Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Old People who motivate Me

Micky

General Patton

These guys may be senile but I love'em
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Old People who motivate Me

I saw that film about Patton the other day. It was kind of stupid that it didn't include his death, but otherwise I liked it.

I don't like Rocky.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

theres an old Holocaust Survivor in my synagogue who motivates me. but idk if i can find a youtube video about him.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 02-16-2009 at 21:55.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    theres an old Holocaust Survivor in my synagogue who motivates me. but idk if i can find a youtube video about him.
    Well make one. As we all know, if there isn't a youtube video it didn't happen.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring View Post

I don't like Rocky.
    Why do you hate freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring View Post
    I saw that film about Patton the other day. It was kind of stupid that it didn't include his death, but otherwise I liked it.

I don't like Rocky.
    The film did not depict Patton's death because he died an ignoble death in a freak car accident. An accident which, by the way, happened after the war and after Patton returned to Europe from a hero's welcome in the US. The car accident was such that the speed of impact was no more than 20-30 mph. Patton hit his head in such an odd way that despite the slow speed the impact inflicted a mortal head wound. In any event it would have been a terrible way to end the film. They foreshadowed his meaningless death in the final scene, with that heavily laden pushcart nearly killing him as it rolled out control down a steep street in his direction. Having Patton walk his timid bull terrier 'Willie' off into the windmill dotted horizon was a wonderful way to end the film... and a none too subtle reference to Don Quixote & Pancho Villa.

Rocky is a great underdog story! Just treat the first Rocky movie as the only one in the series and it becomes a much better film.
    Last edited by Spino; 02-16-2009 at 23:37.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has to be Gandhi for me.

I cannot and will not live the way he did, but he was truly inspirational. Although the civilization 4 Gandhi on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

My Mom and Dad of course....

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC