Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irish Oppression In The Backroom

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Irish Oppression In The Backroom

Well it finally happened. I knew great-great-great-grandads membership in the know-nothings would come back to bite me.

The two most active moderators here are both Irish.

As Good Anglos we must over throw the yoke of paddy oppression (My family left in 1620 but I still count!)

I just noticed this now. I still though Seamus was in the Gameroom.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Default Re: Irish Oppression In The Backroom

Maybe they can whip up some cabbage to go with your spam...
    RIP Tosa

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Sorry, no help here. Most of my ancestors are from the continent.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Oh just leave them for a while…their tiger died…

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Well it finally happened. I knew great-great-great-grandads membership in the know-nothings would come back to bite me.

The two most active moderators here are both Irish.

As Good Anglos we must over throw the yoke of paddy oppression (My family left in 1620 but I still count!)

I just noticed this now. I still though Seamus was in the Gameroom.
    Gah! Another plastic pom. I bet you dress up in red and white and drink tea and eat crumpets on St. George's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Gah! Another plastic pom. I bet you dress up in red and white and drink tea and eat crumpets on St. George's day.
    TBH I hate the lot of you. My relatives fought with you once and against you twice. I figured we could put aside our differences for the Irish but I'm perfectly willing to go back to me being the hyper-power and yall following orders.

Besides you spell wrong and your tea is horrid.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

We attack on March 17th!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Strike:

I am a fan of things Irish, including traditional Irish music, but....

I'm from Joisey, exit tree (A.C.). No matter how much I like the Tain Bo Cuilghe [sic?].
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Strike:

I am a fan of things Irish, including traditional Irish music, but....

I'm from Joisey, exit tree (A.C.). No matter how much I like the Tain Bo Cuilghe [sic?].
    *shuuders*

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I'll take a Guinness over a New Castle any day of the week.

My kingdom for a .

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Joisey? What exit?

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Joisey? What exit?
    I believe he already answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    I'm from Joisey, exit tree (A.C.). .
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 02-20-2009 at 23:48.

My kingdom for a .

Why are the exits so important?

A history of the might New Jersey Turnpike: What Exit?

A history of the might New Jersey Turnpike: What Exit?
    Cowboys>Turnpike We got the better end of that deal.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

What's with the "anglo" business, Strike? I know you mean it in the national origin, not the racial sense, but seriously, wouldn't where your 5th generation ancestors started their great journey to the promised land be pretty far down the list of your personal sorting algorithm?

I've got little to no discrimination in me. I don't discriminate on gender, political viewpoint, race, creed, religion, sexuality, national origin, even what pet you prefer to keep. There's room for everyone in the great human experience. . Except Yankee fans.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What's with the "anglo" business, Strike? I know you mean it in the national origin, not the racial sense, but seriously, wouldn't where your 5th generation ancestors started their great journey to the promised land be pretty far down the list of your personal sorting algorithm?

I've got little to no discrimination in me. I don't discriminate on gender, political viewpoint, race, creed, religion, sexuality, national origin, even what pet you prefer to keep. There's room for everyone in the great human experience. . Except Yankee fans.
    Im just busting balls. I'm simply say Anglo because I really have no idea what exact % of anything I have after 400 years of killing Mexicans and keeping the black man down.

Mind you this is just my mothers side. My fathers side is very easy to track

Also I'm very much an American but I'm just having fun.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-21-2009 at 00:37.

Why are the exits so important?
    So they can tell you where to go...
    This space intentionally left blank

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I'm sorry Strike, I was just pickin'. I know you're no WASP nativist. Hell, I think you're more of a guinea than I am. It's just a pet project I have... making my American friends stop saying they're Italian, Irish, English, African, whatever the hell they claim to be. I'm more of the soup versus salad guy when it comes to integration. Besides, we're all Americans. That alone gives us bragging rights all these Brits, Canucks, Dutchies and everyone else just sit around and turn green wishing to be.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

One of my great-grandfathers grew up in Cork. They're just continuing the tradition, I figger.

As to oppression: (and I know this is intended as a teasing thread) you won't find anywhere on the 'net - no exaggeration: nowhere - where posts and threads get more respect, benefit-of-a-doubt in favor of the poster, assumption of good intention despite suspected evil or previous 'bad' behavior, or anguished analysis, than this place, this backroom.

When I moderated here, I had to ask TosaInu for extra PM space, just to keep up with the PM discussions among my co-Mods about: this post, that post, this poster, that poster - let alone the PM's to and from individual posters, cussing and discussing their choice of words, or heated points-of-view. Not dozens, or hundreds... thousands of PMs per month. If any poster here thought or thinks that no one is paying attentiion to them, believe me: at least 4 people did. I used to spend 50% of my org-time in my PM in/out box.

Again: I know this thread was a "j/k" thingee. I just thought it presented an opportune 'training opportunity', as we used to call a lull in the action in the army.

DevDave's:
    Maybe they can whip up some cabbage to go with your spam...
    cracked me up, by the way. Not least because (god love him, as do I) even he doesn't get why his statement was so ironic.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    When I moderated here, I had to ask TosaInu for extra PM space, just to keep up with the PM discussions among my co-Mods about: this post, that post, this poster, that poster - let alone the PM's to and from individual posters, cussing and discussing their choice of words, or heated points-of-view. Not dozens, or hundreds... thousands of PMs per month. If any poster here thought or thinks that no one is paying attentiion to them, believe me: at least 4 people did. I used to spend 50% of my org-time in my PM in/out box.
    I'd be curious to see my file.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    Sealed in an undisclosed, secure location, my friend.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    One of my great-grandfathers grew up in Cork. They're just continuing the tradition, I figger.

As to oppression: (and I know this is intended as a teasing thread) you won't find anywhere on the 'net - no exaggeration: nowhere - where posts and threads get more respect, benefit-of-a-doubt in favor of the poster, assumption of good intention despite suspected evil or previous 'bad' behavior, or anguished analysis, than this place, this backroom.

Again: I know this thread was a "j/k" thingee. I just thought it presented an opportune 'training opportunity', as we used to call a lull in the action in the army.

DevDave's:

cracked me up, by the way. Not least because (god love him, as do I) even he doesn't get why his statement was so ironic.
    Ironic in the fact that I supply enough spam in here to keep the entire state of Hawaii supplied?
    RIP Tosa

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Well Strike, we Irish are known for being labourers, hard-working and cheap. Tosa-sama's favourite attributes for his staff.

Anyway, by your apparent reckoning of pedigree, it's even worse - your destiny here is in the hands of the French.

"If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    Can't speak for Kukri-sama, but my PM box gets so full so fast that massive, blind, panicked deleting is the only answer. You would be astonished at how much PM back-and-forth a single no-point warning can generate. It's absurd, really.

I take my warnings like a man. I throw stuff about, kick the cat, shout and swear at the monitor, think dark thoughts about the mod, crack open the beer and drink it down in one, rant and rave to the wife about lifes inequalities, kick the cat again and light a spliff.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    I take my warnings like a man. I throw stuff about, kick the cat, shout and swear at the monitor, think dark thoughts about the mod, crack open the beer and drink it down in one, rant and rave to the wife about lifes inequalities, kick the cat again and light a spliff.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.
    I do the same, except I throw a spliff around, kick some stuff, shout and swear at the cat, think dark thoughts about the monitor, crack open the mod and drink it down in one, rant and rave to the beer about life's inequalities, kick the wife again, and light the cat.

Can't speak for Kukri-sama, but my PM box gets so full so fast that massive, blind, panicked deleting is the only answer. You would be astonished at how much PM back-and-forth a single no-point warning can generate. It's absurd, really.
    Well, not like I've gotten many but when I do I think I can at least apologize for my bad behaviour, unless you guys think that's just PM spam.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I have never, to my knowledge, received a warning point, only a "friendly suggestion"-type PM.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

My pappy is Irish, and I'm proud to say I have absolutely no stinkin' Anglo/German blood in me.

Last edited by Reverend Joe; 02-21-2009 at 22:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast