Thread: Drum Sounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Drum Sounds

Well I've just started playing the demo and have noticed that when you zoom in close to an infantry section you can hear the drums playing. It's basically just a steady drumroll that the drummer keeps playing. Am I the only person who feels that the drum roll is a bit bland? I mean, couldn't they spice it up a bit by making the drummer play some sort of marching beat that isn't a continuous drumroll? I think it could go a long way as far as improving the game's ambience.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Default Re: Drum Sounds

Rifleman isn't have a problem with the sound being buggy; he's just saying that the drums are a little boring. I sort of agree - some tunes would be pretty cool. However, they'd probably get repetitive, too.

What bothers me more is that the units with a trumpeter only rarely have him play anything, but the animation has him always holding the trumpte to his mouth, which is weird.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    Rifleman isn't have a problem with the sound being buggy; he's just saying that the drums are a little boring. I sort of agree - some tunes would be pretty cool. However, they'd probably get repetitive, too.

What bothers me more is that the units with a trumpeter only rarely have him play anything, but the animation has him always holding the trumpte to his mouth, which is weird.

Okay i'm an idiot Carry on folks.

Thumbs down Re: Drum Sounds

I hope that gets fixed. I felt so let down when I saw the dude lift the trumpet to his mouth, only to let out soundless air.

EDIT: I have no problem with the drums, btw. I'm just glad they included them in the game at all. I do hope the Scots get bagpipes, though.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 02-22-2009 at 22:39.

Blog Entries

I didn't even notice any drummers or drum rolls

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    I didn't even notice any drummers or drum rolls
    Front of the line next to the officer and standard bearer. I hope they do add some bagpipes and trumpets too. Although considering there is a highlander unit and all the have is drums, makes me wonder if they aren't included.

Someone menttioned a trumpeter though, is that with the cavalry? I never noticed one with the infantry.

It would definetely be cool to hear some tunes while marching, not a constant drumroll. Still, either way it's pretty cool and might be changed with different units and the like