Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

Post Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2238252.ece

It's only really the tabloids that are covering this one. Thought I might as well post it up (I'm making a habit of backroom posting).

Thing is this sort of story is all too common across the UK. This one only happened to get to press after a family member shopped them to the Sun (who had a four page article on them yesterday). The families, both of them, although particularly the mother's, appear to be members of the ignorant "Jeremy Kyle Show" underclass that exists across Britain - in other words, council housed, unemployed and living off benefits. That translates as a useless burden on the state in my book.

The question is what should be done about it? Sex education isn't making a difference, it's existed since the sixties and teen pregnancies have been on the rise since. I don't really understand how it works, but perhaps its message opposing young sex isn't clear enough or indeed real enough. It's probably just a couple of cartoon drawings where the real side of having a kid isn't shown - maybe adding interviews with teen mums and their families on how hard it is and how damaging to their lives it has been could have a positive effect.

Of course, there is another option, start convicting parents maybe, but I don't think that would really make any difference either - modern children don't listen to their parents (not really always a bad thing though with the kind of parents we have nowadays). Punishing the children themselves would be morally wrong IMO, so that in my eyes isn't really an option.

Anyhow, thoughts?
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-15-2009 at 14:29.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Default Re: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourtee

No big deal...

...I lived in Hull for three years. If he was living there his mates at elementary school would probably scold him for taking so long...
    Last edited by rasoforos; 02-15-2009 at 18:33.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

The boy looks like he's 8 and the girl looks like an abomination of God. The kid doesn't even look like he has boys that swim.
    My dad sometimes gives me 10 (insert crazy montarey sign)
    He should be set then right?

This kind of thing is all to common here to. These people are generally good but all to often these things lead to abuse and broken homes because there just not ready. Then there child grows up and repeats the cycle.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

They're going to have sex. Give 'em condoms.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Well sweetheart that doesn't seem to work.

I mean condoms work but this kind of thing will go on wether or not you hand them out.

They hand out free condoms here from time to time, I ask for the flavored ones they never bring those
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-15-2009 at 09:43.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Well sweetheart that doesn't seem to work.
    Then give them more. Condoms shall solve this problem...
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Then give them more. Condoms shall solve this problem...
    Well you only need one. Unless you think burying them in latex works. Personally I would make a jacket out of my extras.

I mean there wouldn't be any extras!....Who am I kidding there would be extras.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-15-2009 at 09:47.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Looks like the lad is serious about it at least, I dunno it's kinda cute. Most obvious question, where are the parents parents?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    The boy looks like he's 8 and the girl looks like an abomination of God. The kid doesn't even look like he has boys that swim.
    What more is there to say?

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Default Sv: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

Me and my co-workers talked about this yesterday.
    And we all agreed this was BS and a made-up story.
    Evidence:
    1. This story was only posted in swedish tabloids(Expressen, aftonbladet), they are known for making up stories.
    2. However their source is a british tabloid The Sun, in others word a very bad source.
    3. That boy is 8.

So I will consider this story to be false until posted by a respectable newspaper.
    Last edited by TB666; 02-15-2009 at 11:50.

Default Re: Sv: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Me and my co-workers talked about this yesterday.
    And we all agreed this was BS and a made-up story.
    Evidence:
    1. This story was only posted in swedish tabloids(Expressen, aftonbladet), they are known for making up stories.
    2. However their source is a british tabloid The Sun, in others word a very bad source.
    3. That boy is 8.

So I will consider this story to be false until posted by a respectable newspaper.

You think respectable newspapers would write about a couple teenagers knocking eachother up in the slums of east jesus chavistan?
    One of the episcopal clergymen who attended him went to the edge of the scaffold, and called out in a loud voice, "My lord dies a Protestant." "Yes,"
    said the Earl, stepping forward, "and not only a protestant, but with a heart hatred of Popery, of Prelacy, and of all superstition." He then embraced
    his friends, put into their hands some tokens of remembrance for his wife and children, kneeled down, laid his head on the block, prayed during a
    few minutes, and gave the signal to the executioner.
    - The death of the Earl of Argylle

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Most obvious question, where are the parents parents?
    Scrounging of benefits the article suggests. I'm amazed they would actually let their kids go through with it.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Sv: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

Quote Originally Posted by Romanus View Post
    You think respectable newspapers would write about a couple teenagers knocking eachother up in the slums of east jesus chavistan?
    Afaik I saw it on cnn yesterday.

I don't think sex ed is going to do much. If anything it would create more curiosity. What would be more effective is starting to crack down on erotic media/ads that've been on the rise since the last century.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

They created a new life, isn't that wonderful?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Post Re: Boy fathers child at twelve and girl at fourteen

UK schools have been handing out free (basic, as in just plastic sheets) condoms since the late 90s. Not sure how well publicised this is to students though. On the high street condoms are rather expensive for a kid to buy (£3.95 for ten rings a bell - no innuendo intended).

And a respectable newspaper does cover it (although to be fair, it is just the Sun's story reworded and re-printed). Regardless of the "realness" of this case, however, kids still are having kids which is worrying.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-15-2009 at 14:22.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Btw, news has it that two others have now claimed to be the father...
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Richard, who told the paper he slept with Chantelle with the consent of her parents and without using any contraception, said he plans to demand a DNA test is carried out to find out the truth.
    That section is particularly disturbing should it be true. What sort of parent allows their under-age daughter to sleep with somebody? This just highlights that many parents nowadays are at best awful role models - we can see in the article the far from exemplary behaviour of the families, particularly the mother's, overall. At worst some parents are totally incapable of looking after their children. As a result of this poor parenting, these ideas get passed on to their children, then to their children and further on in a never ending cycle of negative ideas.

The problem is what can we do? Free parenting classes could be started I suppose, but you can hardly make parents attend - in reality the ones that actually genuinely care about their children (and so don't really need these classes) will be the only ones that actually go as opposed to the hopeless parents that actually need them. Another alternative would be assessment of parents prior to the birth of the child of their actual suitability, the baby of failing parents being taken away for adoption at this stage. Judgements won't always be accurate though and could result in perfectly good parents being discriminated against. Perhaps a reform of the education system could also break this cycle. Emphasis on hard-work, a good education, strong qualifications and, of course, sex education with a painfully strong emphasis on the need for contraception and the nitty gritty realities of not using it could turn things around. Or not.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-16-2009 at 14:27.

Indeed... routine castration is now the only answer among the chav hordes. When you have a culture that is geared towards reproduction as a means by which to remain on state benefits for life, it is only logical and hardly surprising when such things occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    Indeed... routine castration is now the only answer among the chav hordes. When you have a culture that is geared towards reproduction as a means by which to remain on state benefits for life, it is only logical and hardly surprising when such things occur.
    I suppose that is the common sense solution, but the word inhuman comes to mind. It's unethical IMO.

What you bring up is other good point - the benefits system also needs reforming - in my eyes there should be no money, you get paid in coupons with which you can buy food, enough for your household to survive, and other essentials (toilet paper, soap e.c.t.) only. Clothing coupon should be given out separately each quarter. Other bills should be paid for, but only up to a certain value, this value considering the population of the home, to prevent people getting extravagant with their electrics, heating, phone and water. If they do exceed the value, they get what happens to anybody who doesn't bother to pay their bills and get cut off. They are of course welcome to use their own savings to pay any excess and buy whatever they like otherwise. Those who have actually been in employment before or in between claiming benefit should get provided with coupons/bill paying amounts which have an additional value of 0.25% per year they've been working (e.g. Bob's been working twenty years and is now on benefits - he gets 5% more than Sharon who has never worked in her whole life).

Child benefits should be similar, although they maybe should provide coupons spendable not only on the usual food and clothes, but also on toys, games and other things that a child will want to help bring them up.

Applying this to the "kid for benefit" ideology, parents' unconditional (as in no need to search for a job) benefit should end eventually forcing parents to find work/get an education (with government support) the moment free schooling becomes available for their first child (aged 4). Have another child, tough on you - the government shouldn't use having a second child as an excuse to avoid work - you had the child, you deal with the consequences. Child benefit should be provided to this infant though, even though unconditional benefit is removed.

All people on conditional benefit should have the choice between getting qualifications to improve their employability if they lack them or job hunting, them being forced into the former after two/three years of job hunting. If they come off benefit and then go back on, they should have half the time they've been off benefit to find themselves a job plus any time they had left before going into education before before being forced into education. Choosing/being forced into the education route allows benefits to continue as long as attendance at the establishment is retained, it being stopped the moment an illegitimate reason for lack of attendance is found.

As well as perhaps stopping this benefit culture, it may also stop individuals who are spending their benefits money on things such as cigarettes and alcohol which are commodities not to be enjoyed by those who are so desperate that they have to turn to the state for help.

That's probably a little too detailed, but you get the point anyhow.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-16-2009 at 14:26.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Such things have happened throughout history.

However, these sorts of things were or at least seemed to be VERY much less frequent when such behavior led to public ostracism, sneering, and belittlement.

With those involved NOT becoming social pariahs, it appears to be that such things are more frequent.

Is there a lesson there?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Such things have happened throughout history.

However, these sorts of things were or at least seemed to be VERY much less frequent when such behavior led to public ostracism, sneering, and belittlement.

With those involved NOT becoming social pariahs, it appears to be that such things are more frequent.

Is there a lesson there?
    Perhaps, but not a useful one. The Chav underclass is quite happy with itself, the rest of us sneer. I saw something on television a while back to the effect that intellectuals and the media have been telling us that we are all liberated and laid back about social mores, bad language etc., but that the truth is that we are not.

I suggest the child be taken into care now, before any damage can be done to it.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

They are too young to hear about sex. And sexual education too.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Kukri thinks: if you get government money: you are a government employee.

As employer, the government can and should impose whatever conditions seem right. As employee, the individual should negotiate their best employment deal, then comply with the terms of that contract.

If the government has hired you to raise your children, you must raise them as the government/employer sees fit, or risk termination of employment. If you don't want the government to tell you how to raise your children, quit the job, or renegotiate a better deal.

Make abstinance or condom use a condition of employment. "Surprise" baby? Termination of employment. Underage pregnancy? Termination of employment. School drop-out? Termination of employment.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

As they say down south... Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed!!! Yeeehaw!!! G-damn, I'm drunk!!!
    RIP Tosa

We don't say that.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was reported here a few nights ago that 6 other boys have come forward claiming to be the father. One 16 year old even demands a DNA test to confirm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    They are too young to hear about sex. And sexual education too.
    At 12 or 13, far from it. It is exactly the right time (according to my parents and my countries educational system). Because that is when a few of them are going to start. This exact same thing happened in my junior high, 15 years ago. Even with decent sex ed at 12 or 13 teen pregnancy is going to happen. You can't stop it totally, you can just try and minimize it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    That section is particularly disturbing should it be true. What sort of parent allows their under-age daughter to sleep with somebody? This just highlights that many parents nowadays are at best awful role models - we can see in the article the far from exemplary behaviour of the families, particularly the mother's, overall. At worst some parents are totally incapable of looking after their children. As a result of this poor parenting, these ideas get passed on to their children, then to their children and further on in a never ending cycle of negative ideas.
    My mother for one.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Was reported here a few nights ago that 6 other boys have come forward claiming to be the father. One 16 year old even demands a DNA test to confirm it.
    That girl must have one hell of a personality.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-16-2009 at 07:13.

Yeah this kind \V/ *nudge**nudge*
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Parents cant stop it. I was forbidden from having sex but it didnt stop me. It was about 5-6 months of constant unprotected sex. Luckily nothing went wrong. If they try to stop it, the kids will find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast