Thread: Roman save game

Default Roman save game

Hello
    I just got a huge Ctd on my current romani campaign and can't load any one of the files, so i'd really apprechiate it if someone could post me a save game of aroun 220-230 bc,for BI.exe?
    thx in advance

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Default Re: Roman save game

If this could be of any use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    I've got a Romani savegame 198 BC.

Look at the faction progress thread for a sreenshot from 202.
    In the meantime I've driven Macedon back a little further.
    I also have North Africa and Numidia.

So it's not fairly hisorical, but you can easily retreat from Africa.

Every faction is still alive (and kicking except for KH, which is only just alive).

I am using the City Mod so expect very underdeveloped cities. It should be save game compatible.
    I've made some minor changes but all should work with vanilla EB1.2.
    I've got all the fixes installed.

Do you want me to upload?
    Romani save winter 198BC: info see supra.

http://www.axifile.com?1381952

At war with : Kart-Hadast and Makedonia
    Alliances : Pontos

Edit: screeny
    SPQR 202 BC

Last edited by Mediolanicus; 02-25-2009 at 19:17.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Yes, that's almost the same expansion i had in mine, exept with less territories in iberia. Thx mediolanicus!

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

You're welcome. It's BI.exe too btw (although that doesn't matter).

Feedback is always welcome.

What do you mean by feedback?
    Also would you please give me a copy of export_descr_unit.txt please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    What do you mean by feedback?
    Also would you please give me a copy of export_descr_unit.txt please?
    I mean telling me how you liked it, if it worked fine and all that.

EB 1.2 changes the EDU IIRC. So just run your EB 1.2 installer again.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend johnhughthom's Roman save game from the save game thread.

Historical expansion, 240 BCE (I think he saved just after getting the Polybian reforms and disbanding almost everything). Not sure why so many FM died in the previous year or two, but since it's set up with Type 4s in non-homeland regions, there's no lack of governors and generals. Tons of income, Rome is at peace for a while, and the player has plenty of room to take the game in whatever direction they desire. I'm in 197 now, and my only regret is not prioritizing Plebeian marriages earlier, since everyone in the family tree is Patrician and thus less likely to be Popularis...

Keep an eye on AI activity in Mesopotamia, I've had to aggressively interfere to keep the Yellow Death from eating the eastern half of the map. But that's a danger in most games, anyway. I've found teleporting Ptolemaic armies to Cyprus works well. If they have too much sealift capacity, teleport in some of those pointless Caspian Sea pirates.

The reason I didn't try Mediolanicus's save game is because I'd prefer not to be on the Danube so early. Taking Noricum is particularly impressive!

I took the Danube out of necessity. The Sweboz took the Alpine cities, even Noricum and were sending fullstacks at me. I had to push them back.

Makedonia was eating the Getai and I had to interfere there too.

If you like historical expansion, johnhughtom's save game sound like a good bet.

I was wondering if anyone had any baktrian or pontic save games of aroun 230 BC?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Lightbulb Re: Roman save game

Hmmm, that savegame thread should have stayed stickied. Anyway, you should do a Forum Search if you have not already done so. I remember a couple of such threads in the AAR/Guides sub-forum.

Yeah i went there but the only baktrian one they had was unavailable for download, it said so on the site.

Oh and mediolanicus i've started playing yours, but it shows that epeiros owns the region of numidia, but i own the town and it's on both the mini map and the campaign map, but i still see the region, plus it says I own crete but epeiros has Kydonia, weird.....
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 03-19-2009 at 23:09. Reason: merging double posts

Try deleting map.rwm (and starting EB afterwards via the EB shortcut, not via the trvial script).

Sorry abou that double post there, could someone maybe delete it?
    And Mediolanicus, i always start from the shortcut, I have no idea how to get the trivialscript to work. Oh and i will delete the file asap.
    P.S what about a baktrian or pontic savegame, anyone?

Hello?

Hellooooooooooooo? Why won't anyone answer? Ihave about 420 views but hardly any answers!
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 03-19-2009 at 23:09. Reason: merging triple posts

Perhaps you will have to make one for yourself.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well but that's why I'm asking, since i lost my old ones, and i had gotten pretty far ahead with'em i would like to not have to completely restart'em.......
    tell me if it's asking too much

Well i just tried to make a baktrian or pontic save of my own, but due to my tampering with some files i get a CTD whenever i try to create a new campaign, so please, does anyone have some seleucid, pontic,hay or baktrian saves?
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 03-19-2009 at 23:08. Reason: merging double posts

If you've made changes so that it crashes when you create a new campaign, how can you expect to be able to use anyone else's savegame successfully ?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Cyrus,

I have a Pontos savegame of 241 bc, VH/M if I remember correctly. Pontos has all of Mikra Asia and a major part of Levant. In war with Ptolemaioi and AS. File size 2,9 MB.

Or one more interesting - the same game, 260 bc, Pontos has almost all of Mikra Asia, without Pergamon and Nikaia plus Antiocheia. One full stack army near Antiocheia.

Please let me know how to send it to you.
    Last edited by polehammer; 03-19-2009 at 19:06. Reason: Addition

The normal way on forums is to use a free file hosting service like Axifile. Once you've uploaded it there, post the link here.

================
    ================

Yeeeeeeees! thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!
    all you have to do is check on bovi's signature and go to how to post a save game or something like that, it'll redirect you to a site (x-fire i'm not wrong) and with brows go to EB\saves and select it and upload it. after a while it will give you a url or something and post it here.
    again thank you very much.
    Oh and bovi, my already created saves work, i thought it was clear......
    Last edited by Cyrus; 03-19-2009 at 20:02.

OK (thanks Bovi).

Here are the links to my last December Pontos campaign. Note that these are not "cooked" optimized savegames or "historic expansion" (is this possible for Pontos?), rather standard campaign saves.

The history of early game conquest:
    1. Mazaka and AS cities in western Mikra Asia,
    2. Nearest eleutheroi (Ankyra, Sinope, Trapezous),
    3. Ptolemaioi cities in Mikra Asia, then Antiocheia.

Some campaign house rules used:
    - Cities development has always priority before units recruitment,
    - Always try to maintain happiness in all cities over 120% or 140% if possible with reasonable garrison,
    - In sieges always wait to starve out or sally,
    - Never retrain units - only merge if possible,
    - In a big army always have one unit of harmata drepanephora - they are battle winners for Pontos (not quite a house rule, I know)

Pontos 260 bc - Mikra Asia without Nikaia and Pergamon plus Antiocheia. One full stack army near Antiocheia, one small army on ship near Chersonesos.
    http://www.axifile.com?5124315

Pontos 241 bc - All Mikra Asia, majority of Levant. The game is in practice over at this point but you will have some big battles with AS and Ptolemaioi.
    http://www.axifile.com?7385744

Wow, thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Oh and bovi, my already created saves work, i thought it was clear......
    Well, yes. But if you've modded your EB significantly, there will be any number of changes that are savegame incompatible with the original EB, or whatever changes others have made, if any.

Case in point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus
    Oh and mediolanicus i've started playing yours, but it shows that epeiros owns the region of numidia, but i own the town and it's on both the mini map and the campaign map, but i still see the region, plus it says I own crete but epeiros has Kydonia, weird.....

================
    ================

Oh ok. anyway ireinstalled it and copied and pasted my old saves.