Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UN lied about IDF shells hitting school

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default UN lied about IDF shells hitting school

link

im not surprised that they lied.

also, Hamas lied about death toll
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 02-16-2009 at 16:11.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: UN lied about IDF shells hitting school

Any other links? My usual online papers haven't mentioned it. Is there a link to the UN source?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

there was a Guardian link somewhere that someone posted here but i cant find it now.
    but here is haaretz link
    and an ABC link

EDIT: NY Times

“While they did not attack the school directly, they have to take into account civilians there."
    another NY Times link

Witnesses, including Hanan Abu Khajib, 39, said that Hamas fired just outside the school compound, probably from the secluded courtyard of a house across the street, 25 yards from the school. Israeli return fire, some minutes later, also landed outside the school, along the southwest wall, killing two Hamas fighters. Nearly all the casualties were in the street outside the compound, with only three people wounded from shrapnel inside the walls.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 02-16-2009 at 17:36.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Old news this was known weeks ago, people never wonder who exactly the UN in gaza are. Lefties hungrily gob up everything Hamas feeds them, they only think they are lying when they say they want to kill jews.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-16-2009 at 18:31.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

im not surprised that they lied.
    Come on Hooah, they didn't lie. They simply "misspoke"
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

riiiiight.......
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

In the end does it make a difference? The school wasn't the only civillian target they hit.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Winter View Post
    In the end does it make a difference? The school wasn't the only civillian target they hit.
    It makes a difference in trusting the UN, who the international community tend to rely on for at least 'fair' feedback - although it does seem several people were injured inside the school they clearly either lied, or at least made no effort to correct news stories

- as for the second link, im sure the IDF can be relied on for providing the Palestinian death toll...

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
    It makes a difference in trusting the UN, who the international community tend to rely on for at least 'fair' feedback -
    Again, who are the UN personal in Gaza, pretty faceless for such a worrying region, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
    - as for the second link, im sure the IDF can be relied on for providing the Palestinian death toll...
    and im sure that hamas can be relied upon for giving us a reliable death toll.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Hmm I think they must of lied as the UN are in conspiracy with hamas to take down Israel and destroy the country.

I feel so sorry for Israel everyone in the world is against them, they just can't see that Israel is a bastion of hope in a region surrounded by evil Muslims who want to destroy us all. I think this latest report is more damming evidence that even the UN to is anti-semetic.

In all seriousness now I think it was probably an honest mistake, unless you buy into the whole "world conspiracy against Israel" as I sarcastically portrayed above.

Also what purpose does this thread serve other than prising up the old flames of the countless threads revolving around Israel and Gaza which if memory serves me correct every single one has been locked. Also it seems to be the pro Israelis here who continuously want to bring this issue up.

Just be hopeful that your country has a new government and that means that you might start taking a new direction which doesn't involve you invading your neighbours every two years.
    Last edited by tibilicus; 02-16-2009 at 22:32.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    Hmm I think they must of lied as the UN are in conspiracy with hamas to take down Israel and destroy the country.
    There is no UN in gaza, only UN spokepersons, who also happen to be hamas members/associates, lotsa money to be made for the exceptionally cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    There is no UN in gaza, only UN spokepersons, who also happen to be hamas members/associates, lotsa money to be made for the exceptionally cynical.

I thought the UN school in questions was run by the UN and the UN also had various refugee camps in the region?

Wouldn't that constitute the UN being in Gaza?

the reason why i brought it up is because i was not sure that everyone knew and i want everyone to know the truth.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    the reason why i brought it up is because i was not sure that everyone knew and i want everyone to know the truth.
    Just remember it's only the truth from one side. I'm certain both sides lied in the conflict, both lied about deaths ect.

At the end of the day I don't think either side will ever look like a winner or the good guy in all of this. As I said before lets just hope Israel's new government will take them forward, not 50 years back in the past.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Just remember it's only the truth from one side. I'm certain both sides lied in the conflict, both lied about deaths ect.

The UN confirmed it. They're not exactly pro-Israeli. It seems to be pretty much established fact now that they've confirmed that Israel didn't bomb the school, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post

The UN confirmed it. They're not exactly pro-Israeli. It seems to be pretty much established fact now that they've confirmed that Israel didn't bomb the school, no?
    I'm addressing the whole conflict as a whole when I said both sides have lied. as I mentioned earlier it was probably an honest mistake by the UN, I highly doubt they would of gone out of their way to undermine Israel.

And of course the UN isn't meant to be pro-Israeli, it's not meant to be pro any one it's meant to be neutral. Weather it is, is a completely different matter but on paper it's not supposed to be pro any one.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Also what purpose does this thread serve other than prising up the old flames of the countless threads revolving around Israel and Gaza which if memory serves me correct every single one has been locked. Also it seems to be the pro Israelis here who continuously want to bring this issue up.
    Don't worry it'll get closed because it puts the UN in a bad light and shows that Hamas is full of crap again. These threads don't stay open unless its attacking the West or Israel.
    RIP Tosa

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Don't worry it'll get closed because it puts the UN in a bad light and shows that Hamas is full of crap again. These threads don't stay open unless its attacking the West or Israel.
    At the risk of derailing this thread, I cannot let this pass.

I am getting sick and tired of the accusations of bias thrown so casually about. None of the moderators on this site get paid, we are all volunteers. We spend our time wading through the posts in the Backroom trying to ensure that it is a pleasant, constructive and peaceful place for friends to debate the issues of the day. We each have our own views but we try constantly not to allow those to influence our decisions - and consult with each other on many occasions to ensure we are not stepping over that line.

You want to try that some time. You want to try and put up with some of the deviance and plain hatred that slips out into the forum. You want to try and stifle your own passions and emotions to ensure that others can enjoy this forum. You want to read some of the PMs that patrons send to "defend" themselves.

One day you might find the Backroom closed for good because there is no one left that wants to spend their leisure time putting up with being insulted and patronised. Frankly, there are days, and you just made this one of them, where I wouldn't care a jot if that happened.

And for your information, not that fact will make a difference, the last two Gaza threads were closed because some people couldn't stop comparing Israel with Nazis.

So yes, Dave, you hit a nerve. Feels satisfied if you wish. Maybe you'll twig that there are human beings back here.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 02-17-2009 at 08:59.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

unjust accusations, learn to love them

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

BG I like you
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost View Post
    At the risk of derailing this thread, I cannot let this pass.

I am getting sick and tired of the accusations of bias thrown so casually about. None of the moderators on this site get paid, we are all volunteers. We spend our time wading through the posts in the Backroom trying to ensure that it is a pleasant, constructive and peaceful place for friends to debate the issues of the day. We each have our own views but we try constantly not to allow those to influence our decisions - and consult with each other on many occasions to ensure we are not stepping over that line.

You want to try that some time. You want to try and put up with some of the deviance and plain hatred that slips out into the forum. You want to try and stifle your own passions and emotions to ensure that others can enjoy this forum. You want to read some of the PMs that patrons send to "defend" themselves.

One day you might find the Backroom closed for good because there is no one left that wants to spend their leisure time putting up with being insulted and patronised. Frankly, there are days, and you just made this one of them, where I wouldn't care a jot if that happened.

And for your information, not that fact will make a difference, the last two Gaza threads were closed because some people couldn't stop comparing Israel with Nazis.

So yes, Dave, you hit a nerve. Feels satisfied if you wish. Maybe you'll twig that there are human beings back here.

BG, you're right. When something is working it is easy to forget about it and not recognise the work that goes in. You mods do a fantastic job and I'm sure I'm not the only one that forgets you all are not neccesarily calm and even handed - but you actively have to try to present this image.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Banquo > Dave the barbarian

On the UN issue, well, so they either lied or they screwed up, it's hard to say but the thought that politicians could lie really shocks me ever since they found the WMDs in Iraq.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I'm pretty sure in the forthcoming days the news: "Palestinian Doctor lied in live television about his house being hit while he spoke live".
    BLARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post

Your way of the point. There is just as many Pro Israelis here who supported the war as people who were against their recent incursion into Gaza.

Your way of the point. There is just as many Pro Israelis here who supported the war as people who were against their recent incursion into Gaza.
    Well I notice a slight bias, being pro-Israel is politically incorrect, sobbing for dead terrorists on the other hand is politically correct. Mods are only human, try it what hits you harder.

- the Israeli's are scum
    - the Palestinians are scum

I don't know what warning the other side gets from time to time I expect they get them, but sometimes I am a bit mwah was that really necesary. This isn't in any way meant as critisism mind you it's a hard subject.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

The fact is since we had the last Israeli discussion there is only one member who hasn't returned to the backroom (i assumed he's still banned) and im sure if you think on it you now which member im on about. Not that i think there is a bias (SF, BG you guys rule!) but if one is too be argued from the evidence it would be far more likely to be the other way around... not that a little thing like evidence would stop dave ranting...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Who was banned?

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Maybe I should include the word bollocks here to make it a bit more obvious...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast