Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your strategy (For those of us who are really bored and think others care)

Default Your strategy (For those of us who are really bored and think others care)

So if your truly bored (like yours truly) and think others care about what you say (yours truly) this post is for you :)

We have alot of info now, maps, screens, ideas, turns, etc, etc. While you can't predict what will happen, you can have a good idea where you start, who you can attack, starting relations, and the technology tree.

So...

What is your strategy at the start?

This can be as simple as, War with Frace

to an elborate turn by turn, province by province, layout of how your empire will expand.

Obviously things will happen you can't predict but if you've looked at the maps you probably have some ideas. So let's hear them :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your strategy (For those of us who are really bored and think others care)

As Britain I will probably take out the Netherlands first just so they dont get any ideas about invading and then bribe a couple of germanic states to harrass the french while I try to subtly decimate spains economy, quite how I'm not sure I'm not familiar with what exactly you can do in the games diplomatic process. If that goes pear shaped I'l try to get pressure off me by getting everyone to assault a common enemy (ottomans/Barnaby States)
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-01-2009 at 12:44.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Your strategy (For those of us who are really bored and think others care)

Play as the Ottamans, play defensively whilst I tech up, then try to ally with the Indian factons/Other factions to my rear (as well as Prussia if I can-no reason, I just like prussia) then pick off small isolated European nations.
    Or play as the UK and go on a colony splurge.
    That, or if i'm feeling suicidal ill pre-enact World War 1 and take on Russia, France, Austria, Sweden and the UK as Prussia

In the past games you could use assassins to sabotage buildings.

This game supposedly there is a method of hiring pirates, though it's been only lightly touched upon in the reviews.

Those are the only subtle ways I know. There is a diplomatic option to attack faction in return for something, but in past I rarely found any nation would actually then attack said faction. So hopefully this time if I ask they will actually attack.

I'm not just bored but getting a bit frustrated (I'm building a new system for ETW, my new graphics card is one week late and my current setup can't even handle the demo). Lurking didn't cheer me up so I though I join in.

Ever since I first heard that Sweden would be a playable faction I've been thinking about what Charles XII did wrong (a lot) and what could be done to preserve and extend the Swedish Empire.

The first AAR shows that The Great Nordic War (1700-1721) isn't a scripted starting point and can be avoided. My strategy is therefore to try to stay friendly or contain all neighbouring states except Denmark; they had their fun in M2TW - it's time for them to get taste some Swedish steel.

But before I start carving out a Nordic empire for myself I'll secure the eastern border (Russia must under no circumstances be allowed to establish a Baltic port) and support Prussia as a proxy or ally against Poland. If Russia can be kept isolated and backwards they will pose little threat as long as I don't play to their strengths (ie march on Moscow in wintertime). I'll keep my armies close to the coast using the Baltic sea as internal lines of communication. I may need to fight the Poles but will not try to capture polish territory - I'll leave that to Prussia. I'll stay clear of quarrels over Polish succession and my armies out of the Ukraine.

Once the east is secured with fortifications and militia I'll throw every man and ship I can spare at Copenhagen, keep a sizeable army there and move on to capture Norway and Iceland.

I'll focus on trade early and send trading fleets to Brazil and Indonesia asap. I expect my main trading partners to be the Dutch and the British and will avoid direct colonial competition with them. The French possessions in current Canada looks tempting though, as does some of the Spanish islands in the Caribbean.

My hoped for end state is a prestige victory in 1799 with a North Atlantic empire under Swedish rule and an allied Prussia controlling all the Germanies to the south.
    ETW campaigns:

I'm still uncertain as to who will I truly play first, but most likely it's going to be Spain.

For the early game, some first 10-20 turns I'll try to reform Spain. I'll research all sorts of military technologies, build a large navy, erect forts nearby longer-term borders and province capitals. Slowly prepare for a war with France, both in the Old and New Worlds.

Before I strike at France, however, one thing must be done. My newly equipped armies will stomp all over the United Provinces, leaving them with a single province in India (Ceylon, wasn't it?). Eventually I'll get that, but not now. Curacao will also obviously have to go, as will Jamaica of the British. Then I'll try to make peace with the United Kingdom, and ally with many of the German and Italian States. Austria would be a desired ally, considering they're further away and don't have much of a navy to backstab me with.

After alliances are made, and I establish Spain as a respected, modern kingdom (supress any possible revolts of the peasants that may come from technologies), war with France will have to follow. I'll try to tip them off into invading me themselves, and prepare armies along the Pyreenes. As soon as France announces war, my troops will march in from Spain and the Netherlands, and my armies in the New World will, hopefully with help of the natives, try to seize the colonies of France. If the French refuse to declare war, I'll just find some reason to do it myself, but I trust the AI won't be able to keep quiet long after I start poking it with a stick.

If everything goes well, Britain will not try to side with France due to old grudges, and the German and Italian States will help me. I intend to ravage southern France for a bit, distracting their armies from the north, or at least dividing them up for easier handling, and then march in from the Netherlands, heading directly for Paris. My navy will blockade each and every port it can find on the shore of France; each fleet will have a small number of troops with them, which will leave the ships now and then to pillage some farms/villages and generally distract the French. As soon as my army is within striking range of Paris (with artillery aplenty, of course), it'll besiege the city and wait for the southern army and the combined raiding forces to arive and help out. If all goes well, I should boot France down right there and then. Huge garissons will be needed, of course, but I'll try to hang on to France, or at least make it my protectorate if I judge they'll resist too much.

Meanwhile, in the New World my armies will act more as raiding parties. Hopefully the indians will aid me, and I'll be able to conduct joint attacks against the French colonies, swiftly disappearing before they can strike back. I'll just exhaust France there until either Paris is taken or they accept their new position as my protectorate. If Paris is taken, I'll punch through their pitiful defenses and proclaim it to be the lands of the Most Holy King of Spain. Then, in the spirit of treacherous evil spaniards, I'll backstab the indians save maybe for the largest tribe or the tribe that helped me most.

Most likely the Brittish won't want to be keeping quiet then, as I may grow too powerful for their liking. If war breaks out, I intend to form a second Grand Armada, only a succesful and modernized one. Should all go well, I'll annihilate their navy in a series of battles, then incite rebellions in Scotland and Ireland, and force them to be my protectorate at the point of the sword. The colonies will be subjected to the same treatment as the French ones, except instead of leaving them if the Brittish become my protectorate, I'll try to incite rebellion and the emergence of the Thirteen Colonies (providing they're not there anyway, if they are I'll just let them be there). The Thirteen Colonies, however, will be closely monitored so as not to get too powerful.

By then, I'll probably just sit back and watch things unfold, playing God. If Austria gets too close to extinction, I'll rush to their aid and beat the Ottomans with a stick a bunch. Probably I'll unite Italy, too, and then poke the German states and hopefully make them fight each other. Naval supremacy in the Medditeranean will also be my goal - I'll root out the Barbary Pirates, raiding their cities a few times, and squash the Empire of Fez and Morocco yelling 'HEEEAAATHEEEEENS'. Eventually I'll sail over to India to beat the remainder of the United Netherlands up, and establish a colony there, possibly take over the Portuguese one and generally wipe Portugal out. Then I'll watch the fun wars around.

Blog Entries

Hello Grapeshot welcome to the ORG (and the club my pc still hasnt gotten back form the technicians)

Oh and congrats on figuring out both non/Url avatars on your first post.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-01-2009 at 14:17.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I'll probably play as the United Kingdom on my first go. My first priority would be to ally the United Provinces, because Spain and France probably won't like me. I might then just sit back for a few years, upgrading my economy and better equiping my military. Instead of conquering parts of Europe, I'll try to expand in North America, or perhaps India (preferably India).

Beyond that, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll just have to see how it all unfolds.

I plan to play as Austria

My starting strategy is going to focus on military technology, calvary. I am going to work to have the most forceful calvary in europe, if not the world. Other technologies I will gather through trade and esponage but the key will be to make sure Prussia does not surpass me (only nation who could I think.)

My starting goal is mutli layered (Yes I have to much time) Depending on which front.

The West: England, France, Spain
    (The Old boys club)

I am not truly in a position to compete with any of them. I hestiate becoming to friendly with Spain, only because they hold one or two central german provinces. Which if I cannot convince them to trade I will be forced to take by force.

England will be kept as Allies, and gentlemen sent at every chance to steal naval secrets. If war breaks out it does, as england would have to go through France to truly compete.

Despite years of bad blood a trade agreement and some gifts will have to go to France, they are to large to keep as a foe and hold the other front. I am more then willing to send the Rakes I have to try and incite rebellions. They seem rebellious in nature so this should not be to difficult.

This front will be barely maintained, the lighest of garrisons, and I'll take what comes.

Central: German Provinces, Prussia, Netherlands, and Italy

The quickest way to crush Prussia or get them out of my hair is to take Berlin. To do that I need to make sure the smaller Saxony provinces north of the Alps belong to me. Through trade or force. This will require a army. The 1st Austrian Regiment. Thier goal will be to wipe out the smaller no name nations, and inevitably move to take Berlin. They will be given techonlogies I have but will only be reinforced when they get closer to Berlin.

With berlin taken, Poland now stands between me and Prussia. With some diplomacy Prussia becomes a protecorate. The prussian king will bow

I am willing to make a alliance with the Dutch, if only due to strong trade and aid in other colonial theatres.

Once prussia is kept it will be lightly defended, and serve mainly as reinforcements for the West, relying on alps to convince italy to stay in italy.

The East: Sweden, Russia, Poland-Lith
    The new boys club

This is the diplomatic theatre. I simply do not have neough troops to offer anything beyond miltia to this front. I will ally with Sweden and try to convince Russia and Poland to go at it (should not be difficult given the history.) I will side with whoever seems the weaker in hopes of turning the tide at my choosing. Should my choice fall, I will rush what is left of the 1st to aid, but the fighting should leave them wounded enough.

The Far East: Malta, Ottomans, and Barbary States
    Playing with the big boys now

Ottomans and I are going to go to war. That is inevitable. All the more reason to try and turn my other regions into financial centers rather then war centers that will inevitably hold against the Ottomans.

The war will be brutal and require two armies. The 2nd and the 3rd. The 2nd's goal is to punch into the Ottomans and burn everything they can. I don't want to try and rule Ottoman lands, I want to convince them to back off. The 3rd will serve as a sail and landing army should the Ottomans break through the second. This war will prove costly but hopefully raiding will serve to reaqquire funds.

With a strong alliance with malta (giving them whatever they ask for) I should be able to convince the Ottomans to see folly in thier choice.

The Colonies:

India:
    (the power that could be)

India's only interest to me is a viable trade option to England and the United Provinces. I am going to try and take some or one of it's islands. A small deatchment of the 1st, after Prussia is taken care of will be sent to try and establish a small foothold.

Should they fail, those numbers will be resupplied in Europe.

North America: New France, 13 Colonies, New Spain
    (The power that will be.)

I have no interest in seeing the 13 colonies rise to rival my own power, but I also have no wish to see England rule with a iron fist. Thus a careful game of diplomacy is needed. Allowing the 13 colonies to revolt but never truly win.

To do this I will take Florida. This will be done with small detachment of the second and third once they are done with the Ottomans in 20 years. With flordia secure they will take Cuba. These should prove almost priceless provinces when England and the Colonies go at it. I may even trade them to France if the price is right. Which leads me to

Trade Theatres

Africa: West and East

This area truly holds little to no interest for me. I may pay local pirates to keep it a lawless zone. If I don't want it why should anyone else trade there?

Australia Trade Zone:

This is to be a trade zone, and hopefully set up some lucrative foreign goods. This will only be done through trade as I have no interest in sending a army or detachment.

The Carribean (My prize)

In case your wondering where all that naval tech I stole is going, right here. A ship may go to india, and one ship may go to NA, but two entire fleets are sailing to the carribean. I will strangle spain, england, and france.

Two armies, the fourth and fifth will be sent.

The initial goal is to conquer any rebel provinces and drive out or rule the pirates.

I will trade florida and cuba to whoever gives me more for it (Spain or France), then offer what I need to aqquire the rest of the lands.

England will be given what I hold in India for it's islands, along with technologies and trade. Again whatever they want short of calvary technology. Whatever is left of England I will incite to rebel and then take myself.

Whoever is left, France or Spain, will be forced to deal with Fourth and Fifth, along with pirates, and whatever resources I can gather from the local islands I conquer.

With the carribean mine I will charge hefty fees to make nations pass through without pirate attacks.

So in retrospect:

1st Regiment=Prussia-India
    2nd Regiment=Ottomans (Punch through)-Florida/Cuba
    3rd Regiment=Ottomans (Raiding/Aid Malta)-Florida/Cuba
    4th Army=Carribean (Secure)
    5th Army=Carribean (Assault)

1st Expeditionary Force: Ottomans(Aid Malta)
    2nd Expeditionary Force: (Split): India/ North America
    3rd Fleet/4th Fleet=Caribeean

Of course this may go to crap, but that's the idea :)
    Last edited by Polemists; 03-01-2009 at 14:49.

Second campaign- Sweden (Yes, I have a lot of time too, and you all are probably going to start hating me soon, but ehh...)

Starting out, I'll try and give myself an edge in military technology. Navy I'll largely neglect in favor of land forces. Artillery is going to be my focus on this campaign. Initially, I'll probably be ganged up on by Denmark-Norway, Russia and Poland-Lithuania. Gentlemen will be sent to Poland-Lithuania to steal their farming techs (I asume Pol-Lith is going to have better farming than most, IIRC they (we) exported the most grain in Europe at one point).

Three main armies will be raised for the first phase of the campaign. One in Sweden, one in Estonia/Latvia (after I swiftly stomp Courland), and one in Finland. The Finland army will spend most of the time harassing Russia's borders. It'll be broken up into smaller forces, however won't stray far from the borders so as not to be pinned down by larger Russian forces. Ideally, it won't have to engage in larger battles, except perhaps destroying wandering smaller forces.

The Livonian army will focus on Poland-Lithuania. I don't expect to be able to outmatch their Winged Hussars one on one, so I'll have to rely on keeping them away from my cavalry with artillery, hopefully my trump card after I put money into it. It'll bear the brunt of the war's first phase, and I expect them to become veterans soon. Just like the Finland army, I don't intend them to wander off further away from the borders, although they may get into striking range of Vilnius just to threaten the Commonwealth into a brief peace to allow me some breathing space.

Emissaries will be sent to the Crimean Khanate, which I hope won't die as easily as it did in the Prussian report. If things go well, the Khanate will at least distract the Pol-Liths from a major invasion.

The Sweden army will deal with Denmark-Norway. Hopefully, they won't do very well in the war, and will sign a peace treaty after I take Norway. A watchful eye will be kept on Copenhagen nevertheless, in the form of a chain of forts along the south-western coast of Sweden. Once this is done, new units will be raised to garisson those forts, and the main army will be shipped over to aid the Livonian army.

Then, the second phase of the war will begin. The Finland army will cease raiding Russian borders, and instead focus on eliminating any force that comes close to Finland, generally acting defensively and rarely leaving Finland. In the meantime, I hope to attain Prussia's help in the war, and then march against Pol-Lith with our combined armies.

After razing a few of the major Pol-Lith settlements, I'll push for a peace treaty and possibly the status of my protectorate for Pol-Lith. This'll leave only Russia in the war. I'll divert Prussia from attacking me out of boredom too by gifting them some settlements that'd border the Germanies, hopefully giving them enough of a push towards trying to united Germany, which'd lead to a war with Austria.

If everything went well, the Russians will still be backwards and not much of a threat. I'll try to drag them into several larger battles nearby my borders, and try to destroy their army without having to march deeper into their territory. Then, once they've been beaten up enough, I'll propose peace. A chain of forts will be erected along my border with Russia, and I'll make sure any attempt to attack me will seem daft.

After this, I'll focus on advancing my nation, eventually turning it into a republic. Probably I'll build one decent navy for policing the Baltic, and a small force to garisson Ceylon, which I intend to purchase from the Dutch.

Thank you Greyblades, nice to be here.
    ETW campaigns:

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Polemists

You will have to come back on the 6th and tell us how it all worked out.

That is a detailed plan. I hope you get your game in a timely manner.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Well I'm still a couple months away from having a computer that can play Empire, but when I can...

Step 1: Unlock all factions
    Step 2: Pick a First Nations faction
    Step 3: ???????
    Step 4: Profit!!!

I'm thinking either the Inuits or the "Plains tribes" (which I will swiftly rename)
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

The Inuit are a faction???

What are they going to do? Drive dog sleds and take potshots?

I assume the Northern Native faction must be the Cree or something...
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

The inuit are the faction next to Newfoundland.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Oh good god, why?

If it is the Inuit, I will rip my hair out.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

let's see...I figure I'll look at custom battles for a while to decide which faction I liike most(which has nice units, strengths and weaknesses etc.) Then I'll play that faction in the campaign defensively, tech up, and kind of make my own little kingdom with other nations bickering over land while I defend myself or go on a campaign to gain some more land

I intend to (role)play as the United Provinces (Netherlands).

main Strategy

I will focus my efforts first on reclaiming Flanders from Spain. I will endeavor to make and keep an alliance with France and one of the eastern-eruopean powers (Poland, Russia, Prussia).
    I expect intermittent conflict with the English as our commercial interests will no doubt clash.

Flanders will be my only territorial ambition within Europe; I will focus my conquest elsewhere, in the East, of course becoming obscenely wealthy by doing so.

The overall focus will be on profit, with the east (Asia) to colonize and the west (Americas) for trading (and plundering the odd Spanish treasure fleet of course).

Navy

The purpose of my fleets is to protect my own trading interests, and to disrupt those of my enemy.

Third-rates and Fifth-rates will form the mainstay of my fleets.
    There is no need for bigger, more flashy ships; Value for Money is what I want from my vessels, leave the imposing but inefficient first-rates for those nations wallowing in their own glory... I'll just take the cash.

Commerce raiding will be carried out by fifth-rate frigates, while stronger fleets of mixed third-rate and fifth-rate ships will protect my own ports and shipping.

Army

A quite small, but highly professional standing army in europe, equipped to the highest standard money can buy.
    This will be supplemented by a huge warchest to finance mercenaries in times of war.

For my colonial enterprises, a flexible force will be called for that can exploit any opportunities that come my way. I do not intend to carry out any large scale invasions against well organized opponents, more of an opportunistic approach is called for.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I will be playing as Britain for my first game.

I don't plan on becoming involved on the continent until I've estalished a very strong colonial empire. I'll spend the first few turns consolidating my economy, getting it ready to mobilise and maintain some armies, and putting down any Irish or Scottish revolts should they arise (yay I love that last part). I'll try to develop trade links, espcially with Protestant nations (United Provinces, Prussia etc), that way its easier to use those relations to form alliances if necessary. Once I can afford the upkeep of a decent army and navy, I'll send my men over to my American colonies (I do start with some don't I?), and then consolidate the rest of the US from there, taking out the native tribes one by one and grabbing the land before Spain gets any ideas. After that's done, I'll take out Canada, going to war with the French if they own Quebec. After the US is consolidated, I'll go to focus on India, using a large navy and small but elite armies to get control of the coastal regions, fortifying them with regional mercenaries. Once I have the east and western coasts of India, I'll slam into the heart of the country from both sides, hopefully taking the Maratha Empire and perhaps the Mughals out of the game completley. By this time I should be able to afford more forces, so I'll send some to Africa to expand my empire there, taking on colonial powers in necessary, while advancing into the Middle East from India. Once I win those wars the only real colonial power will be Spain, so I'll storm Mexico from the north, sending reinforcements from Britain to Island-hop round the Caribbean, while my main navy will gather men from Africa/the Middle East, and go into Spain itself. Once that war is won, then the rest of Europe should fall easily enough.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    I will be playing as Britain for my first game.
    Sup, fellow redcoat.

I'd like to leave Europe alone, but the War of Spanish Succession is looming at the beginning, according to the nation descriptions. A French/Spanish alliance could be problematic for our New World colonies.

My first move, therefore, shall be to build an anti-French alliance, hopefully with the Prussians and Dutch. With the French put in their place, I can concentrate on establishing my mighty trade empire. The rest of you can rule on land, but Britannia shall rule the waves!

I dont know much about the united provinces even though they are my neighbouring country, i am not so sure what to expect from their army but by the looks of it they will have a rather weak military on the ground but instead they will be a strong naval power boasting a healthy economy.

I rather have a disciplined army under my command and no doubt the english will have that advantage over the other nations.Untill i learn more from the united provinces i will surely choose to play england first.

I will first try to gain some powerfull allies in central europe, any nation will do except france.I will try to keep hostilities in central europe to a minimum and focus my main attention on to the american colonies.1 defensive army will be needed in central europe while 2 armies will be sent into the american campaign trying to secure as many assets as possible.From there it all depends on who else will meddle in my affairs.In any case i will focus my main attention outside europe and when the time is right europe will eventually fall.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He who defends everything defends nothing.

I generally have small city garrisons, which can put up a good fight if needed to keep an enemy away, backed up with a couple of really powerful strong forces which counter-attack any advances, decimating their army, then reclaim land and advance into their weakened terrority as start training of another large army and shuffle around my forces so they aren't able to counter my counter offensive against them.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

I'm going to put all my rifles on melee and pretend like it's still Medieval 2.

I'll be sure to have fraps on during my austria campaign and take some screens and video.

That said, it's on low-med so don't expect high quality lol.

As for second campaign, I considered Sweden or Russia but usually it depends somewhat on my first campaign. If I end up really hating a nation I find it hard to play them in the future.

I didn't play milan for months of mtw2 only do to my loathing anger towards them

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    I'll be sure to have fraps on during my austria campaign and take some screens and video.

That said, it's on low-med so don't expect high quality lol.

As for second campaign, I considered Sweden or Russia but usually it depends somewhat on my first campaign. If I end up really hating a nation I find it hard to play them in the future.

I didn't play milan for months of mtw2 only do to my loathing anger towards them
    I never played as Milan. Just couldn't bring myself to do it . I might find it hard playing as the US, given that they stole 'Major faction' status from Portugal. *Shakes fist* I'll get you yet America!

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Poor portugal, they always get the short end of the stick and whether CA next does a 19th era game, asia game, or rome game, I don't think portugal will be in it.

Perhaps someday portugal, perhaps someday.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    I never played as Milan. Just couldn't bring myself to do it . I might find it hard playing as the US, given that they stole 'Major faction' status from Portugal. *Shakes fist* I'll get you yet America!

Oh yes, that makes perfect sense! Blame the faction because some one decided on only 12 major factions…

The 8 13 Colonies! I am sure you can find others to hate too…until the only faction you play is ol’ John Bull…

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Actually since i'll be playing Austria off the bat, and probably spending most of my time fighting off Prussia and Ottomans neither will be high on my list to play till the end.

Spain and France will be high on my list, as will Sweden, Pol-Lith, and Russia. United provinces maybe..if they arn't to much like denmark was (to easy). India dosnt hold much interest but may be different.

We shall see
    Last edited by Polemists; 03-02-2009 at 13:22.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Oh yes, that makes perfect sense! Blame the faction because some one decided on only 12 major factions…

The 8 13 Colonies! I am sure you can find others to hate too…until the only faction you play is ol’ John Bull…

There are plenty of other things to blame on that pacticular faction . But seriously I will probably give every single faction a whirl. Including the minor ones once mods make them playable.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    I'm going to put all my rifles on melee and pretend like it's still Medieval 2.
    I found myself doing that a lot in the Brandywine Battle, it's going to be a tough habit to break...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast