Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Post your Steam questions here!

Default Re: Help installing steam

has anyone thought of steam coming out with an empire 2? that was by far my favorite game but i wish they could expand it into africa and the german unification all the way up to world war 1

Default Re: Post your Steam questions here!

i have a question. how do you uninstal empire from steam? i don't see an option to uninstal the game. i need the space for S2TW. please help! i already bought the game, and i don't want to bring it back.
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

You can uninstall from your computer but the game is kept on steam so if you ever want to reload it is there. The game belongs to your account.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

i paid and downloded and installed the game The sims3 . But can not play anymore . it is said "unable to start the game, service intialization failed (0x024e424f)". and i installed and downloded again from steam, even try othe conputer to try.still cannt play.
    and sometimes it is said" steam error, this game is currently unavaliable, please try again another time". i don know why .plz help ..thx
    Last edited by mxmymz; 12-17-2011 at 01:30.

How long does a regular Steam Download take?? I've being downloading NTW and it tell me 7 hours. I have a speedy internet and dont understand why it would take so long!! Is there something wrong with my pc or is it steam??

You can try switching download servers. That can make a big difference.

I have never had one that slow. Also if it is an option it is best to use a DVD copy to load a game and let seam update the files when ever possible.

In the end it may be that your ISP was slow for some reason. With steam you can often get download speeds of 500 kbs.

I don’t know why yours was so slow.

Mark Twain

Default Re: kotor

Hello, I have a windows 7 laptop and today i have purchased and downloaded Star wars Knights of the old republic. for some reason every time i click on it to play it, the game says ''Star wars knights of the old republic has stopped working'' then it checks for a solution as to why it's not working.

But then it came up with changing my screen resolution to '1366 x 768' when that is already my screen resolution. And i have tried restarting my laptop but nothing has changed. Please help.

Thanks, Phillipa.

Try posting the problem down in the Hardware and Software area of the Forum.

Someone there may have some things you can try.

Mark Twain

I recently lost my internet connection for five days and was therefore was unable to play ETW and NTW. Now I understand why CA did this but it's a bit of a bugger to shell out for two games (upwards of £50) and not be able to play them.

Surely there must be a way to play these games if you have no internet.

I'm not holding my breath though.

nm. After trawling the net I found the answer.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...et-connection-!!!

Typical.

BTW Thanks Monk.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 01-09-2012 at 13:23.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Hola, te agradezco por la información.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567