Thread: Saka

Default Saka

So i heard that the saka were a really tough team to be, and i tried. I played on med battle, Vh campaign. I must say, its been one of the easiest campaigns ive ever played. I have the eastern steps, all of iran, iraq, india and everything in between. I dont even have a real army, just 2 armies of 10 elite horsemen. I thought id be able to use more of the indo-greek saka units, but now that region is obsolete strategically. Now im having a hard time holding the huge iraq cities, any hints?Did i just expand too much, and im also curious about how other people played this fun faction.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: Saka

What do you mean by "hard time"? I do not quite understand. Please elaborate.

Default Re: Saka

Did you move your capital? Chighu (spelling?) isn't exactly centrally located.

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

yes, i moved the capital to baktra, and by a "hard time" i mean the saka, as a barbarian faction, lack the infrastructure to hold huge cities without a massive garrison.

i had that same problem with my saka empire... i think they r probably the easiest faction to blitz or create nd empire with but like u said unless the provinces r developed by civilized factions which they probably wont be cause of the blitz it is impossible to devlop liek the other factions... u could try building those buddist temples?

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

The shift button can be used to create capital letters.

Anyways, if you're good enough, all factions are easy. Also, it would also be feasible for you just to enslave the huge cities when you capture them
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    The shift button can be used to create capital letters.

lol this made my day
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

I agree with A Super Market.

I enjoy grammar. It makes things easier to read. And therefore, more attractive to respond to.

Anyway, back on topic. Your difficulty is the point of the campaign. That's why it's rated as extremely hard, because although it may be easy to completely blitz the steppes and some parts of India, the campaign becomes extremely difficult later on.

At least for a mediocre EB player such as I.

The economy of the steppe factions make them a lot harder than others. Yes, it's possible to succeed due to the awesome horse archers, and if you find it's too easy you can always try VH/VH.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I dont know if its hard coded, but I think that the Saka should be able to upgrade to large or even huge cities after the reform. Didnt they become more sedentary after they invaded India? Doesnt really make sense if they have these huge Indian cities and use greeks, but still build their crappy huts in the city.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

There was (kind of) a reform planned for Saka along the lines of the Pahlava reformed governments. No work was done on it though. You can probably expect something more for them in EBII, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    There was (kind of) a reform planned for Saka along the lines of the Pahlava reformed governments. No work was done on it though. You can probably expect something more for them in EBII, though.

Great, I always felt that the Saka were portrayed a bit... primitive, if you consider that they have the money and the technology to equip cataphracts...

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

I think they are the way they are in the game because historically the Saka never really settled down after their conquests and still retained much of their nomadic nature, as opposed to the Pahlava (Parthians) who became very settled indeed, hence their ability to upgrade to bigger cities.
    This is what I've gathered from reading the ingame material, although it would be great for the Saka to have the option to follow the same route as the Pahlava and become more sedentary.

Edit:
    ha! looks like while i was typing my wish came true.
    Last edited by bobbin; 03-05-2009 at 19:46.