Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus: Total War

Default Re: Spartacus: Total War

Well, it can be done, but think, would one have the time or space to do all that in the midst of a big battle, with thousands of people in it? It worked fine in 1 on 1 but not in anything else, so I imagine spartacus got rid of the nets of his comrads. It is my assumption they would also drop the trident, as it is an expensive, not-so-manuverable yet more exciting version of the lance; and get a normal spear IMO. Still i'm not shure.
    Anyway about your origin it's because of the title of 1 of your images said arqueiro, and i know some portugese by living in galicia.
    PS is it only you making this mod? 'cause if it is that's very impressive to do all that by yourself in such a short time.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

###### of the Gladiators Member neo_deus's Avatar

Ye. I agree, the net wouldn't be that much pratical in the battlefield. But I will keep the trident, it gives them a distinct look.
    Ah! Yes, I suppose sometimes I save stuff in portuguese, especially when I'm creating something and immersed in it or just in a hurry <: Galicia is a nice place. Did you visited Portugal when you were there? If not, you should have. The galego is very similiar to portuguese too!

Yip, it's just me. I wouldn't mind having someone working with me, though, especially when it comes to modelling. Are you interested?!
    Even if you are not, do you want to contribute for the mod by doing a sword that looks like these?

Yes to both the questions! I'd love to help, and i have to portugal, many times, i love the area around oporto, it's so beatiful!
    Anyway, i'm getting a lot of tests this week, so i can't do it right now, but during the week end i'll get it going.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 04-14-2009 at 19:08.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

That's wonderfull news, Cyrus! We should get in touch through msn or something and when you have more time discuss what can be done :)

I live near Oporto. Santa Maria da Feira, ever heard of it?

The Celts

Far to the north, beyond the borders of the mysterious Gauls, live an even more mysterious people...
    The Celts were the rulers of western europe many centuries before the Greek and Roman arrival to their shores and borders. Their influence brought division between those who were closer to them, thus suffering their influences, and those who lived further, maintaining their ancient lifestyle and warfare.
    They have suffered influences too. From the people of the great island of Britannia of the Germans against who they fought time and time again.

The Celt rulers have tolerated their gallic brothers and sustained their germanic neighbours invasions for too long. It is time for them to retake Gaul that was once theirs and invade and defeat the Germans once and for all. Who knows? Perhaps even Iberia, a posession lost centuries ago to iberians, carthaginians and romans. To a nation of warriors and heroes, nothing is impossible. And when they have what is rightfully theirs, even the proud romans will have to bow to bow to the Celtic Kings... if they left them alive to be able to bow.

----

The Celts unit roster

Barracks

Level 1 -
    Spear Warband (the shield has been inspired and, in part, copied, from an original by Halie Satanus)

Sword Warband

Level 2 -
    Belgae Warriors

Level 3 -
    Woad Warriors

Level 4 -
    Dismounted Nobles

Archery Range
    Level 1 -
    Slingers

Head Hurlers

Level 2 -
    Archers

Level 3 -

Level 4 -
    Hunters

Onagers

Stables
    Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Level 3 -
    Chariots

Level 4 -
    Celtic Nobles

Last edited by neo_deus; 05-05-2009 at 22:26.

Very nice units!

Might I ask what model you used for the Sacred Band?

Thanks, Comrade General. The Sacred Band from the Greek cities? The model is from the game. Its called unit_greek_sacred_band_v2.

Default Faction Preview: The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum

The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum

The rulers of Bithynia asserted their independence even before Alexander's conquest of the Persian Empire, and after it managed to maintain their own rulers by a politic of alliance.
    Nicomedes I was Bythinia's greatest King. His rule was long and prosperous and he even founded the capital of the kingdom, Nicomedia. His successors maintained the strength and independence of the kingdom for several years even when the power of Rome reached their lands, after the first Macedonic War.

The Atallid dynasty was, by anyone's standards, a great one. They encouraged trade, art, founded cities and improved those already existent. The capital of it's Kingdom was Pergamum, one of the largest and most beautiful cities in the ancient world.
    The Atallid kings allied themselves with Rome since the first Macedonic War and maintained that alliance during many years and many wars, even being rewarded with conquered territory after the war against the Seleucid Empire.
    When king Atallus III died without an heir he bequeathed the whole of the Kingdom of Pergamum to Rome in order do prevent civil war. But the Senate of Rome, always a reluctant heir, was happy to put it under control of another of its allies, the King of Bithynia, thus forming the Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum.

The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum is considered Amicis Populus Romanus, i. e., friend and ally of the roman people. It maintains its independence and native princes, and as long as it does nothing that goes against the will of the roman senate, it will not interfere.

The kings of Pontus have desired to absorb Bithynia into their own posessions for too long, and Mithridates VI, named The Great by his people, almost managed to do it, if not for the quick intervention of Rome. Now they must prepare to defende their borders against the Pontic agressor and, who knows, perhaps even expand their frontiers. The senate of Rome is known for being more than willing to delegate the rule of foreign provinces to those who help them fighting.
    And with all the trouble in the West, who knows for how long Rome will stand strong enough to maintain their arm so streched...

----

Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum unit roster

Barracks
    Level 1 - City Militia

Level 2 - Galatian Infantry

Level 3 - Galatian Spearmen

Level 4 - Greek Infantry

Level 5 - Galatian Heavy Infantry

Archery Range
    Level 1 - Skirmishers

Level 2 - Greek Archers

Level 3 -

Level 4 - Onagers

Level 5 - Heavy Onagers

Stables
    Level 1 - Mounted Skirmishers

Level 2 -

Level 3 - Galatian Cavalry

Level 4 -

Level 5 - King's Companions
    Last edited by neo_deus; 05-07-2009 at 02:43.

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Amazing..... What can I say, thats wonderful skinning

Thank you, Emperor of Graal :)

Hi all. I've made some modifications on some horse skins. Here's a few of them

Gaul, with a fluffy bear skin on it.

Numidia

Germanic horse with wolf fur.

And for Parthia

I wonder what PETA would have to say about these skins...

Speaking of Parthia, the units for Parthia and Armenia are ready. I'm just waiting the permissions of the EB team to use two of their armoured and half armoured horses to make two new previews.

Oh, yes, still about the horses. Some horses will be using Pinarius Horse Mod. When I have it ready, I'll show them to you.

Numidia

The numidians were originally divided into two berber kingdoms, the Massylii and the Masaesily. They were a country divided, each king always fighting for proeminence.
    During the second punic war, however, Masinissa, the king of the Massylii, allied himself with Rome, while Syphax of the Masaesyli, chose the Carthaginian side. When the war was over and Carthage, along with its allies, was defeated, the Masinissa was able to unite Numidia in one single kingdom, profiting from both the lands of the defetead Masaesyli king and lands that were before in carthaginian hands.

Having in their hands some of the most fertile lands in the world, along with seasoned warriors to maintain their lands free of invaders, the numidians thrived as allies of Rome rulling almost all of the western north Africa.

When King Jugurta rose to the throne of Numidia, his throne was disputed by one of his half-brothers and civil war started once again. The killing of some roman business man who were aiding his rival brought Rome to declare war on Jugurta.
    In the first part of the war the numidians gained the upper hand thanks to the inactivity of the roman commander, but when Caius Marius assumed control, defeat after defeat followed. Although defeated, the urge of returning to Rome to defend its borders from a germanic threat, allowed Jugurta to stay in the throne, though with a much smaller kingdom. Its bigger part was divided between the new Roman province of Africa and the Mauritanian King who allied with Rome.

Now the numidians are in a fragile position, surrounded with unfriendly neighbours. With Rome distracted with his own backyard perhaps it is the moment to strike on those who betrayed them, taking back the lands that belonged to the King of Numidia for generations. And then, when Numidia is again a rich kingdom, maybe they can try to face the might of the roman legions once again.

----

Numidia Unit Roster
    Barracks
    Level 1 - Tribal Infantry

Level 2 -

Level 3 - Numidian Heavy Infantry

Level 4 - African Legionaries

Stables
    Level 1 - Numidian Cavalry

Level 2 - Camel Riders

Level 3 - Elephants

Level 4 - Numidian Noble Cavalry (thanks to SubRosa for the permission to use these from ATW!)

Poeni Nobles

War Elephants

Archery Range
    Level 1 - Archers

Level 2 - Gaetulian Skirmishers

Level 3 -

Level 4 - Onagers

I'm already using Pinarius' horses in some units as you can see. I wont use them in all of the units, though.

I thought of including the Poeni Nobles as an elite infantry unit. It would be something like this:

Oh, the faction symbol is from SubRosa's ATW too. Another thank you for her!
    Last edited by neo_deus; 05-22-2009 at 13:25.

New version of Lybian Infantry. The armour is from Halie Satanus, I just changed it a bit.

The older was this one

Versatile unit, carry several javelins to the battle so they can harass the enemy at distance and well capable of engaging infantry and cavalry and hold their ground for a while until heavier troops arrive.
    Last edited by neo_deus; 05-23-2009 at 03:15.

Egypt

After the death of Alexander the Great the empire he had
    created tottered and fell into disarray with remarkable speed. His empire was the largest ever seen, and the generals struggled against each other for the ultimate prize that none of them was quite strong enough to gain. The Diadochi, or Successors, were only strong enough to hold together fragments of Alexander’s empire.

Egypt was one part of that empire and by anyone’s standards it is an ancient land. It is now ruled by Greek Pharaohs, the descendants of Ptolemy I, one of Alexander’s able generals. The Ptolemaic dynasty adjusted rapidly to Egyptian ways and adopted the many of the royal ways of the Pharaohs - including divine status and marriage between the Pharaoh and his sister in each generation. All the succeeding Pharaohs have been called Ptolemy, and their sisters (more often than not) Cleopatra in the Egyptian fashion.

However, this is not the Egypt that Alexander and Ptolemy Soter have created. The lands of the Nile have been devastated by wars against it's neighbours and by civil wars between the claimants to the throne, and the Ptolemaic Royal House, that once ruled in Cyrenaica, Syria and Anatolia, now counts only with Cyprus amongst it's foreign posessions, and the current King is only so because Sulla made him so.

Rome is always a threat, but there are closer threats. Parthia, Pontus and Armenia all look with envy to Egypt and would do whatever it takes to get their hands on its lands. If Egypt can defeat it's enemies and take back the lands that were once theirs, then the Ptolemaic House can rule again a great empire and make Alexandria the Capital of the World.

----

Egypt Unit roster

Barracks
    Level 1 - Nubian Infantry

Level 2 - Native Egyptian Infantry (thank you, Andalus, for the armour for these (Y)

Level 3 - Desert Axemen

Level 4 - Hellenic Infantry

Level 5 - Agema Guards (help me decide about the shield. Should I keep the one with the papyrus plant, the one with the macedonian sun or the one who has both?)

Stables
    Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Level 3 - Camels

Conscripted Cavalry

Level 4 - War Elephants

Level 5 - Cataphract Elephants

Companion Cavalry

Archery Range
    Level 1 - Skirmishers

Level 2 - Archers

Level 3 -

Level 4 - Onagers

Level 5 - Heavy Onagers

This unit list is not final. I might still add some new units. Somekind of city militia to act as garrison and a jewish unit are strong hypotheses as is a militia cavalry, something like mounted skirmishers or something.
    Also, should I add a heavy cavalry unit?

Just to let you all know that the work on Spartacus continues. I've been kinda quiet these last days due to large amounts of work.

I'm finishing the units for Parthia and Armenia, I think a new preview will be out sometime this week. Stay tunned :)

Faction Preview: Parthia

The Parthians are a nomadic people who conquered and settled in the area near the Caspian Sea in the 4th century BC as part of the Dahae confederation. Since that time the Parthians, under their Arsacid rulers (named after King Arsaces I), have fiercely maintained their independence. The Seleucids have, from time to time, claimed to be the overlords of Parthia and, from time to time, have actually been strong enough to try and enforce their claim, but the Parhians outlived them and without the shadow of the seleucids, have become the dominant power in the region.

The Parthias are alrady a big empire, but have the potential to be a great one, as they sit close to or astride the main trade routes from the east to the Mediterranean. The wealth of the world flows through these lands: a fortune that could pay for any army that an ambitious king could imagine. This wealth is there for the taking, for the people with the will to stretch out their hands and grasp it.

The Parthians now stand in the backdoors of the Roman borders and must decide whether they will do war against the heirs of Romulus or turn their armies in another direction.

Parthia unit roster

Barracks
    Level 1 - Parthian Spearmen

Level 2 -

Level 3 - Indian Spearmen

Level 4 - Eastern Axemen

Level 5 - +2 experience to all units recruited.

Stables
    Level 1 - Parthian Mounted Archers

Dahae Skirmishers

Level 2 - Persian Cavalry

Dahae Riders

Level 3 - Median Cavalry

Level 4 - Cataphracts

Cataphract Archers

War Elephants

Indian War Elephants

Level 5 - Parthian Nobles

Cataphract Elephants

Indian Cataphract Elephants

+2 experience to all units recruited.

Archery Range
    Level 1 - Slingers

Level 2 - Archers

Kurdish Javelinmen

Level 3 - Elite Archers

Level 4 - Onagers

Indian Longbowmen

Level 5 - Heavy Onagers

+2 experience to all units recruited.

A big thank you for the Europa Barbarorum team who kindly allowed me to use their models for the horses of the Cataphracts, Parthian Nobles and Median Cavalry as well as their model for the Indian Longbowmen.

New units may be added. I'm thinking about another regional type of infantry because I fear the infantry choices may be too weak.

New mercenary units

Nubian Spearmen
    Common mostly on the Egyptian armies some of these men venture even further north looking for an employer. Usefull as supporting troops they shouldn't be expected to make a difference on the battlefield, but to help others do it.

Scordisci Mercenaries
    Heavy infantry that can hold their ground against most enemies. As any other "non-speared" infantry they shouldn't be exposed to heavy cavalry charges.

Scythian Mercenary Axemen
    When the Scythians were overrun from their lands by the Sarmatian and Roxolanni, not all of them perished or assimilated the conqueror's culture. Some of them decided to migrate and gain their life as mercenaries.
    Fierce warriors, these men can tear apart unarmoured opponents and even put up a good fight against armoured ones when well used.

Greek Mercenaries
    Mercenaries were always abundant in the greek world since most of the times its city states could not afford to have a permanent army and used mercenaries in their times of need. These men adapted and are the substitutes of the hoplite mercenaries.
    Armed with a sword and javelins these men are well armed and well trained and are an excellent addition to any general that can afford them.

I need your opinion, people. I was working on a heavy infantry unit for Thrace and I came up with these two

Wich one you think is better?

Now, another opinion. Wich one of these shields do you prefer?

This one, with Philip II of Macedon and the diadochus Lysimachus

This, with the Kings and the Thracian symbol

These with just the Thracian symbol

Or this one?

In other news, I have a new version of the Numidian Heavy infantry. Thus one

is replacing this old version

New Greek Marines will be replacing these

For the Greeks

For the Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum

And this are the merceries

New units for Pontus
    Pontus Heavy Infantry

Will replace these

And new Pontic Royal Guards

To replace these

New mercenary units
    Illyrian Mercenaries (courtesy of DimeBagHo)

Illyrian Mercenary Swordsmen

Eastern Swordsmen

Gallo-German Spearmen

And Nervii Infantry

[/quote]

These are new mercenaries for the regions of Gaul and Germania

Boii Mercenaries

Gallic Mercenary Cavalry

Remii Mercenaries

Germanic Mercenary Cavalry

Mercenary Germanic Heavy Cavalry

New mercs:
    For Syria. Archers and Infantry. I need two opinions though.

Veil or no veil? Sword or Spear? I'm inclined towards the spearmen, but I'm having serious doubts about the veil.

And Nabateans

I'm preparing several map previews, wich I think the forum is badly missing! Stay tunned <:

Spartacus Map Previews

The Gladiators start here

Roman territories

(You can also see the Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum here)

The Roman Rebels

Iberia

Numidia & Mauritania

Galia

The Celts

Germania

Dacia

Thrace

Sarmatians & Roxolani

Pontus & Armenia

Parthia

Egypt

The Eastern Provinces

well done, well done
    brillent so far
    A good genarel does not ask who commands an army, but where they are. He will enage all who attack him.

Thank you, Samofrone.

Small update:
    New Skin for Iberian Scutarius

And also a merc version

Also, new unit versions for Parthia.
    New Indian Spearmen

Will replace these

And new Eastern Axemen

To replace these

To the Greek Cities, new Heavy Spearmen

(I'm almost sure I'm choosing the second one, but what do you think?
    Will replace these old ones

And courtesy of the EB team:
    Jewish Mercs
    Last edited by neo_deus; 11-07-2009 at 04:11.

Here's a new update; this time, units for Iberia!

Celtiberian Infantry

Will replace these

Iberian Infantry

Scutarius

Iberian Heavy Infantry

Will replace these

Iberian Cavalry

And also a merc version for the Scutarii
    Last edited by neo_deus; 11-10-2009 at 05:30.

Due to the lack of activity here I will no longer be updating these thread. Those interested on the mod can follow its delopment on any of its sub forum at TWC, TWH or Mod Realms. Thanks to everyone who commented and supported the mod here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast