Thread: Wind of Change - Romani AAR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Wind of Change - Romani AAR

Chapter I

Autumn, 196 BC

"Yes yes yes, how foolish of me! How could I ever forget that?! Of course it was the mighty Senate that crushed barbarous Arveri, Aedui and Lusotanan and who only had to point towards Qarthadastim and Epirus to wipe them out and finally, they needed only to wave towards Ptolemaioi and Seleucids and all of their armies were utterly destroyed!!"

Tiberius Cornelius Blasio was angry. Not only did the Senate overlooked his accomplishments in Britain but they also publicly declared that it was THEIR wise leadership and planning that helped him capture Camulosadae. There was no mentioning that it was him who saved two cohorts who got surrounded by enemy soldiers at the gates. There was no mentioning that it was his charge that broke the enemy morale.

"Master, they are senators, what did you expect them to do? Let you take the glory? They need to make themselves important too! If they don't then .. well.. people would just get rid off them!" Lucius chuckled.

Tiberius smiled. He knew that Senate wasn't behind this. It was Quintus Licinus Crassus who must have ordered to 'steal his glory' so to speak. Crassus had managed to get enough support in Rome and now he acted like a King of Rome! Being plebeian and pretty obsessed of Games it wasn't that hard. He also managed to gather personal legion outside of Rome!

"I tell you, if I wouldn't be my fathers son I would take my legion and march south and get rid of all of them!" said Tiberius.

"I suggest you not to speak about these things. Walls have ears I have heard" said Lucius, his mentor and best friend.

"Yes, it's true, walls have ears. But this is not Rome where you have to think before you say something!" Tiberius sat down, took a sip of wine and continued, "But let's talk about our current situation. I heard that in north locals have couple of large armies, right?"

"Yes, that is true" answered Lucius,"They outnumber us more than 3 to 1 and most of them are very experienced soldiers. If I were you I would be very concerned!"

"If you were me you would head back to mainland as fast as you can" smiled Tiberius.

"Of course I would. I don't see any point fighting against armies twice the size of my own and since all the finances are sent to east we have no way replenishing our losses!"

"Talking about east, is it true that our legions have captured Babylon and Arbela, again?"

"As far as I know Cnaeus Cornelius Scipio captured Arbela but is unable to leave from the city due to the constant attacks against his forces by the locals in Assyrie. Sextus Germanicus took Babylon but enemy armies near Seleukeia, their former capital, have confined him into Babylon. I heard that most of the time Sextus studies the ancient ruins of the city."

"Just like I'm forced to study local Boadha and .. what is it called.. Ahuarrogh? Unfortunately I haven't had time to visit this.. errm.. Carn-cay-lad-reer-den?" Tiberius started to laugh.

"It's actually Cairncalladryrdan but you were close" said Lucius who started laugh too.

"Well, I think it's time to make the final preparations for the winter. One of the priest said it will be a hard one."

"I hope so. A little change to this fog and constant rain is welcomed!" laughed Tiberius and two men left from the room.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 02-14-2009 at 17:33.