Thread: Sennheiser headphones

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Default Sennheiser headphones

I have a Sennheiser headphone & mic, model 151 I think, that's about 4 years old. The right side has stopped working. Is there any way to take them apart and possibly fix this or am I better off to just replace them? I really like these and hate to discard them.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Default Re: Sennheiser headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    I have a Sennheiser headphone & mic, model 151 I think, that's about 4 years old. The right side has stopped working. Is there any way to take them apart and possibly fix this or am I better off to just replace them? I really like these and hate to discard them.
    The 115? From Sennheiser's FAQ:

The only user replaceable parts are the cushions and Accupacks. Attempting to service other parts without the proper tools may result in further damage to the HDR(_) - possibly rendering it totally inoperable. You must obtain an RA# then return your HDR(_) headphone to Sennheiser Service. If it is determined by us to be within warranty, your credit card will not be charged.
    Sounds like you'd need specialized tools to get to the guts. All connections are secure, as far as you can tell? Tried them on several different audio sources (to make sure it's not a source transmission problem)? My Plantronics headset will sometimes only pick up one side, if the signal is too weak.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Default Re: Sennheiser headphones

Yes, I checked to make sure the two plugs are seated snugly. There's a very small screw by the ear cushions that when removed shows the connections to the ear speaker and they seem okay. The speaker must have gone bad. It costs a minimum of $35 plus shipping to have them evaluated by Sennheiser. If not covered by warranty, and they're 4 years old so probably not covered, will cost more to repair than a new set; $50 with shipping & tax. Oh well, hello throw away society.
    something else to packrat away so when the new one breaks in 4 years maybe I can cobble both together and make a good one.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*