Thread: Agent limits?

Default Agent limits?

Hello All,

I have looked thru all the official ETW info and I don't see if they have mentioned if there will be an agent limit per faction. I know they decided to make the campaign map less busy so was just wondering if an agent limit per faction was set up in the game. Anyone know?
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Default Re: Agent limits?

I hope so.
    I still have nightmares about the approaching diplomat hordes in RTW. The Huns have got nothing on that.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

One of the great unknowns for ETW is how you get agents and exactly how they function. The official info. has been sparse at best.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    One of the great unknowns for ETW is how you get agents and exactly how they function. The official info. has been sparse at best.
    This why I am a bit worried about it. Have they maybe underplayed the importance of having multiple dipolmatic discussions with different countries at the same time? Having only 1 agent avail per faction would take out multi-lateral diplomatic discussions.
    Last edited by ByzanKing; 02-13-2009 at 20:38.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe

Blog Entries

Wasn’t it originally planned to have all agents (spies, assassins etc) not as individuals but groups/organisations (ala MI5), so that you would not have to worry about them dieing of old age or cluttering up the map?

What happened to that?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ByzanKing View Post
    This why I am a bit worried about it. Have they maybe unplayed the importance of having multiple dipolmatic discusses with different countries at the same time? Having only 1 agent avail per faction would take out multi-lateral diplomatic discussions.

Don't forget that diplomacy is no longer an agent function in ETW. ALL factions have diplomatic relations with ALL other factions *** and can access the diplomatic screens from one central location. Historically each power would have an envoy/ambassador stationed in each capital city.

***One would think that the exception would be the Americas and India. I would guess that you would need to have a province in these areas before you could deal with the native factions. Prussia for instance would not have an envoy to the Iroqouis Confederacy - unless they manage to take Boston,
    "Après moi le déluge"

*cough cough* *looks at my Prussian soldiers sailing off the coast of Boston* Oh I uh.....Fredrick sent me to give you this uh fruit cake yes thats it a fruit cake here *hands cake* uh well bye....

on a serious note that would be be really neat to be able to build embassy in other nations capitols kinda like Imperial Glory but not every single province, Maybe have most of Europe already with embassy's already built so they may communicate
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

i would assume the limit would be the same as in M2TW where u can only build a priest per church or a merchant per market, or a spy per tavern, etc etc. just my 2 cents
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

lol everyone is using it now....or already did and I never caught them.
    It would be cool if gentlemen were just born and available, couldn't really recruit a gentlemen. Rakes however you can recruit and would be nice to see this difference

That is MY two cents!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Well, it's a different age, it's not like you are completely cut off from the rest of the world, and your diplomats are just really motivated single people. All the major governments have embassies, so the Gentlemen would be slightly redundant, although morphing spies and assasins into rakes sounds like a good idea
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence