Thread: Adding Money to an AI-Faction via Console Command

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Question Adding Money to an AI-Faction via Console Command

Hi.

Now I already have some experience with modding. But what keeps bothering me is that I seem unable to donate the AI some money via console command. I know the command is <add_money "faction" amount>.

But now I have donated the Baktrians (or better, the civil war evil guys in my game) already 1,200,000 M and the graph still shows a curve right into the bottom out of the scroll. So I guess it didn't work.

For my own faction the command works btw, but only without the faction name (I know default is player faction). I have tried all variants hoping to find out the exact syntax, name in hyphens, money in hyphens, internal faction name, current faction name, etc. But the command only works when I just type <add_money amount>. But this way of course I can't donate money to other factions.

Can somebody help?

P.S. <?add_money> I know but didn't reveal anything I had not known yet.

P.P.S. Sorry it's neither in the frequent issues nor in the FAQ.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 02-15-2009 at 18:15.

Default Re: Adding Money to an AI-Faction via Console Command

add_money egypt 40000, for instance, if you want to add money to Carthage's coffers.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Adding Money to an AI-Faction via Console Command

actually, it would be add_money egypt, 40000
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Adding Money to an AI-Faction via Console Command

Thank you both, but Mcantu was right about the syntax. I don't understand why this command has a different syntax than all the others. Be that as it may...