Thread: Here's one for you: How do you limit multiplayer battle unit roster?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    a.k.a. Burebista Member Βελισάριος's Avatar

Question Here's one for you: How do you limit multiplayer battle unit roster?

So here's the situation: I want to modify whichever file I need in order to give certain factions certain units to be available in a multiplayer battle. The plethora of units that are found there now are far too many and sometimes I'm even having trouble finding some factional troops.

I guess I just need to know which file that is, I think I can work with it from then on... if not, I'll return with another question. :P

Cheers!
    To settle the deal between Romans and Greeks once and for all... both Italy and Greece are in deep s*** at the moment. Do you really think who had the biggest spear in antiquity makes any difference?

Default Re: Here's one for you: How do you limit multiplayer battle unit roster?

EDU, DMB, UI files, sprites... And I think some more which I can't think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-11-2009 at 09:19.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Here's one for you: How do you limit multiplayer battle unit roster?

if youre not finding factional troops, it sounds like youre not starting the game with the mutiplayer/custom battle option...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Right, the EDU gives me each faction's unit rosters, but what do the other ones do?
    And what are their full names, please?

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    if youre not finding factional troops, it sounds like youre not starting the game with the mutiplayer/custom battle option...
    Which would be...?
    To settle the deal between Romans and Greeks once and for all... both Italy and Greece are in deep s*** at the moment. Do you really think who had the biggest spear in antiquity makes any difference?

There are tons of discussions about this in the Scriptorium, as well as in the unofficial mods section I'm sure.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    There are tons of discussions about this in the Scriptorium, as well as in the unofficial mods section I'm sure.
    Actually... no, there isn't. I've checked, believe me. And it's given me a headache too.
    But thanks for your input... albeit useless.

In any case, I think I found out how to edit that option, and it's giving me a migraine.
    But hey, now I have even more respect for the people who've worked on creating EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Burebista View Post

Which would be...?
    run the trivial script and select the multiplayer option. this will let you play custom battles with your factional units
    Last edited by mcantu; 02-12-2009 at 04:41.
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

================
    ================

Actually... that's not really what I needed.

And I already saw that one. Was pretty interesting too.

You say you want to "give certain factions certain units to be available in a multiplayer battle". Do you then not mean that you want to add any units to certain factions? That is what that tutorial tells you, and also what the abbreviations I used mean.

I guess I don't understand what you want. If you only want to reduce each faction's roster, the MP EDU backup in the EB folder is your friend. You did read the frequent issues and FAQ, right?
    Last edited by bovi; 02-12-2009 at 16:57.

================
    ================

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Question from a modding noob:

Would it not be enough to delete the faction(s) you don't want to have access to a certain unit from the EDU entry of that certain unit?
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I guess I don't understand what you want. If you only want to reduce each faction's roster, the MP EDU backup in the EB folder is your friend. You did read the frequent issues and FAQ, right?
    That's about right.
    Only... when I replace the EDU in the MP folder... nothing happens.

The EDU in the MP backup is only used if you use the Trivial Script. You can copy it in manually too.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-13-2009 at 00:10.

================
    ================