Thread: Moderation here.

Default Moderation here.

Why won't moderators ever respond to private messages? I've accrued like 4 points, all of them which were incorrectly applied, but moderators don't respond at all. Even the administrator, TosaInu isn't responding to PMs. When I posted on visitor messages asking for them to reply, they either delete it or systematically ignore it (Tosa even made a very rude response, "Fish need water"). This is conduct unbecoming of both moderators and Administrators, and it tells volumes of this site's character. So I ask in public, Monk, Martok, TosaInu, please respond to your private messages.

Post Re: Moderation here.

As for your question, I have no answer - warning points are not an AM's department - we are kept out of punishments and internal management choices. Good job really - give me a mod tool and I'd probably have turned the forums into rubble within a week.

All I can say is that the mods are busy and they may take time to respond. They may have lost the PM in their boxes - wanting to answer it when they have more time and then forgetting about it. I've uncovered ones six months old that I never got round to sorting out

I hope you get the answer you want though

All staff can see markers showing where a deleted post was BTW. Neither Monks, Martok nor Tosa have (soft) deleted any of your visitor messages lately - I can't find any records of you ever posting on Monk's profile. Maybe they didn't get submitted in that case?
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-27-2009 at 08:32.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Moderation here.

Moderators have always replied to my messages and reports
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

especially those ones. Martok and Monk are always friendly and helpful.

If they havent replied its because they cant, or shouldn't yet.

Tosa is very busy. With Tosa expect a week or so before any kind of response, and thats if you are being nice to him.

If you attack and/or insult mods in those PM's dont expect a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Everybody's pretty much wrapped it up.
    The Mods are helpful and Kind, they reply but be patient,
    I don't think Tosa deliberately trying to not reply.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    But if its insulting you won't get a reply

Tosa even made a very rude response, "Fish need water"

He'll be here all night, ladies and gentlemen.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"you chose the public path, also in a way that frustrated my nostrils."
    Last edited by pevergreen; 02-27-2009 at 08:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Don't with the guy who holds the ban hammer.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLMAO View Post
    Why won't moderators ever respond to private messages? I've accrued like 4 points, all of them which were incorrectly applied, but moderators don't respond at all. Even the administrator, TosaInu isn't responding to PMs. When I posted on visitor messages asking for them to reply, they either delete it or systematically ignore it (Tosa even made a very rude response, "Fish need water"). This is conduct unbecoming of both moderators and Administrators, and it tells volumes of this site's character. So I ask in public, Monk, Martok, TosaInu, please respond to your private messages.
    The record shows that both Moderators and the Administrator did respond (repeatedly) to your PM's - although, I guess, not to your satisfaction.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

The record shows that both Moderators and the Administrator did respond (repeatedly) to your PM's - although, I guess, not to your satisfaction.
    He's used to the TWC, where staffers are fair game to all kinds of abuse from members. It's only recently that measures have been introduced to protect them from flames, harassment, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites View Post
    All staff can see markers showing where a deleted post was BTW. Neither Monks, Martok nor Tosa have (soft) deleted any of your visitor messages lately - I can't find any records of you ever posting on Monk's profile. Maybe they didn't get submitted in that case?
    Hmm, perhaps, I remember posting a "you got mail" smiley on Monk's page, but my memory is hazy (must've been like 15 days ago) so perhaps I mismatched which. But since you can see soft deletes, I'll take your word.

And to others, no, my private messages weren't insulting, I didn't insult the members in question (I actually kinda like them). The private messages contained responses to infractions I received, debating for my argument. I do know that administrating and moderating a fairly large site is difficult (I have first hand experience of it), but that doesn't mean responses should be laid off for a month in the future, and it really doesn't take long to respond to a PM (about 10 minutes tops).

I never received a reply from Martok. Monk replied, but never to anything in my PM (despite me asking him more than twice). TosaInu replied saying how a specific moderator was good (I concured with him) but he didn't touch the infraction and didn't give the reason for it.

He's used to the TWC, where staffers are fair game to all kinds of abuse from members. It's only recently that measures have been introduced to protect them from flames, harassment, and more.
    Pann, pann, I'm not 'abusing' these moderators, if that's what your hinting, I just think if there's a reason for an infraction that it should be given.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Double-check your PM's received on 13 February 2009. Martok responded.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

You have received four replies from Monk, and one each from Martok and TosaInu. I am sorry if you did not like their responses, but Moderators will not continue to reply ad infinitum when they have said all that they feel like saying. Your situation was discussed, and the current state of your infractions was felt to be the proper one.
    Last edited by TinCow; 02-27-2009 at 17:13.