Thread: Marian Reforms and Italian Allies

Default Marian Reforms and Italian Allies

Dear Forum,
    I´m currently playing a Romani-Campaign (EB 1.1) and I noticed that, after the Marian Reforms, I´m no longer able to recruit units as “Italian Allies” (above all, the “Equites Extraordinarii”) or Campanian Cavalry in my level 5 or level 4 native MIC´s in Italy. I´m now a little confused, because the Italian Allies still appear on the EB-Website under the “Factions” (i.e. Units) Section in the Marian unit roster. Is this a bug in my game or is it projected?

Best regards,
    Marcel

Default Re: Marian Reforms and Italian Allies

Erm, you might want to check the EB website again.

The Italian allies are only listed under the camillan and polybian rosters, not under the marius and imperial ones.

Which is historically accurate, even though more factors than the "Marian Reforms" played in, the Social War and enfranchisement of most Socii springs to mind...
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Oh... I see. Thank you very much!
    Regards,
    Marcel