Thread: I'm the New Boy!

Cool I'm the New Boy!

Hello EB Forum,

I have this weekend loaded EB to my PC and I must say what a tremendous fabulous mod it is. Your very attractive website with simple download instructions made it an easy choice. The map, music and voices are first class. The array of units and the amount of effort towards settlement building is fab.
    My first impressions are that the units and some buildings are considerably more expensive, so hence I will need to build my economy. I chose to play my old favourites the Romans and I have started to reclaim Italy from the foreigners!
    When I get the chance I will read some of the guides to establish the best direction to go.

Once again thanks for a superb mod, long live EUROPA BARBARORUM

Default Re: I'm the New Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Asiaticus View Post
    Hello EB Forum,

I have this weekend loaded EB to my PC and I must say what a tremendous fabulous mod it is. Your very attractive website with simple download instructions made it an easy choice. The map, music and voices are first class. The array of units and the amount of effort towards settlement building is fab.
    My first impressions are that the units and some buildings are considerably more expensive, so hence I will need to build my economy. I chose to play my old favourites the Romans and I have started to reclaim Italy from the foreigners!
    When I get the chance I will read some of the guides to establish the best direction to go.

Quoted for truth.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Welcome.

Although I'm also still somewhat new here, I'd like to give you one or two "hints".

(1) Don't expand too fast. Especially as the SPQR you could suddenly find out that there are too many enemies for the armies you can afford.
    (2) To make the game as the SPQR more enjoyable just use historical army compositions. A stack full of Principes, Triarii and Pedites Extraordinarii my sound like fun at first, but you will not enjoy this for long. Believe me.
    And of course you can't afford stacks like these at the beginning.
    (3) Download Force Diplomacy minimod if you want to solve the AI problem of "I have one city left, filled with two units of levy archers. And you, the mighty SPQR have four legions right at the gates and as far as I can see just about 50 provinces filled with another dozen legions. Why the hell should I sign a ceasefire?! Shut up and fight like a man, you ***!"
    Just make sure that you don't use it for cheating. I would have a bad feeling cause I would be somewhat responsible since I gave you the idea to use the mod...
    (4) Read all texts you find in the game. They are at least interesting.
    Most ones increase your knowledge and a lot of them are even funny. Really funny.
    (5) Have fun. And fear the coloured deaths...

(6) Praise your browser as he has finally led you to the best RTW mod ever.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 02-09-2009 at 20:46.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfaß View Post
    (6) Praise your browser as he has finally led you to the best RTW mod ever.
    Amen to that.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Uh-oh, Maion must be writing another in-character rant against the Romani right now...

Welcome to the forums
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Ah yes so many new boys these days...

But yeah, EB is a good mod. Didnt play Rome for decades after MTW2 came out, but after trying EB, now i dont play MTW2 any longer.

It really is a classic. I just posted my own fanboy post a few moments ago.

The variety in the units and the AOR scheme is fantastic. And every now and then there is just a huge, epic battle that keeps the game intense...

Awesome.

Hello EB Forum,

I second that ;-) Welcome to the forum. If you have questions just ask (but read the FAQ first *GG*), everyone will gladly help you here.

My hint: just play along with the romans, though they're not the most beloved faction, they're quite the easiest one to play and therefore perfect for beginners. You soon will realise that EB is a very complex game. Just test it. Starting with Roleplay and Minimods is not necessary, i would do that later, when you got used to EB.

Just never forget to activate the background-script every single time you start a campaign or load a savegame!

Have fun!

SwissBarbar
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Hello EB Forum,

Welcome to the fora, Scipio!

Good to hear you enjoy (as we all do) the tremendous effort the team has poured into this wonderful mod. It would be wise to do some searching for previous posts containing guides and tactics you can use both about maintaining an empire together, as well as making money and fairing good on the battlefield (since many things are changed from vanilla in the way battles are fought).

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    Uh-oh, Maion must be writing another in-character rant against the Romani right now...
    Hey, I didn't say anything, ok? I didn't even think of doing something like that...

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 02-10-2009 at 11:02.
    ~Maion

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

I felt like you did when I first played EB. Amazing game and completely blows vanilla away in every category.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-10-2009 at 12:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.