Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trouble installing ETW? Please read!

Default Re: Trouble installing ETW? Please read!

I realise I must be very lucky. I have been reading the horror stories here for weeks, so today I finally - with some trepidation - got round to putting the DVDs in the drive and setting up the game. I must say it all went lucky clockwork; the Steam process was faultless, downloaded updates very quickly, and got through the download from the disks quickly. I was soon playing the tutorial battles, and being blown away by the graphics! It is certainly the most complex TW game I have played, but gradually getting the hang of it.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

*Sigh.

The players who are having troubles are the minority. However, because of the fact that they are having trouble in the first place, they are more vocal about it, for a good reason. The majority of players who do not have problems, generally have nothing to say.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

I have bad problem, the CD key will not work, I have tried it so many times. And in case you ask, I used the CD key and not the Special Forces unlock code, so I'm am doing the right thing but it is not working.

Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

I just purchased Empire on steam so I thought I would be able to download the game straight away (I believe it states you can download the game from 17:00 GMT time). However each time I click "install game" on the steam menu, the bar begins to load, steam hangs, and then I get a little prompt which states my "Your steam ticket has expired" which asks me to enter my account name and password. After doing that...nothing happens.

Default Re: Problem

Sounds like you need to contact the Steam folks.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Sounds like you need to contact the Steam folks.
    There appears to be some issue with Steam for a lot of users. I started using Steam with ETW release and never had an issue. However, I have temporarily lost my library and now find how frustrating it can be not to have access to your games. I don't know what the issue is but I do believe it is on Steam and not the users end.

Quote Originally Posted by Northnovas View Post
    I don't know what the issue is but I do believe it is on Steam and not the users end.
    Too right. This is account related and the Steam people will need to clear it up. If something has expired it will need to be reset. It's unlikely that this is something a user can do.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

I stand corrected it is the user end if they installed Obit Advance Care (freeware) there is some conflict; some files have to be updated there is a fix on the Steam forums Cannot Connect/Advance System Care Fix.
    Who knew???!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345