have just come accross this site, which you may find useful for your offices mod: here.
    Thanks really helpful

It would be nice to give those ancillaries - of course ony if "FactionwideAncillaryExists" <1 - to faction leader (highly centralized administration) at the beginning and let the player decide, whether he/she would want to confer these titles to other generals as a reward and/or to allow the King to focus his attention on other things (commanding the army, for instance).
    It is possible to code according to it, at the moment Pahlavan faction Leader and heir can be satrap in the 8 lesser kingdom, but because of province limit hardcoded by CA I included half.
    the other title for example Eran Spahbod, (chief commander) can be obtain by any general not heir or leader but to change it is very easy. I exclude many offices for faction leader and heir because of the fact that Parthian empire was a decentralized kingdom but we do not have to make the same mistakes as they did, do we?

I am not sure whether you can check for ancillaries in the EBBS, but if yes, it might be nice to intoduce a script, giving the faction, say, 500 mnai if the HAMÂRAKARA/DIOIKETES is both unselfish and loyal, whereby if he is selfish and disloyal those money would be taken away (as he is keeping the amenities of his position for himself - that would force the player to choose his top officers carefully)
    I tried code EBBS but it was beyond my capacity, namely scripting. I am an alone volunteer trait and ancillary modder, also as many traits causes CTD, I decided to mod ancillaries.
    maybe if I can find anyone to improve my mod with scripting, will be good, but not at the moment sorry

My Submods for EB

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    I tried code EBBS but it was beyond my capacity, namely scripting. I am an alone volunteer trait and ancillary modder, also as many traits causes CTD, I decided to mod ancillaries.
    maybe if I can find anyone to improve my mod with scripting, will be good, but not at the moment sorry
    Well, it is pretty easy to script such things as giving a faction some money based on traits of certain FMs - I have done so in my micromod Spoils of Victory. Here is an example of such code:
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
    and Trait EnemyCampCaptured = 1

console_command add_money romans_julii, 1000

end_monitor
    Therefore I have run a test in my current Baktrian campaign, just to verify, whether the script recognizes ancillaries. So I have put this code into EBBS:
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_brutii
    and Ancillary Armourer = 1
    and Ancillary Chirurgeon = 1

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 10000

end_monitor
    I have two FMs who have BOTH Armourer AND Chirurgeon, I have four more FM who have EITHER Armourer OR Chirurgeon. My expectation was that I should gain 20.000 mnai.

Well the test shown two things:
    1.- The script was executable and did something
    2.- The script did something different then supposed: I have gained 450.000 mnai from it... I really do not know why

I have no idea what could be wrong in my test code Anybody could help???

Can the campaign difficulty affect the codes that gives money?
    just a speculation, my scripting past was worse

My Submods for EB

Great idea Atra-dude!

Is this mod compatible with Alex?

In theory, It was just competeble with alex
    Because I have alex eb under minimod pack of LZ3, so no idea with other exes, I have no chance to test them but I mod text files of EB that was written for RTW.exe, so in theory must be competable with all exes.
    But the last testing showed me that it is not save game competable, because it gave me some funny errors but not CTDs.

My Submods for EB

This mod looks interesting i cant wait for it to be finished

I am planning to upload an unfinished version of my mod this week if I have time; cos my job is very time consuming in these days.

Romani, Ptolemaioi, Pahlava will be added, for others I am waiting to have enough time for coding, photoshopping etc.

I will evaluate the feedbacks, if you send me .

Atra

P.S. I am really under a serious workload at the moment.After this first version, I am not planning to code etc. until my job gets lightier.

My Submods for EB

I cant wait for this to be released i hope its soon

My finished but not fully tested first version 1.0 is released.
    I will add screenies when I started to test them one by one, as it is not save game competeble I have to redo testing again after this full version.

I hope you will enjoy. I spent my sunday with coding the last remaining parts of my mod.
    I know I have lots to do but I have obtained a few help, mostly doing alone.
    By the way, any kind of your feedback will be appreciated.

Atra

My Submods for EB

what do you mean by "local governors" for romani? Have some of the ancillaries for provincial governors been fixed (like greece and asia)

EB has vanilla governors for romani, I did not touch them just I added legion commanders for Romani.
    For the other factions I added province governors and crown officers that was expresed in the first message.

My Submods for EB

it does not work
    EB freezes on the initial load screen

i was waiting f0r 30 minutes and after crtl+alt+supr and in the screen show EB doesnot work
    regulary i wait 1 o 2 minutes
    Last edited by Mithick666; 03-02-2009 at 07:39.

use my first mod only "Parthian satrapies 1.1" whose location is seen in my signature, It works without any problem. I had no time to test last version after I finished the coding.

I abondonned the download link until I fix it.
    Please use my first mod until I fix my version.

My Submods for EB

there are lots of missing " _of_ " code sorry I hope today I can manage to work my mod

My Submods for EB

thanks Atraphoenix i will wait your Extended Offices Mod good luck with your mod

codes are fixed but methinks my module is the cause of the problem that is likely to change my coding module.

My Submods for EB

Finally I could manage to open a new campaign. In my vista EB opens at about 2 mins and I can open any campaign, what is the bad news is I have a stable CTD when I press end turn second time.
    So as you can see you can play my mod only for one turn
    Fixing the codes took my hours but I have to change my coding module methinks so say goodbye RTW.exe
    I lost my hope completely that I could fix my current module.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 03-03-2009 at 22:35.

My Submods for EB

Thanks to ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator of Sqυid, I finally fixed all the bugs of my mod.

Thanks to bovi for his help on the bug fixing and the tester users who reports about my mod.

After I named it as "Extended Offices Mod Version 2.0" is downloadable now.

To download my working mod version 2.0:

if you want to use Trait/Ancillary Validator of Sqυid:

I hope you will enjoy playing my mod.
    If you have any kind of feedback, comment, request etc. please send me

P.S. Sorry for the spams

Atra
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 03-04-2009 at 22:55.

My Submods for EB

congratulation Atraphoenix it is a great mod thank you.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy playing it.
    which faction you are playing currently? I will add screenies so if you play other than Pahlava please send me screenies to add the the here I cannot play with all of them at the same time
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 03-05-2009 at 08:30.

My Submods for EB

i have started a new campaing whit the romanis and koinon helenon
    i have seem in the koinon helon the Archistratêgos
    i will take some pics and i will post them here.

Archistratêgos (Commander-in-Chief)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dibujo2.jpg 
Views:	62724 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	40

thanks, but you should give the title to a younger one

My Submods for EB

Some screenies of my mod for Pahlavan Offices has been added.
    I hope you you liked them.
    More screenies will come soon for each faction.

My Submods for EB

Just started a new Baktria campaign; I haven't conquered Patala, Nisa and Alexandropolis yet, but so far the Baktrian offices seem to be working fine.
    I like it, only complaint I have so far is that I don't really like the picture for the ancillaries.

Some screens:
    Governer Baktria
    Dioiketes
    Archistrategos
    Last edited by Raygereio; 03-11-2009 at 19:35.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast