Thread: Had Popularis and Lost it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Member Naughteous Maximus's Avatar

Red face Had Popularis and Lost it

I was just shy of getting one of my generals with all the pre-conditions to set off the Marian Reforms, I just needed a few more command stars. Once I got to 4 stars, I figured my Marian conditions were met, then I noticed that my general lost his popularis. I thought once you had it you can't loose it, and now that I have lost it, how do I get it back? I love this game, I think it is by far the most realistic and detailed mod out there. If only you guys could do a late empire mod with the same detail. That would be sweet!

NM

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: Had Popularis and Lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Naughteous Maximus View Post
    I was just shy of getting one of my generals with all the pre-conditions to set off the Marian Reforms, I just needed a few more command stars. Once I got to 4 stars, I figured my Marian conditions were met, then I noticed that my general lost his popularis. I thought once you had it you can't loose it, and now that I have lost it, how do I get it back? I love this game, I think it is by far the most realistic and detailed mod out there. If only you guys could do a late empire mod with the same detail. That would be sweet!

NM

the naughteous maximus? from TWcenter?

well, IIRC, there is a cheat that allows for you to put in traits (or antitraits), but i do not remember what it is. It might be what you need.

EDIT: did the marian reforms activate BTW?
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 02-11-2009 at 22:14.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Hello Ibrahim,

Thanks for responding, and "yes" I am the NM from TW Center. In regards to the Marian reforms, "no", they did not take place. I'm going to finish latting my general subdue the Spanish, then give him a govenorship in Italy were they worship Ceres, and see if that doesn't bring it back. I'll let you know if it works.

NM

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Was he a "Novitas" (novus homo, or 'new man'), the first in his family to be elected consul? That gives him a 5% chance per turn of turning Optimate, which would reverse his Popularis. Building temples of Ceres and staying in towns with her temple should do the trick. Using the give trait cheat is difficult with Romans because their internal names don't match their visible names.

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB

Yup, he got the "Novus Homo" trait. It was funny, I just needed to get just one command star to set the Marian Reforms into motion and within one turn I went from 2 command stars to 5 and thought, "hot dog, Marian reforms at last". Oh, fate can be a cruel mistress when she wants to be.

NM

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naughteous Maximus View Post
    Yup, he got the "Novus Homo" trait. It was funny, I just needed to get just one command star to set the Marian Reforms into motion and within one turn I went from 2 command stars to 5 and thought, "hot dog, Marian reforms at last". Oh, fate can be a cruel mistress when she wants to be.

NM
    not nearly as cruel as the heavy addiction in the IBFD forums on IJ3 preview pictures

well, you can always try agin if a cheat is unworkable. perhaps some other general will come along and have those traits...

or you can just conquer 90 settlements.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg