Thread: old forums

Default old forums

I am looking for some of the older iterations of the forum. pre 2004. I was looking on hte main forum page but had no luck finding a link. if someone could redirect me to the right place, i would appreciate it.
    indeed

Default Re: old forums

Try the internet archive:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

Post Re: old forums

Quote Originally Posted by nokhor View Post
    I am looking for some of the older iterations of the forum. pre 2004. I was looking on hte main forum page but had no luck finding a link. if someone could redirect me to the right place, i would appreciate it.
    It was, once upon a time, Ikonboard I believe. That was followed by vBulletin 3.0.x (I think that appeared around the 04 mark) and then v3.5.x. Right now, I think we are on v3.7.0 although it may have been upgraded to the next minor (security) release since then.

Before Ikonboard I'm not sure what the forum used - it looked to be a very simple thread/post system which lacked forums/subforums (it only having the one). Not sure whether that was deliberate or just a limitation of the software.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-22-2009 at 09:04.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

It is impossible not to imagine you as a very wise,frail, ancient old man with a white beard and spider webs all around you...

...a relic of the 14.400k time...

...granted undeath by the great god Tosa.

And here I though I was an old fart member in this forum.

I am sure we had sub forums pre-2004. I believe it used to be: Entrance Hall, Tavern (no front of back), Shogun and Medieval when I joined. It would be nice to be able to search and freak out on the nonsense we used to write in our younger years though (not that I have improved much).

Any chance of that oh great forum gods?
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

As far as I know:

Epsilon forums around 1999, which seemed to be a service like EZboard. There was only one forum.
    Early 2000, maybe late 1999, there was an own forum on this server. This was a very basic one without accounts.
    Then around April 2000 it changed to a board like PHPBB (not sure what it was though).
    Org changed host (?) late summer 2000 and we got UBB. That forum had pros and cons and we started to backup content as we already lost a lot (there wasn't an option really).
    Changed to Ikonboard in Fall 2002. For the first time we could convert the forumcontent to this new board.

UBB and Ikonboard are PERL forums, a very nice language, but PHP works faster.
    Changed to VBulletin during Summer 2003 and imported all forumtopics, including ones from backups that had to be prunned. Some server hiccups demanded a prune of the Backroom, those topics are still in backup.
    Ja mata

TosaInu