Thread: A way to kill time

Default A way to kill time

I have recently snapped and can not take it anymore. So I decided to go back 4 years ago and read when we were all crazy about M2TW. Reading the post I have tricked my mind to think. M2TW is going to release! Now I can play it like a new game for 2 weeks to survive or until demo. Back when we were discussing the differences between cities and forts, and it just hits you....wow we were wrong....so no more I must stop reading the forums before ETW launches (not really going to happen but eh) but here is for a demo tomorrow *crosses fingers* *remembers how CA ignored the org last go round and is very happy they are openly talking with us about Empire*

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Default Re: A way to kill time

I try total war games but even at best they only mildly amuse me.

The main issue is that when I play them I'm wishing I was playing ETW

Saying pop up like

"I bet if this was ETW Milan, France and HRE wouldn't attack me by turn five."

"At least in ETW I don't have to worry about the pope"

"WTheck MIlan? Seriously."

"I bet ETW has less genoese crossbow men."

"Ugh at least I won't have jihads in ETW"

etc, etc.

So i'm going on a fps spree till demo, just to get my mind completely out of tw mindset at least in the evenings. Mornings I can always come back here and hope for demo :)

utopia (online browser game), WoW (i know but it passes time), any and all cricket related games, writing a thesis and studying my classical latin.

worse is im waiting on 2 game releases Empire and Stargate Worlds lol. only problem is had no new info on SGW for a while.

tried playing M2TW today got bored in like 5 minutes, same with Rome, i reckon if i can find my medieval cd's id enjoy it till i had to fight a battle then i would shudder at the graphics :P

Cheers knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

True it has not helped much. I need to completely beat all of FEAR's Expansions before I will let myself play FEAR2. So I guess I have that to do, but then I will pick of FEAR 2 and then will go crazy when I get ETW. So I will wait on FEAR since I have checked the Forums everyday for Demo and hey I even started posting again.......oh and I remembered my password after 2 years so....ya......demo.......

Ya knoddy same happen to me I have my MTW disks and I did just that. I couldn't play at Graphics. As for Eutopia I use to play but it has been a while since I played...do you have your Kingdom code if they still do that?
    Last edited by pyradyn; 02-17-2009 at 09:09.
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I use bullets.

Well actually FEAR 2 is only based on FEAR not the expansions, so playing the expansions would probably just confuse you as FEAR 2 is ignoring the expansions.

I think FEAR 1 is like 10 bucks in the bargain bin of bargain bins.

The tw games are good but each one makes you want ETW. MTW -Graphics stink RTW-No combat animations MTW2-Upsetting AI.

Wow's as good of a diversion as anything else, old games are needed, it's all you can do. Hopefully today when the confirm the new faction we get a new demo. In about 4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by pyradyn View Post
    True it has not helped much. I need to completely beat all of FEAR's Expansions before I will let myself play FEAR2. So I guess I have that to do, but then I will pick of FEAR 2 and then will go crazy when I get ETW. So I will wait on FEAR since I have checked the Forums everyday for Demo and hey I even started posting again.......oh and I remembered my password after 2 years so....ya......demo.......

Ya knoddy same happen to me I have my MTW disks and I did just that. I couldn't play at Graphics. As for Eutopia I use to play but it has been a while since I played...do you have your Kingdom code if they still do that?
    ye they still use KD codes, my kd is 12:27 only just joined, havnt played in a long time, started again, used to be in a hectic very organised KD but we all got deleted cos most of the KD were friends who had gotten account details off people leaving and given them to friends :P

I use bullets.
    i lol'd

Wow's as good of a diversion as anything else, old games are needed, it's all you can do. Hopefully today when the confirm the new faction we get a new demo. In about 4 hours
    we can only hope :) and ye WoW is a good diversion lol

I think steam is trying to milk this demo for all it's worth.

That's why every 2 days I see new demos and games from the 1700 era

Oooo hey guys here's Euorpa III it has ministers

Here's that colonial game demo from 2 years ago.

Etc, etc.

I mean, it's useful but with 2 weeks till release at this point most people are just, "Oh..or I could just buy ETW in 2 weeks like I really want to."

It's time steam stopped holding out on us and gave us the demo

Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    I think steam is trying to milk this demo for all it's worth.

That's why every 2 days I see new demos and games from the 1700 era

Oooo hey guys here's Euorpa III it has ministers

Here's that colonial game demo from 2 years ago.

Etc, etc.

I mean, it's useful but with 2 weeks till release at this point most people are just, "Oh..or I could just buy ETW in 2 weeks like I really want to."

It's time steam stopped holding out on us and gave us the demo
    pretty much me thinks

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

I try total war games but even at best they only mildly amuse me.

The main issue is that when I play them I'm wishing I was playing ETW

Saying pop up like

"I bet if this was ETW Milan, France and HRE wouldn't attack me by turn five."

"At least in ETW I don't have to worry about the pope"

"WTheck MIlan? Seriously."

"I bet ETW has less genoese crossbow men."

"Ugh at least I won't have jihads in ETW"

Amen, brother! Amen!

I will preach to that! I will join your kingdom knoddy I am so bored waiting. I know they ignore the Demos but I just feel like I have to complete them. As for WOW never really liked it but I will reinstall warcraft 3 and starcraft to pass time.

....im going skiing tomorrow. Wish me luck for a demo when I get back i eagerly await the

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker View Post
    ....im going skiing tomorrow. Wish me luck for a demo when I get back i eagerly await the
    At least ou have something distracting to do while you wait. Just make sure you don't break your arms, because it would be awful if the demo was released and uoi couldn't play it.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Remeber when this game was suppose to come out in November :(. Then got delayed till 6th of February and then got delayed agin till 3/4 of march. I hope it doesn't get delayed again or my mind will explode. But I hope there isn't bugs either.

With two weeks and no delay there is no need for worry, the game is now finished and be polished and they have already began making the guides and the stuff for lunch if not already in mass production by now. They will most likely sell over a million world wide on launch at least. Making a million cds of a Game does not happen in a day. More like half a week or a full week. We just have to wait 2 weeks. However I almost wish they had not even told us they were going to release a demo. Over 2 weeks is not soon to me. I would rather be wondering if they were going to release one and still have my eye on march 4th then checking my email every single day.

Because my dad hasn't re-loaded XP onto the iMac bootcamp thing, I can't even play medieval 2 total war. At least I've got Civ 4 and Halo to play. Though with English, Organic Chemistry, and Calculus, as well as a musical, distractions like Empire:Total War might not be a good thing.

ohhh i forgot a good bit of DOTA too :)

I played F.E.A.R. 2 last night, was a blast, lot of fun. I imagined that all the replica soldiers were just CA drones trying to prevent me from a demo....I must have slaughtered hundreds

Blog Entries

It's a realy untheraputic (is that even a word?) but my way of wasting time before the game comes out is getting my darn games to work without pausing every 5 minutes.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

I played F.E.A.R. 2 last night, was a blast, lot of fun. I imagined that all the replica soldiers were just CA drones trying to prevent me from a demo....I must have slaughtered hundreds
    Posts like this must terrify whoever is responsible for the demo release. They're are quaking at their keyboard, waiting for the crazy man with the shotgun to attack and demand a demo.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

If I lived anywhere close to CA's headquaters I would be outside them protesting holding a sign for the demo to be released.

I need a time capsule or or I need to just not exist until the 4th.....I am so so so bored and no game feeds my hunger....IT MUST BE ETW!!!!

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Wait, they're releasing a demo? Why the hell didn't I know that? Ohmygodthere'sademo.

Anyways, I coped by playing RTW over and over again. With mods.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Posts like this must terrify whoever is responsible for the demo release. They're are quaking at their keyboard, waiting for the crazy man with the shotgun to attack and demand a demo.
    Well last night I think I only blew away like 30 of them, and 4 horror critters and a armor suit. I did have a shot gun but I also had a submachine gun, so I can go either way.

Tonight tho.......tonite there is a whole level crawling with repilicas (aka CA's minions), just beyond them awaits my demo.....I can smell it....I'm low on armor...and my health is not full...but I have a health pack and a dream...a dream of demo

rofl maybe i should play fallout 3 again and pretend like im on a quest to find where ca have stashed the demo :P search the whole map, by the time im done it mite be out :p

does neone else get the feeling the demo wont be released till the full game is, its just soo late i dont see the point releasing the demo now, it will get like a weeks hype then the game will be out, seems redundant, im half expecting it to be released when the game comes out cos that way people can get the demo and if they like it get the full version straight away specially with the annoying steam stuff people could download the demo, play it like it, buy and download the full version from steam straight away.

just my 2 cents

I will back you my friend I will back you *gets the sniper* I have your back!

Seriously guys if you have a fps (not sure fallout3 qualifies tho maybe) boot it up, because it's good to get your mind off the strategy side of things till you get ETW

I think CA did a miscalcuation, I think they figure they release it 2 or 3 they are fine, but they arn't, because they forget that steam is doing preload.

Who is going to pause the full game download to download demo? No one, they dont' want to maybe not get the full game just to risk a demo.

So that means March 1 preloads start at 4pm EST, so they've got Feb, now today is over so live i've said.

Fri 20th is a good bet, and 24th next Tues when they release faction 13 is a good bet.

25th is game day. and I just don't see them doing it on 28th.

After that Feb is over and game is out.

So if we assume demo before game day, they've only got two shots left.

I'm still hopeful for friday release, we will see.

Demmmooooooo
    *Charges Replica clones in melee combat)

Fallout 3 it is then....well we always knew I would do it. As I always said anyone who builds their town around a bomb, deserves to have it blown up. Besides its what the Church of Atom really wanted, to be set free.