Grilled onions
    Ketchup
    Mayo
    Mustard
    Pickles
    Tomatoes
    Iceberg lettuce (I want it in my colon)
    Avocado.

Pita bread for a burger is a communist plot to overthrow America.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Default Re: Man Cooking

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Burgers sbould have the following:

A white bun
    Good meat
    Grilled onions
    Ketchup
    Mayo
    Mustard
    Pickles
    Tomatoes
    Iceberg lettuce (I want it in my colon)
    Avocado.

Pita bread for a burger is a communist plot to overthrow America.
    With everything but the avocados we are in agreement my friend! Damn those commies and their pita. :P
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

I like my man cooked to the point where he just turns black on the outside, that way he is crisp outside and not really raw in the center anymore.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    The greatest combinations are often the ones that are the most unlikely, for example strawberries and black pepper, or banana's with peanut butter, or boudin (which is a sausage made out of PIG'S BLOOD) with molases. The combination of sauerkraut balsimico and honey-mustard is perfection clear and simple.
    I once had icecream that was strawberry and spanish pepper-flavored and it was the best and weirdest icecream ever, hot and cold at the same time.

As far as mancooking goes, I can bake eggs and drink beer. Doesn't get much manlier than that.

Also, I now need to know how to make marmite cake.
    Wheel down, wheel down to southward! Oh, Gooverooska, go!
    And tell the Deep-Sea Viceroys the story of our woe;
    Ere, empty as the shark's egg the tempest flings ashore,
    The Beaches of Lukannon shall know their sons no more!

Rudyard Kipling, Lukannon

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    With everything but the avocados we are in agreement my friend! Damn those commies and their pita. :P
    I actually find the avos quite appealing. But maybe it's the time i spent in South Africa. They eat avos with everything.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Why are we propagating the stereotype that men cannot cook?

It is not difficult guys. Learn...

...and no, giving a piece of cow second degree burns is not considered cooking
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post

lol, no one is saying guys cannot cook, it is just that most guys do not/do not know how to. :P Lighten up, lol. And I will have to disagree with you, giving a piece of cow second degree burns IS cooking.

Anyway, I got a genuine man dish that I like to make to go along with watching TV when I have to time.

Vuk's TV Manly Meal - by Vuk

Ingredients:
    4 potatoes
    4-8 fillets of fish (I usually use pollack out of season, or whatever I can catch in season )
    A bag of potato chips
    A stick of butter
    4 eggs
    2 Louis Rich Turkey Hot dogs
    (optional: A six pack )

Ok, here is how it goes. First, empty half the potato chips out and crunch them up into little pieces. Next, beat the eggs up in a bowl and coat the fish in the egg. Then roll the wet fish in the pieces of potato chips. (ok, it's redneck, bite me :P) Put the fish in a skillet that is well coated with butter on a low heat. Cube the potatoes and slice the hotdogs into 1/4 inch slices. Put these in another well buttered skillet and stir em up. When everything has cooked, take the fillets out and slap em on a plate, then dump the potatoes and hot to the side. Sit down in front of your TV with that in one hand and a can on beer in the other.
    Breading fish with potato chips may sound weird, but it is really good. :P Also, you do not need to salt the fish when you do it. The hotdogs and potatoes make it a full meal.

Enjoy,
    Vuk
    Last edited by Vuk; 03-01-2009 at 07:24.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

You ve made me really really curious with your potato chips idea. I m tempted to try it (when my wife is away so she doesn't make fun of me)
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

You ve made me really really curious with your potato chips idea. I m tempted to try it (when my wife is away so she doesn't make fun of me)
    lol, it works really well. The trick is to make sure that you do not singe the breading when you cook it, and that you do not make it too soggy. They should form a nice crusty breading that has lots of nice flavor.
    It is totally a man meal, you gotta try it.

Quote Originally Posted by the tokai View Post
    Also, I now need to know how to make marmite cake.
    This is the best version of the recipe I could find on the net. The one I originally saw didn't have cheese and had the marmite baked into the cake rather than as a topping. It was contained in a brand name food cookbook my shop was selling last year.

I love Marmite. I cook with Marmite occasionally. Marmite cake is just wrong.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Rösti FTW. Nothing beats fried potato and bacon.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

You know you want it :drool:

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

This is not about cannibalism? What a dissapointment...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    This is not about cannibalism? What a dissapointment...
    Of course not, who would cook a human? They are best raw.

Haven't posted some good man recipes in a while, so here is one to get your chest hair growing:

Vuk's Jack Daniels Mutton Delight -By Vuk

Ingredients:

A large piece of sheep's leg (You can use different parts of the leg, or, if you are like me, you will just slice it, seperate it, fold it, and cook it all at once )
    A bottle of whatever Jack Daniels you got on stock (duh)
    Olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    4 cloves of garlic (To appreciate the importance of garlic and olive oil you would have to be Italian )
    2 onions
    5 potatoes (I am not sure where I got my potato fetish from, it must be the Italian. I know for sure that is why I like to use so much alcohol in my cooking :P)

Instructions:
    Pour half a bottle of the good stuff (not olive oil, the other good stuff) into a bowl and then put the mutton in the bowl. Let it sit like that (turning the mutton every half hour to and hour) for 4-5 hours.

Use a little olive oil to GENTLY grease the inside of a large baking pan. Pour the Daniels from the bowl in, then put the meat into the center. Salt the meat, pepper the meat. Slice the onions and garlic up, and put them into the sauce and some on the meat. Poke the potatoes with a fork and put them on THE OVEN RACK (not in the pan). Put the pan into the oven and roast its ***. (remember to baste it as it is cooking. When it is done, take its *** out of the oven, put it on a plate with you potatoes (which can be buttered and eaten), strain onions and garlic out of (what should now be somewhat of a sauce) the mixture, and decorate your meat with them. Cut the sucker up eat it. If you do not finish it in one sitting, you are not a man. :P

*WARNING* Taste reaaally goooood *WARNING*

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Real men cook with whisky.

So here is my salad

Whisky makes for an exellent dressing with molasses, it's absolutely fantastic on goat cheese with a few pistache-nuts. Mix with whatever I use rucolla and something I have no idea of how to translate it but it's so very basic.

Yummie.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Mix with whatever I use rucolla and something I have no idea of how to translate it but it's so very basic.

Yummie.
    The Brits call it Garden Rocket, and in the U.S. it's arugula.

For some reason people kept calling Obama an arugula eater. I don't know how that's an insult, the stuff is great! It has a sharper and smokier flavor than most salad greens.

What's the other thing?

My kingdom for a .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12