Thread: Demo Mods?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Demo Mods?

I have seen discussions of demo mods in other threads but no central place to look and see what they are.

The mods forum is taken up with only proposed mods for the game and doesn’t get as many viewers as here.

I have seen some say that an unpacked demo runs smoother than the normal.

I have seen some modifications to the Grenadier unit making it in the thousands, but what else is out there and how hard is it to find an unpacked version of the demo.

I still can’t get my land battle to work… do I need a new download or what is the glitch that doesn’t allow it to finish loading and move to the battle?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Default Re: Demo Mods?

If the battle doesn't load its probably your machine. Mine can run the land battle okay if I turn all the graphics detail to the lowest possible, but can't successfully load the demo sea battle. From the specs given I know my comp is only barely passable, plus it's a laptop which is often a little worse for gaming for the same apparent specs. I'm hoping the full game will be a little more optimised such that I can play on low detail, or otherwise I'll wait till I upgrade my machine to play.

It is possible that your download got corrupted or something and downloading again will fix it, but that is unlikely. It is more likely a problem with your machine unfortunately. My load times were long for the land battle, but it got there eventually, so make sure you wait a long time.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

The land battle loaded twice for me and ran smoothly. It just won’t load again.

The sea battle is very smooth too. Not a jitter or a hitch. I checked my system and it is not being overworked. I still have some power to spare…less in graphics than processing but there is room in both.

As to Demo Mods…where do you find them?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

everything to do with demo modding is taking place at TWC.

You have to unpack the files (which generally decreases loading speeds after a few restarts of the demo) and mod it yourself. Few 'mods' are being released as people are just testing what they can do and having fun themselves. a few changes to the scripted battles are being done, such as playing as the americans etc. Just go have a look at TWC until the actual game comes out, then the fun will be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Since there is only a a week to the actual game release I doubt we will see many actual downloadable mods for the demo. Most modders will switch their attentions to the game proper, where they can really do some good .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

What they have done is fun and easy to do, i've never done any modding before and i can follow their instructions.

Beane, i like your powers combined sig! Together we acheive more!
    ...whoever commands the ocean, commands the trade of the world, and whoever commands the trades of the world, commands the riches of the world, and whoever is master of that, commands the world itself..

"... it is a good thing to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others." Voltaire, Candide.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006556106