Thread: Clan Wars Competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Clan Wars Competition

Clans signed for the CWC Empire Total War Multiplayer - Spring 2009 Championship

Brethren

XXI RAPAX

IMPERIAL

Round Table Knights

VIA MILITERA

Hermandad de la Guardia

Gods Of Total War

Aztec Knights

I Normanni

Imperators

Imperium Polskie

Phoinix Clan

Sith

Invictus

Cacciatori

Slots are going fast

http://clanwars3540.yuku.com/directory
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Default Re: Clan Wars Competition

Are you capping it at 32?

Sixteen Clans per individual competition is all that can be practically handled. The reason being the overall length of the (16 Team) contests being four to six months, and the fact that during half of that time that only four of those Clans are engaged in any combat, while the rest of the multiplayer Clan community waits. If we have enough interest it is better to start second competition, and run the two at the same time.

We have had as many as six contests open at the same time, only four were actively being fought simultaneously, but still it shows the possibilities
    Last edited by Tomisama; 02-17-2009 at 14:18.

I'll throw this on the CCS and see if we can fill it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Sixteen Clans per individual competition is all that can be practically handled. The reason being the overall length of the (16 Team) contests being four to six months, and the fact that during half of that time that only four of those Clans are engaged in any combat, while the rest of the multiplayer Clan community waits. If we have enough interest it is better to start second competition, and run the two at the same time.

We have had as many as six contests open at the same time, only four were actively being fought simultaneously, but still it shows the possibilities
    Just quoting myself to say; that this was an “off the top of my head” response.

Now we will hear from the “middle of my head”.

(Not sure what the “bottom of my head” is going to say in the end.)

Empire Total War is a different animal, and it will require a different type of contest than we have ever had before. The difference is the Sea Battles, and the Clan Wars signees in general seem to agree that they want parallel General's and Admiral's competitions.

And so that’s what we shall have!

I am pulling off the wrapper, and starting from scratch on this one. Who knows where it will all end up. The most number of Teams we have ever had before in a single contest was 32. That was 32 times 4 players each (at the time that was workable), that sent 128 individual players to the battlefield in the first battle of the first round alone. It was long, but awesome!

http://www.totalwar.org/index.php?st...ubaction=&id=&

Being as this will be The Revival of Total War Multiplayer, the Clan Wars Competition will turn no one away! We will accept all Clans submitting, and as many Teams as they want to put forth, up and until the posting of the First Round Battle Assignments.

Even then we will accept standbys until all of the Battles of the First Round have been fought. From there on out, there will be no replacement of dropped Teams, so if you are not active in the competition at that time, you will have to wait until the next one.

The Works!

Here’s how it will work; all signing entities will be entered into two contests, the General’s, and the Admiral’s, Competitions. Each Competition will have it’s own Battle Assignments with it’s own Match draw of their respective competitive fields.

Because of the separation of the two, it will be possible to loose in one contest, and continue in and win the other. Or you could win both!

Anything can happen, any which way…

This will be great

http://clanwars3540.yuku.com/directory
    Last edited by Tomisama; 02-18-2009 at 04:00.

I disagree with the notion that once a team advances to a certain stage they can be filled in by clan members who played on a separate team, as you told Grendy. i think if they register one team they should have to play on that team, otherwise clans who can field more teams have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon View Post
    I disagree with the notion that once a team advances to a certain stage they can be filled in by clan members who played on a separate team, as you told Grendy. i think if they register one team they should have to play on that team, otherwise clans who can field more teams have an advantage.
    I too was concerned about this at one time, really.

But please consider;

If a particular Team wins a Match and proceeds in the Competition to the next Round, why in the world would this “successful” Team choose to replace one of its “successful” Team members, with another member from an “unsuccessful” Team, that obviously had already lost in the same Competition?

I say obviously because they are now “available”. Trust me, it would be pointless, and does not happen.

Other factors to think about;

Clan Wars contests are long, and stuff happens, so Teams occasionally have to fill vacated Team player spots. We have to allow for that.

And the flip side of the advantage theory is that a Clan that enters multiple Teams will probably either have one strong Team, and weaker ones (no advantage there), or split there strong players between Teams (which is even a worse advantage ).

Most Clans that enter multiple Teams do it to give other members experience in the competitive arena, simple as that. They still have their “first” Team, and who knows maybe they will get a surprise from their "second" string? It happens!

The more Clan members you have raises the possibility that you will have more strong players, but in no way guarantees that this will be the case
    Last edited by Tomisama; 02-19-2009 at 13:39.

after few games i see
    this cwc will he hard guys
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK View Post
    after few games i see
    this cwc will he hard guys
    Please explain the problems, and lets see what we might be able to do workaround or limit their impact

On Tomi
    I don't mean player behavior (they are changeable so hard to predict).
    I mean unchangeable conditions like:

1. only 1 map for 4vs4 (can be a bit boring and tie breakers ....)
    2. no lobby chat - it will absolutely make game harder
    3. problems with joining game
    a)i'm not sure yet (checking it with clannies) but having english version i suffer problems with joining polish language versions. this bug occured at mtw 2 and i'm afraid its still same problem
    b)generally its hard to join game
    4. another problem - if someone quit game, there is no quit communication (or i just did not spectate it), only information about result

Of course I'm talking from land perspective but im not sailor. :)
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust