Thread: Unit Preview: The Mayans

Default Unit Preview: The Mayans

The Mayans

My father once said that warriors with a knowledge of their heritage will never disappoint. My father was a wise man and his words are truth. In verity, my people have a noble heritage, mighty and terrible. And in the coming struggle they must not disappoint. I pray they do not.
    The coming of the white men saw the destruction of our forces, magic aiding their efforts against us. Now we possess only two cities, our last bastions of defense in the jungles of the Yucatan, the Itza polity of Tayasal and city of the Ko'woj, Zacpeten. If we are to ever recover our former glory, it is from these jungles that we must strike. That will be your responsibility, my king, Tohat Kan of the Maya. You must lead us against the white manbeasts, driving them into the sea from which they spawned. Come with me as we review the warriors who will follow your standard into battle.
    Our men are divided into two groups: Our professional, standing army of the Holcanes.
    Holkane Ch’uhul lutok’a (Holcane Spearmen)

Holkane Ah Tz’on(Holcane Archers)

Holkane Ch’ak Baat (Holcane Axemen)

Holkane Hul Che(Holcane Spearthrowers)

And the villagers, the ill-trained Kab Ob of the Maya. Pray the gods that you never must lean upon these men in the fray.
    Kab Ob (Kab Ob Villagers)

Kab Ob T’zon ( Kab Ob Hunters)

Thy bodyguards pass before us, the Ko'hawa Ch'uhul lutok'a, the spear-wielding nobles of the Maya. These are the best troops at thy command, my lord, but they are few in number and independent of mind. Rule them well and lead them bravely, or you might be the first to fall.
    Ko'hawa Ch'uhul lutok'a(Mayan Noble Spearmen)

So go forth, my lord, go forth in strength and may the gods be with you! Drive the invaders into the sea!
    Last edited by Theodotos I; 02-27-2009 at 19:19.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Default Re: Unit Preview: The Mayans

It's a shame that not many people visit this subforum, this mod is going great, how will victory conditions be handled? Will you do what EB did and give a large specific area?
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    It's a shame that not many people visit this subforum, this mod is going great, how will victory conditions be handled? Will you do what EB did and give a large specific area?
    You ask good questions. That will be handled on a faction-by-faction basis, so don't fear the 50 provinces and "Insert Name" city of vanilla. As for the details, they've not been worked out yet.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

As i said before great work. I think that if you keep up like this every one who will look at this mod will surely be very interested in it. I do not have any skills in skinning or something else what is needed for modding. Otherwise i would try to be on the crew.
    Fantastic mod
    Things as they say can only go better, sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Germaan View Post

As i said before great work. I think that if you keep up like this every one who will look at this mod will surely be very interested in it. I do not have any skills in skinning or something else what is needed for modding. Otherwise i would try to be on the crew.
    Fantastic mod
    Thanks. We will keep up like this.

It's really nice to see great progress. Stunning units.
    Last edited by The Fuzz; 03-03-2009 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    It's really nice to see great progress. Stunning units.
    Thanks, good to see ya.

This looks to be really interesting, keep it up!