Thread: dead mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default dead mods

i was looking through the mods for TW games, and noticed a good amount of them are dead, or not even close to being ready yet.(borderline dead)
    i was wondering if we could have different sections to better show off mods that are actually working.
    maybe some subforums:

1. Current Working or active mods
    2. Mods in Progress
    3. Dead mods.

or something of that nature.

not having to sift through a bunch of garbage to find a working mod would increase interest in the site, and make things alot more accessible.

just a thought.

Default Re: dead mods

i know there is already kind of a feature like this, for developing mods, but it isnt used very well, And can be expanded on

Post Re: dead mods

The archive is for this, although admittedly it is a little underused - mod owners don't contact the admin to tell them that their forum is dead, leaving it out in the open. There is one for R:TW too.

Adding additional subforums for those categories, however, would mess up the preview system - where you can click on the forum on the main page and go straight to it rather than having to go through its subcategories. Perhaps some sort of tagging system, with the forums having artificially added pre-fixes ("Completed Mod", "Mod in Development" e.c.t) would work. Of course, however, the possible flaw here is whether mod owners would contact the administration to tell them of any changes in their mod's status. An announcement of the new system and other publicity (such as stickies in the Hosted Mod's main forum) could work.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-22-2009 at 09:07.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites View Post
    mod owners don't contact the admin to tell them that their forum is dead, leaving it out in the open. There is one for R:TW too.
    I have asked Tosa many times through PM and in public and nothing has been done. Thats ok, but when he responded and said yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Post Re: dead mods

If Tosa says no, you could try Ser Clegane I suppose. I'm 99.99% sure he doesn't have 100% access to the whole administrative console though.

Perhaps a couple more administrators could be added to deal with certain tasks that Tosa's workload restrict him from giving his whole attention to. I'm not saying that they should have full access, just enough to do their assigned jobs (e.g. Modding Forum Creation/adjustment).

I'm sure barocca used to do modding forum creation before that dramatic walkout a few months ago, but he has never been replaced. It probably would be difficult to find somebody who could do that position however - most of the possible candidates (as in they are well integrated with the modding community) are AMs and indeed not all of them have been totally active lately. AM to A is a little bit of a big jump IMO.

An alternative would be some sort of hack that could create "Local Administrators" - this title would go to one+ senior member of a mod team that currently moderates their own hosted mod forum. They could change their forums' name, description and add new forums within it. As well as this, they also could possibly drag the forum in and out of the archives forum set.

Regardless of all this, hosted mod forums should probably have to have criteria for their creation. Sort of "you must have a clearly laid out plan" for minor mods or "work must have started on the mod and you must have a team assembled" for more ambitious projects. Exceptions probably could be made for those that have worked on/managed a successful mod before. This would reduce the chance of mods existing that are purely ideological and almost impossible to create in practice.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-22-2009 at 12:01.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I have asked Tosa many times through PM and in public and nothing has been done. Thats ok, but when he responded and said yes...
    Hello pevergreen,

You asked what?

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I'm sure barocca used to do modding forum creation
    No, he couldn't.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The subforum in the Medieval 2: Total War mod subforums "warcraft for Medieval 2: total war" which has everything inside it soft deleted to stop people asking if it is happening, as it was canceled about 2 years ago or so.

Thanks for responding now at least We wuv you Tosa.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.