Thread: 3ds Max Error: No + Function For Undefined

Default 3ds Max Error: No + Function For Undefined

I am using 3ds Max 9 32 bit and I have been using it fine for about six months now (well, since I have had it). I suddenly began experiencing the strangest error when I try to open .cas files that I have just edited in 3ds Max. I am seeing this when I import them with Vercengetorix's .cas importer/exporter:

After clicking ok then model is just a jumble of disconnected parts. Absolute garbage. Furthermore, the Import button has disappeared. I have to close 3ds Max and re-open it to do anything else with it.

It is happening after making the simplest edits. For example, I opened a peasant .cas file and removed the knife in its hand, saved it as a .cas file. Then re-opened it and got the error. However, I took another .cas file of an archer, deleted her bow, sword, and quiver, and was able to export it to a .cas file and reopen it fine. Then I deleted her head plume and exported it and I got the message when re-opening it. It seems to be happening at random.

I can save these things as .max files and reopen them just fine. But if I export the .max file to a .cas, I get the error.

These are things that have literally just started happening a few hours ago, for no apparent reason. I uninstalled 3ds Max and reinstalled it already with no change. I deleted the .cas importer plugin and tried a new copy. Nothing is helping. I did not install anything just before this started happening, or change any settings on my computer. 3ds Max was working fine this afternoon, then a few hours ago it just went crazy.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-16-2009 at 06:24.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

ATW Version 2.5 is now out!

you ain't seen me, right!!. Member satanea juda's Avatar

Default Re: 3ds Max Error: No + Function For Undefined

After clicking ok then model is just a jumble of disconnected parts. Absolute garbage. Furthermore, the Import button has disappeared. I have to close 3ds Max and re-open it to do anything else with it.

Hmm, normally only get that err msg if an animation was present when the cas was exported, the section quoted definately happens when there is an animation present..

Default Re: 3ds Max Error: No + Function For Undefined

I have not applied animations to any of the .cas files I was working on. I only do that to .max files when I am creating unit cards.

Edit:

I did some more experimenting, and as long as I leave a weapon, or some other object (like shoulderpads, head plumes, etc...) attached to the body it seems to work. I could have sworn I have removed all of the extras from a body before and had it work though...
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-16-2009 at 19:55.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

ATW Version 2.5 is now out!