Thread: need new strategy games

Default need new strategy games

i like deep strategy. i don't like point and click rush/build rts.

i'm eagerly awaiting empire total war, and am trying to get my hands on Ageod's civil war.

any more suggestions?

Default Re: need new strategy games

Hearts of iron, Europa Universalis 3, and others... I know the other orgahs are more indepth than i am
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

If you like space strategy games at all, then Galactic Civilizations 2 is a must-have. I just picked up the Ultimate Edition (which is the base game plus both expansion packs) a few days ago, and am definitely enjoying it so far.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Sword of the stars is good fun. Total war in space with technology advancement :3

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by runes View Post
    i like deep strategy. i don't like point and click rush/build rts.

i'm eagerly awaiting empire total war, and am trying to get my hands on Ageod's civil war.

any more suggestions?
    Crusader Kings + expansion Deus Vult (Middle Ages (1060 to 1450 or so), dealing with vassals, dynastic planning, crusades, pagans, church, etc etc)

Europa Universalis 2 or Europa Universalis 3: Complete edition (From Middle Ages (1350 or sorts) to Napoleon's time (1836?), discoveries, colonization, trade, imperialism, etc.)

Victoria: An empire under the sun + expansion Victoria: Revolutions (From the beginning of Industrialism (1836) to the interbellum period (1936); Industrialism, economy, colonization, globalism, ideologies, revolutions, techonology)

Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday + expansion Hearts of Iron 2: Armaggedon (From the beginning of the build-up for WW2 (1936) to the height of the cold war (1960 or so); Warfare, strategy, terrain, combat, ideologies, domination)

Space Empires IV: Gold Edition (Space strategy, new species, diplomacy, interaction and stuff)
    BLARGH!

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Crusader Kings + expansion Deus Vult (Middle Ages (1060 to 1450 or so), dealing with vassals, dynastic planning, crusades, pagans, church, etc etc)

Europa Universalis 2 or Europa Universalis 3: Complete edition (From Middle Ages (1350 or sorts) to Napoleon's time (1836?), discoveries, colonization, trade, imperialism, etc.)

Victoria: An empire under the sun + expansion Victoria: Revolutions (From the beginning of Industrialism (1836) to the interbellum period (1936); Industrialism, economy, colonization, globalism, ideologies, revolutions, techonology)

Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday + expansion Hearts of Iron 2: Armaggedon (From the beginning of the build-up for WW2 (1936) to the height of the cold war (1960 or so); Warfare, strategy, terrain, combat, ideologies, domination)

Space Empires IV: Gold Edition (Space strategy, new species, diplomacy, interaction and stuff)
    The correct times (For those interested) are:
    CK: DV - 1066 ->1453
    EUIII - 1399 ->1820

And I have to also suggest EUIII - I just started replaying it with Magna Mundi Platinum again.
    Last edited by CountArach; 02-19-2009 at 09:22.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Ok, much more a tactics game but still apparently the best battfield experience out there.

XIII th century death or glory looks like an amzing game.
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...nor/index.html

http://xiiicentury.1cpublishing.eu/

Once my new pc arrives, this will be my first purchase.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde